I don't think many thought we'd win this game. I think we all thought we'd be more competitive though. The Dallas roster is just better than ours across the board and where we have an edge, they are just a small step down with Zeke.
- I've haven't seen so many blown coverages in the Defense since the CC Brown days. A lot of rookies and new guys back there, but it's still surprising just how free those guys were running. And it was mistake after mistake, not just two or three. Just brutal. A few ugly missed tackles too, particularly on a would-be third-down stop to force a fied goal. Instead, they convert and later score a TD.
- Dak had all day in the pocket. No surprises here, the Giants haven't had a pass rush since the days of Osi, Tuck, and JPP. Maybe someone will emerge later in the year.
- Run defense. I thought our run defense did better than many likely expected. That is the lone positive on the defense.
- Shurmur needs to take some heat for not running the ball more. Barkley opened up with a 59-yard run. The game was not out of hand when Shurmur moved away from the run.
- Offense line gave Eli more time than we are used to seeing.
Eli would be decent if this team had a really Defense, but we don't and Eli isn't going to win anything with his legs or athleticism. He still does dumb stuff. Still botches short passes. I expect we will win our next couple of games and this will cloud judgment. But this team is not going to the playoffs. Might as well see what we have in DJ sooner than later. It's just a matter of time before this team is eliminated from the playoffs.
This year is about next year. I said it all offseason and DJ is a big part of next year. How long will we wait?