Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: 52 | Yankees (93-50) @ Red Sox (76-66) - there is no NFL Ed.

RasputinPrime : 9/8/2019 6:59 pm


@

Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Jackie Bradley? Oh come the hell on  
section125 : 9/8/2019 9:22 pm : link
In comment 14566537 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
And it's two runs because one of the very worst hitters in baseball singled. Makes a man want to vomit.


Not only that, but giving up a single to Leon.
Tauchman needed that  
section125 : 9/8/2019 9:31 pm : link
to get back on track...6-2
Needed that from  
dune69 : 9/8/2019 9:34 pm : link
Tauchman
TAUCHMAN!!!  
Dave in Hoboken : 9/8/2019 9:34 pm : link
Hell yeah.
GD Holt is a PIA.  
section125 : 9/8/2019 9:40 pm : link
Just keeps fouling off good pitch after good pitch.
Can the high fastball.  
section125 : 9/8/2019 9:47 pm : link
He keeps getting burned on it.
Sawx have destroyed Tanaka this season.  
bceagle05 : 9/8/2019 9:48 pm : link
.
Tanaka allowing  
section125 : 9/8/2019 9:49 pm : link
Greg's favorite players into the game. Shitty hitting catchers ...
All Rise  
dune69 : 9/8/2019 9:57 pm : link
.
JUDGE!!!!  
Dave in Hoboken : 9/8/2019 9:58 pm : link
.
Judges ball did not go that far.  
section125 : 9/8/2019 9:59 pm : link
Thought that was ticketed for Lansdowne Street, barely cleared the wall.
Lol Arod  
Nine-Tails : 9/8/2019 10:06 pm : link
talking about CC in October. Want him no where near pitching in a meaningful game
Eddie is going to be  
section125 : 9/8/2019 10:07 pm : link
huge in the playoffs...the man can just flat out hit.
RE: Lol Arod  
section125 : 9/8/2019 10:20 pm : link
In comment 14566786 Nine-Tails said:
Quote:
talking about CC in October. Want him no where near pitching in a meaningful game


I don't either. He's only slightly better than Nestor Cortes at this point. Love his heart and what he has done and I really thought he should have retired last year.
RE: RE: Lol Arod  
Percy : 9/8/2019 10:39 pm : link
In comment 14566838 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14566786 Nine-Tails said:


Quote:


talking about CC in October. Want him no where near pitching in a meaningful game



I don't either. He's only slightly better than Nestor Cortes at this point. Love his heart and what he has done and I really thought he should have retired last year.

My own bet is that he will somehow see a few innings if his knee permits -- which it may not. He can be effective at any point when he's on, if only for say three-plus or four. When he's not, well then it's a mistake to have put him in. Kind of true about a lot of pitchers.
I wouldn't take CC in the playoffs  
adamg : 9/8/2019 10:43 pm : link
Sevy, Tanaka, Paxton, and German as the starters

Happ as long relief. And Sevy isn't starting by then, he's long relief.

I don't see a place for CC.
RE: RE: RE: Lol Arod  
section125 : 9/8/2019 10:46 pm : link
In comment 14566906 Percy said:
Quote:
In comment 14566838 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 14566786 Nine-Tails said:


Quote:


talking about CC in October. Want him no where near pitching in a meaningful game



I don't either. He's only slightly better than Nestor Cortes at this point. Love his heart and what he has done and I really thought he should have retired last year.


My own bet is that he will somehow see a few innings if his knee permits -- which it may not. He can be effective at any point when he's on, if only for say three-plus or four. When he's not, well then it's a mistake to have put him in. Kind of true about a lot of pitchers.


Does CC for 3 innings really earn him a playoff spot? He'd be the 12th or 13th pitcher. And I can name 12 pitchers more useful at this point if Severino and Betances make it back, which looks to have a decent chance now. If Happ keeps up his recent success, he probably makes it. I originally had Happ off and CC maybe on. Not sure now.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Lol Arod  
Percy : 9/8/2019 10:49 pm : link
In comment 14566927 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14566906 Percy said:


Quote:


In comment 14566838 section125 said:


Quote:




Does CC for 3 innings really earn him a playoff spot? He'd be the 12th or 13th pitcher. And I can name 12 pitchers more useful at this point if Severino and Betances make it back, which looks to have a decent chance now. If Happ keeps up his recent success, he probably makes it. I originally had Happ off and CC maybe on. Not sure now.


I don't know either, especially about Severino and Bettances.
Length of Game  
Percy : 9/8/2019 10:53 pm : link
Hard to believe we're only in the top of the 7th. Tanaka has been out of there for a while so it wasn't all him. It's the batters hitting a lot, I guess -- 17 so far, to say nothing of foul balls, all with only one walk.
We'll see both Betances and Severino next week.  
section125 : 9/8/2019 10:54 pm : link
One more MiLB game for Sevy and two for Dellin I believe is the plan.
RE: Length of Game  
section125 : 9/8/2019 10:55 pm : link
In comment 14566944 Percy said:
Quote:
Hard to believe we're only in the top of the 7th. Tanaka has been out of there for a while so it wasn't all him. It's the batters hitting a lot, I guess -- 17 so far, to say nothing of foul balls, all with only one walk.


That and what 6 or 7 pitchers for the Sox?
RE: RE: Length of Game  
Percy : 9/8/2019 11:01 pm : link
In comment 14566951 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14566944 Percy said:


Quote:


Hard to believe we're only in the top of the 7th. Tanaka has been out of there for a while so it wasn't all him. It's the batters hitting a lot, I guess -- 17 so far, to say nothing of foul balls, all with only one walk.



That and what 6 or 7 pitchers for the Sox?


Six it is. True about what that does to time.
This like Green of 2 years ago  
Stu11 : 9/8/2019 11:02 pm : link
He'd come in in the 5th inning and before you knew it it was the 8th..
Are they stretching him  
section125 : 9/8/2019 11:03 pm : link
out? Could they be setting him up to follow Severino?
RE: Are they stretching him  
Percy : 9/8/2019 11:08 pm : link
In comment 14566974 section125 said:
Quote:
out? Could they be setting him up to follow Severino?

He's just killing them. And could give up a little without getting anyone hot and bothered. Interesting note about possibly being set up to follow Sevy. Could be.
Absurd to have 24 pitchers for these games.  
yatqb : 9/8/2019 11:15 pm : link
F'n Red Sox...a blowout still lasts ad nauseum.
RE: Absurd to have 24 pitchers for these games.  
Percy : 9/8/2019 11:19 pm : link
In comment 14566993 yatqb said:
Quote:
F'n Red Sox...a blowout still lasts ad nauseum.

The video of them streaming out at the beginning of the game to sit in that tiny warm-up area they have up there, described as like a marching band, was pretty funny.
Green  
Percy : 9/8/2019 11:21 pm : link
OK,OK. One more hit and pull him.
Otto has been iffy recently  
section125 : 9/8/2019 11:22 pm : link
and his WHIP is 1.26. Wonder if he is a bit tired.
Hey, Hey Gio  
section125 : 9/8/2019 11:24 pm : link
is back. Nice play in that pop up.
Whoops on Green  
Percy : 9/8/2019 11:26 pm : link
Missed that they put in Ottavino.
RE: Hey, Hey Gio  
Percy : 9/8/2019 11:27 pm : link
In comment 14567004 section125 said:
Quote:
is back. Nice play in that pop up.

.
Every single game there is an ATROCIOUS strike called  
Greg from LI : 9/8/2019 11:31 pm : link
Against Judge. Every. Single. Game.
RE: Every single game there is an ATROCIOUS strike called  
Percy : 9/8/2019 11:43 pm : link
In comment 14567014 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Against Judge. Every. Single. Game.


EE gets his, too. That strike one way inside put him off his stride.
Torres Again!  
Percy : 9/8/2019 11:47 pm : link
Wow!
Jonny Lasagne  
Del Shofner : 9/8/2019 11:56 pm : link
bringing the awesome

nice win
I agree that the ump missed a few tonight, but for the most part  
yatqb : 9/8/2019 11:57 pm : link
called a good and fair game, imo.

The great agony is over...finally this game ends!
RE: I agree that the ump missed a few tonight, but for the most part  
section125 : 9/9/2019 12:00 am : link
In comment 14567040 yatqb said:
Quote:
called a good and fair game, imo.

The great agony is over...finally this game ends!


Yeah I thought so too. Bad one to judge inside and a worse one to Eddie. And Eddie chewed on him a bit, too,

So glad that this is over. Glad they go to 28 men next year in September. Yankees-Red Sox is slow enough without 22 pitchers.
Later Today  
Percy : 9/9/2019 12:01 am : link
Looking for three of the four.
Thank heavens for the Yankees  
PetesHereNow : 9/9/2019 12:03 am : link
Imagine how bad the recent NY sports landscape looks without them.
RE: Later Today  
section125 : 9/9/2019 12:04 am : link
In comment 14567046 Percy said:
Quote:
Looking for three of the four.


Ha - yeah later today...
I see 17 players all-time with 35+ HRs in a season by the age of 22...  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/9/2019 4:39 am : link
7 are Hall of Famers
2 are A-Rod and Pujols
3 are Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, and Mike Trout
2 are Juan Gonzalez (2 time MVP) and Hal Trosky (best player never to be an All-Star?)
3 are Clay Bellinger, Ronald Acuna, AND Gleyber Torres
RE: I see 17 players all-time with 35+ HRs in a season by the age of 22...  
section125 : 9/9/2019 7:39 am : link
In comment 14567134 shockeyisthebest8056 said:
Quote:
7 are Hall of Famers
2 are A-Rod and Pujols
3 are Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, and Mike Trout
2 are Juan Gonzalez (2 time MVP) and Hal Trosky (best player never to be an All-Star?)
3 are Clay Bellinger, Ronald Acuna, AND Gleyber Torres


ARod was saying that the Yanks should lock up Torres now, 10 year deal. Can't say I disagree although Torres agent might think differently...I still think Torres will improve and at 22 he is still going to get stronger (now that is downright scary).
RE: RE: I see 17 players all-time with 35+ HRs in a season by the age of 22...  
Percy : 9/9/2019 10:20 am : link
In comment 14567257 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14567134 shockeyisthebest8056 said:


Quote:


7 are Hall of Famers
2 are A-Rod and Pujols
3 are Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, and Mike Trout
2 are Juan Gonzalez (2 time MVP) and Hal Trosky (best player never to be an All-Star?)
3 are Clay Bellinger, Ronald Acuna, AND Gleyber Torres



ARod was saying that the Yanks should lock up Torres now, 10 year deal. Can't say I disagree although Torres agent might think differently...I still think Torres will improve and at 22 he is still going to get stronger (now that is downright scary).

Torres would be silly to enter into such a long-term deal unless there's someway to index it for inflation and the future value of the U.S. dollar. That is, from his point of view he would need to outthink all the world's central banks! Something shorter than ten years seems in order here with an opt-out provision for him..
ARod loves talking contracts during telecasts.  
bceagle05 : 9/9/2019 10:21 am : link
.
RE: RE: I see 17 players all-time with 35+ HRs in a season by the age of 22...  
RasputinPrime : 9/9/2019 10:48 am : link
In comment 14567257 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14567134 shockeyisthebest8056 said:


Quote:


7 are Hall of Famers
2 are A-Rod and Pujols
3 are Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, and Mike Trout
2 are Juan Gonzalez (2 time MVP) and Hal Trosky (best player never to be an All-Star?)
3 are Clay Bellinger, Ronald Acuna, AND Gleyber Torres



ARod was saying that the Yanks should lock up Torres now, 10 year deal. Can't say I disagree although Torres agent might think differently...I still think Torres will improve and at 22 he is still going to get stronger (now that is downright scary).


Other than the Yankees never getting a discount, any reason Torres doesn't get the Acuna deal?
RE: ARod loves talking contracts during telecasts.  
Stu11 : 9/9/2019 11:05 am : link
In comment 14567728 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
.

That opt out convo was very interesting seeing as Arod conveniently left out that he really over played his hand after 2008 opting out. If the Yanks hadn't agreed to take him back at essentially the same $ he would have made way less. No one was paying him close to that besides the Yanks.
RE: Thank heavens for the Yankees  
Greg from LI : 9/9/2019 11:21 am : link
In comment 14567047 PetesHereNow said:
Quote:
Imagine how bad the recent NY sports landscape looks without them.


Rangers have a bright future, at least
At least there was some good news yesterday  
Carson53 : 9/9/2019 11:30 am : link
to borrow a line from Strahan, time to 'stomp them out'.
As in out of the playoffs, the impatient Sawx already
fired Dumbrowski, apparently wasn't getting along with people in the organization.
You knew they would have a fall guy for this season,
that's how they roll.
RE: RE: RE: I see 17 players all-time with 35+ HRs in a season by the age of 22...  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/9/2019 2:29 pm : link
In comment 14567725 Percy said:
Quote:


Torres would be silly to enter into such a long-term deal unless there's someway to index it for inflation and the future value of the U.S. dollar. That is, from his point of view he would need to outthink all the world's central banks! Something shorter than ten years seems in order here with an opt-out provision for him..


Sure, he could play it out like Lindor. However, 100+ million dollars guaranteed is a LOT to turn down for a 22 year-old kid.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner