Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

New York Giants - Dallas Cowboys Post-Game Discussion Thread

Eric from BBI : Admin : 9/8/2019 7:19 pm
...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 <<Prev | Show All |
Minority position here.  
CT Charlie : 9/8/2019 9:00 pm : link
I think Shurmur MIGHT become a good HC or a good OC, but I don't think he'll even reach Average while doing both jobs. I just don't see the mind/temperament to multi-task like that.
RE: RE: Defense Sucks  
WillVAB : 9/8/2019 9:03 pm : link
In comment 14566305 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14566280 WillVAB said:


Quote:


Thatís the problem. The run D was fine. All of the toys added in the secondary sucked ass. The non-existent pass rush sucked ass but that was a given.

The Giants invested a ton of resources in the secondary and they payed like street free agents.

Terrible approach to the draft by a GM who doesnít have a great record drafting CBs and WRs.



Yes, he should have drafted NFL ready vets!

How the hell do you think you build a secondary? You have to draft CBs and let them learn how to play. Cowboys did that two years ago(?) and built a good secondary.


All of these bodies added via the draft or trade were supposed to transform the secondary into a strength.

The secondary was BY FAR the biggest liability today. They made Dak look like a HoF caliber QB.
RE: RE: Shurmur appears visibly shaken and pissed off  
HomerJones45 : 9/8/2019 9:04 pm : link
In comment 14566143 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
In comment 14566129 RDJR said:


Quote:


in his post game presser. He needs to hang in there or this NY media will make his life very difficult.



Not a good showing by Shurmur today, in many facets...
He will not survive the rebuild. He's the JAG of HC's.
RE: RE: Cowboys scored 5 straight TDs  
lax counsel : 9/8/2019 9:05 pm : link
In comment 14566474 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
In comment 14566456 tikimvp said:


Quote:


something they have not done in 20 years. Yet, 75% of the comments here are about offense/Eli.



Yep. Again, I'm not an Eli cheerleader but the defense was revolting


It has nothing to do with Eliís play. It has to do with the fact that keeping Jones on the sidelines is a waste of valuable experience. It doesnít take years from qbs to develop anymore. And the Giants need to know what Rey have in Jones sooner rather than later. If he flops, let him flip and see if he can overcome adversity. If he tears it up, great you have your qb for the next 10 plus years. If heís terrible, you draft another qb highly in the next couple of years. But sitting in the past with Eli does no favors for this organization.

Again, it has nothing to do with Eli, it has everything to do with he organization moving forward as a whole.
RE: Can't wait for more smug self-back patting from  
HomerJones45 : 9/8/2019 9:10 pm : link
In comment 14566423 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Arrogant, bumbling motherfucker
Yes, but he's familiar with the "Giants way of doing things" and that's enough.
RE: RE: RE: Defense Sucks  
eli4life : 9/8/2019 9:16 pm : link
In comment 14566506 WillVAB said:
Quote:
In comment 14566305 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 14566280 WillVAB said:


Quote:


Thatís the problem. The run D was fine. All of the toys added in the secondary sucked ass. The non-existent pass rush sucked ass but that was a given.

The Giants invested a ton of resources in the secondary and they payed like street free agents.

Terrible approach to the draft by a GM who doesnít have a great record drafting CBs and WRs.



Yes, he should have drafted NFL ready vets!

How the hell do you think you build a secondary? You have to draft CBs and let them learn how to play. Cowboys did that two years ago(?) and built a good secondary.



All of these bodies added via the draft or trade were supposed to transform the secondary into a strength.

The secondary was BY FAR the biggest liability today. They made Dak look like a HoF caliber QB.


And as was alluded to they need time to learn also until they can get any kind of pressure you can have all Deion Sanders type guys back there and with zero pressure any decent qb will make them look stupid
Not the reason Giants lost, but  
Emil : 9/8/2019 9:19 pm : link
This officiating crew was horrible.

1. They blew the 12 men in the huddle call
2. That was not intentional grounding on Eli. You canít have intentional grounding if the QB is hit while he is in the process of passing while he is out of the pocket.
3. Shep was interfered with in the end zone. And they picked up the flag.

Giants probably still would have lost, but Iím sure they would have scored more than 20 points.
RE: Not the reason Giants lost, but  
Eman11 : 9/8/2019 9:24 pm : link
In comment 14566573 Emil said:
Quote:
This officiating crew was horrible.

1. They blew the 12 men in the huddle call
2. That was not intentional grounding on Eli. You canít have intentional grounding if the QB is hit while he is in the process of passing while he is out of the pocket.
3. Shep was interfered with in the end zone. And they picked up the flag.

Giants probably still would have lost, but Iím sure they would have scored more than 20 points.


There was also a face mask against Saqoun and Eli getting hit in the face on the early drive where they blew the 12 men call.

Not saying it would've made a difference in the outcome but it could've been different had Dallas been playing in an even game a little longer.
Secondary  
Dragon : 9/8/2019 9:33 pm : link
Will be a major problem for this defense all year long and Jenkins is nothing special either teams will set records this year against them.
...  
christian : 9/8/2019 9:36 pm : link
The myth Gettleman hasn't invested in the pass rush is completely silly:

- 2018 66th pick - Lorenzo Carter
- 2018 69th pick - BJ Hill
- 2019 17th pick - Dexter Lawrence
- 2019 95th pick - Oshane Ximines

The Giants have spent 4 top 100 picks on lineman or rushers in the last 2 years.

The Giants have spent 2 top 100 picks on secondary players (Beal and Love).

It's a super young defense and it's completely unsurprising they are struggling.
RE: Shurmur appears visibly shaken and pissed off  
sb from NYT Forum : 9/8/2019 9:36 pm : link
In comment 14566129 RDJR said:
Quote:
in his post game presser. He needs to hang in there or this NY media will make his life very difficult.


The more I see of Shurmur the more I think he is a smug cunt.
RE: I don't know how you put it on the HC  
djm : 9/8/2019 9:38 pm : link
In comment 14566321 Peter from NH (formerly CT) said:
Quote:
Dallas is a very, very good team. I hate to admit it, but they are kind of scary everywhere. Name a position where they don't have talent. RB, TE, OL, WR, DE, LB, DBs. I didn't realize how absolutely stacked they are. If Dak plays this way, they are going to be in it to the end.

There is a lot to learn from this. Especially, that someone has to cover the deep middle of the field...


This. (Vomit.)

Dallas is not overrated. Philly is not overrated. Both teams are stacked. We arenít. Iím disappointed but today was a tough spot.

I hated some of the those 3rd down play calls but Dallas was just better.

Please beat the bills next Sunday.
RE: Unfortunately  
AcesUp : 9/8/2019 9:41 pm : link
In comment 14566055 Matt in SGS said:
Quote:


Offensively, Shurmur continues to be clueless on how to use Barkley. He did it in Philly last year and he did it again today. I'm not looking for him to go all Dan Reeves and hand him the ball 40 times like he did with Hampton, but you have the best RB in the NFL and the best player on your team, and when it's still somewhat of a game you give it to Eli Penny and then ask Eli to roll out on 4th down.



Good breakdown re: Barkley. You can't really blame Shurmur for not giving him 40 carries when the offense can't convert a 3rd down and the defense can't get off the field. But, he's the guy. Design more passes to him in early downs and when it's a short yardage situation, regardless of the down, run your stud to get the first. That's it. That's how you get Barkley more involved when your offense is struggling.
The defense was putrid  
Jim in Forest Hills : 9/8/2019 9:46 pm : link
but didnt we kind of expect that?

All those rookies playing, Baker barely played in preseason. Hamilton is a JAG but keeping the seat warm for Beal and Ballantine.

Ximines vs the DAL OTs, you were expecting sacks?

DAL is legit good, a vet team.

I think the Giants have talent but its young and has to grow. Let's see how these guys play next week. Less stars in their eyes, a less talented team as an opponent. This is a process for this team and what we want to see is the talent ascend as the year goes on.
RE: RE: Unfortunately  
AcidTest : 9/8/2019 9:47 pm : link
In comment 14566667 AcesUp said:
Quote:
In comment 14566055 Matt in SGS said:


Quote:




Offensively, Shurmur continues to be clueless on how to use Barkley. He did it in Philly last year and he did it again today. I'm not looking for him to go all Dan Reeves and hand him the ball 40 times like he did with Hampton, but you have the best RB in the NFL and the best player on your team, and when it's still somewhat of a game you give it to Eli Penny and then ask Eli to roll out on 4th down.





Good breakdown re: Barkley. You can't really blame Shurmur for not giving him 40 carries when the offense can't convert a 3rd down and the defense can't get off the field. But, he's the guy. Design more passes to him in early downs and when it's a short yardage situation, regardless of the down, run your stud to get the first. That's it. That's how you get Barkley more involved when your offense is struggling.


Agreed.
RE: ...  
jcn56 : 9/8/2019 10:03 pm : link
In comment 14566649 christian said:
Quote:
The myth Gettleman hasn't invested in the pass rush is completely silly:

- 2018 66th pick - Lorenzo Carter
- 2018 69th pick - BJ Hill
- 2019 17th pick - Dexter Lawrence
- 2019 95th pick - Oshane Ximines

The Giants have spent 4 top 100 picks on lineman or rushers in the last 2 years.

The Giants have spent 2 top 100 picks on secondary players (Beal and Love).

It's a super young defense and it's completely unsurprising they are struggling.


Compare what he divested as part of the rebuild and what he acquired after:

Gone:
- JPP
- Vernon
- Snacks
- Kennard

Incoming:
- Hill
- Carter
- Lawrence
- Ximines

Hill's a good player. Carter's young but hasn't done much more than flash here or there. Both were 3rd rounders, replacing high priced FAs. Lawrence has big shoes to fill if he's going to replace Snacks, and expecting him to generate much pass rush from the inside seems a bit unreasonable. Ximines is a late 3rd rounder.

In terms of investment, the rebuild was underinvested on the pass rush side, and it shows. A lot was made about how Gettleman had an appreciation for how games are won at the LOS, and it seems like the Giants traded being awful on the OL for being awful on the DL.
RE: I'm really not sure why people are killing the offense  
montanagiant : 9/8/2019 10:07 pm : link
In comment 14566268 islander1 said:
Quote:
The defense was absolutely tragic today.

Offense had zero turnovers until they got 35. They moved the ball and constantly made Dallas have a long field.

The defense was absolutely shambolic. They were awful last year, too.... but this was even worse.

This!
RE: RE: I'm really not sure why people are killing the offense  
lax counsel : 9/8/2019 10:16 pm : link
In comment 14566792 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 14566268 islander1 said:


Quote:


The defense was absolutely tragic today.

Offense had zero turnovers until they got 35. They moved the ball and constantly made Dallas have a long field.

The defense was absolutely shambolic. They were awful last year, too.... but this was even worse.


This!


The offense scored 10 points in meaningful time today. You just arenít winning in the nfl with that point total. Giants are bad on both sides of the ball.
RE: RE: ...  
christian : 9/8/2019 10:21 pm : link
In comment 14566770 jcn56 said:
Quote:
In terms of investment, the rebuild was underinvested on the pass rush side, and it shows. A lot was made about how Gettleman had an appreciation for how games are won at the LOS, and it seems like the Giants traded being awful on the OL for being awful on the DL.


I'd argue Gettleman has invested and those investments haven't paid dividends yet. Maybe they won't ever. But 4 top 100 picks is definitely something.
RE: To all those clamoring for feeding the ball to Barkley  
giantstock : 9/8/2019 10:26 pm : link
In comment 14566284 Hammer said:
Quote:
Here's my question:

Do you really want to get him beat to hell on a terrible team going nowhere?

Really? That's your plan? Give Barkley the ball 35 times a game and have him crippled by the time you field a competative team?

Really?


You are COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT!!!

Do you really think the coach thinks like a fan -- that he has to "spare" Barkley on these 3rd and 4th and shorts?

What's frightening is that some of us believe him when he says in postgame he thinks his play calling is fine (we believe he is trying to win and not do as you say and "save" Barkley in these 3rd and 4th down plays.).

SO what happens for example next year when GMEN have the talent to compete. Apparently, we have a coach who thinks it acceptable not to run SB 4 times on 2 3rd and shorts and 2 4th and shorts. Instead he think it more favorable for running "Elijhaa Penny" and rolling out Eli.
RE: RE: RE: I'm really not sure why people are killing the offense  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/8/2019 10:29 pm : link
In comment 14566828 lax counsel said:
Quote:


The offense scored 10 points in meaningful time today. You just arenít winning in the nfl with that point total. Giants are bad on both sides of the ball.


The 10 points wasn't indicative of how well they moved the ball. They had 10 points despite driving the ball to the Dallas 10 yard-line THREE times and the Dallas 35 yard-line FOUR times. Heck, they even screwed up a chance for more points at the end of the half. Yes, they need to finish drives, but today wasn't an example of the Giants being bad offensively.
Hamilton had a bad game...a very bad  
NYRiese : 9/8/2019 10:32 pm : link
game.
RE: RE: I donít get the Eli is done part  
justafan : 9/8/2019 10:48 pm : link
In comment 14566250 jvm52106 said:
Quote:
In comment 14566034 Bill L said:


Quote:


He actually threw very well today.



He can't throw on the move period and worse he always seems quite indecisive when he does..


He over threw a guy on a swing pass for what must be the 100th time in his career. How do you struggle being accurate within 5 yards?
RE: RE: RE: ...  
jcn56 : 9/8/2019 10:49 pm : link
In comment 14566842 christian said:
Quote:
In comment 14566770 jcn56 said:


Quote:


In terms of investment, the rebuild was underinvested on the pass rush side, and it shows. A lot was made about how Gettleman had an appreciation for how games are won at the LOS, and it seems like the Giants traded being awful on the OL for being awful on the DL.



I'd argue Gettleman has invested and those investments haven't paid dividends yet. Maybe they won't ever. But 4 top 100 picks is definitely something.


They are definitely something - but they're less, in terms of resources, than what they started off with.

Think of the Giants allocation on the OL prior to last season. Everyone blamed Reese for not taking the OL seriously, but it wasn't a matter of resources, it was a matter of picking poorly.

Here - the Giants gave up high priced, veteran players and replaced them with mostly 3rd rounders. You can say what you will about the players that went out the door, whether there was an attitude problem or whether they performed up to expectations. But from a pure resource perspective, they spent much less than they gave up on the rebuild, and thus far it shows (including last year).
RE: RE: RE: RE: I'm really not sure why people are killing the offense  
lax counsel : 9/8/2019 11:01 pm : link
In comment 14566871 shockeyisthebest8056 said:
Quote:
In comment 14566828 lax counsel said:


Quote:




The offense scored 10 points in meaningful time today. You just arenít winning in the nfl with that point total. Giants are bad on both sides of the ball.



The 10 points wasn't indicative of how well they moved the ball. They had 10 points despite driving the ball to the Dallas 10 yard-line THREE times and the Dallas 35 yard-line FOUR times. Heck, they even screwed up a chance for more points at the end of the half. Yes, they need to finish drives, but today wasn't an example of the Giants being bad offensively.


Great, they got some yards. That doesnít count on the scoreboard, in the end they scored 10 meaningful points. Thatís indicative of a bad offense that canít finish drives. Iíve read excuses on this site for years, bottom line is the Giants are a bottom of the barrel nfl franchise and have been for many years now. Did you see anything today to indicate the Giants are close to contending?
...  
christian : 9/8/2019 11:02 pm : link
I agree fewer resources by way of dollars is going to the pass rush. It'd be great if more dollars all together were on the field and not in dead money.
RE: ...  
Scuzzlebutt : 9/8/2019 11:03 pm : link
In comment 14566353 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
Tom Rock
@TomRock_Newsday

49s
Saquon Barkley practiced every day of training camp and had 15 touches in the opener.

Ezekiel Elliott spent the last few months in Cabo and had 14 touches in the opener.


Dallas had a lot more offensive plays overall.
Well  
ghost718 : 9/8/2019 11:08 pm : link
I was pretty excited

Now I'm working towards building that back up

But I'll say this,they gotta get Jones in there.There is no reason to take these beatings with Eli.
RE: ...  
jcn56 : 9/8/2019 11:13 pm : link
In comment 14566970 christian said:
Quote:
I agree fewer resources by way of dollars is going to the pass rush. It'd be great if more dollars all together were on the field and not in dead money.


It would be. It also would have been good while shedding all these players at least one high draft pick would have been spent on a pass rusher. I think the Giants believe Lawrence will be that guy at some point. I hope they're right, although most of the pre-draft scouting would seem to indicate otherwise.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: I'm really not sure why people are killing the offense  
Nine-Tails : 9/8/2019 11:36 pm : link
In comment 14566964 lax counsel said:
Quote:
In comment 14566871 shockeyisthebest8056 said:


Quote:


In comment 14566828 lax counsel said:


Quote:




The offense scored 10 points in meaningful time today. You just arenít winning in the nfl with that point total. Giants are bad on both sides of the ball.



The 10 points wasn't indicative of how well they moved the ball. They had 10 points despite driving the ball to the Dallas 10 yard-line THREE times and the Dallas 35 yard-line FOUR times. Heck, they even screwed up a chance for more points at the end of the half. Yes, they need to finish drives, but today wasn't an example of the Giants being bad offensively.



Great, they got some yards. That doesnít count on the scoreboard, in the end they scored 10 meaningful points. Thatís indicative of a bad offense that canít finish drives. Iíve read excuses on this site for years, bottom line is the Giants are a bottom of the barrel nfl franchise and have been for many years now. Did you see anything today to indicate the Giants are close to contending?


Great, now we're talking about yardage. This isn't the preseason, the good teams finish and the bad teams do what we did.
Lawrence is a big old tackle. He says he can rush the passer,  
SB 42 and 46 and ? : 9/8/2019 11:49 pm : link
but more likely like Snacks he can only push the pocket. Not agile enough to get past the center and guards.

I read an article about Peppers' "break out" game against the Broncos last year. Said he was finally allowed to play near the line of scrimmage where he could be disruptive. He rushed the passer nine times and had four pressures, including a game-ending sack.

If that's something he can do, let him do it. Create a new position, "outside-the-edge rusher."

They traded Beckham and finally achieved a solid offensive infrastructure. An offensive line that is OK and maybe even better than OK, and a new franchise quarterback.

Why not trade Barkley for a pass rush? He'll only be wasting his most productive years on a losing team.

Only way to turn this team around quickly is a fearsome pass rush. Help out all the inexperience in the back seven. Gains you respect in the league.

Was joking when I typed this, but not so sure now. All Giants' Super Bowl winners had a strong pass rush. None had a back like Barkley.
Not Sure  
Percy : 9/9/2019 12:08 am : link
I want to watch a game with a team this one can beat. Sounds more like a punishment for doing something wrong, but I can't think of what that might be -- except watching it.
Scuzzlebutt  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 9/9/2019 12:46 am : link
Giants ran 66 plays.

Dallas ran 62 plays.
RE: Can't wait for more smug self-back patting from  
Tesla : 9/9/2019 12:46 am : link
In comment 14566423 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Arrogant, bumbling motherfucker


Listen, the guy's been to 7 Super Bowls, ok? So he knows a thing or two about how to build a team. If you don't believe me just ask him, he'll tell you.
The lack of any kind of effective offense  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/9/2019 12:57 am : link
Keeps a bad defense on the field longer than it has to be.

And when you keep a bad defense on the fid, they get their doors blown off.

Same shit we've seen for years. The putrid offense HAS to be part of the conversation. We sunk a #2 overall pick and lots of money into an offense that was supposed to be able to control the damn clock. Why wouldn't we talk about that too?
They started out so good  
giantsFC : 9/9/2019 1:17 am : link
That drive where they didnít call the 12 man huddle penalty, followed by the shit play calling where Eli rolls out and then gets tecmo bowl blitzed and his 600th rookie mistake intentional grounding call. Thatís where it died for them. Def on the coaching staff. And The defense is so lack of talent itís scary.

Barkley looks so good, yet they barely use him.
They apparently ran 76%  
Rflairr : 9/9/2019 7:08 am : link
Of their plays out of the same set. Again no creativity to the offense. The same shit has continued from when McAdoo was here. Iím tired of these shitty ass coaching staffs. Keep getting our asses completely kicked by the Eagles and Cowboys. Completely Dominated by division rivals.
It was not the fault of the offense  
cjac : 9/9/2019 7:16 am : link
although some of the play calls were headscratching

What is really bothering me is that Eli Manning should not be on this team anymore. Its clear the Giants are not going to win the SB this year and when you know that going in you need to build for the future. Daniel Jones needs to play, take his rookie lumps, and prepare for the future.
They scored ten points on offense and got doubled up on  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/9/2019 7:19 am : link
time of possession. They lost two fumbles and converted 18 (EIGHTEEN) percent of their third downs.
Anyone watch the D line?  
UberAlias : 9/9/2019 7:22 am : link
How did they look? We have a 1 a 2 and a 3 invested in that unit.
RE: Anyone watch the D line?  
McNally's_Nuts : 9/9/2019 7:25 am : link
In comment 14567214 UberAlias said:
Quote:
How did they look? We have a 1 a 2 and a 3 invested in that unit.


Looked like Reese invested a 1, 2 and 3 in that unit.

They stopped the run but couldnít collapse the pocket at all.
The defense lost the game  
Mike from Ohio : 9/9/2019 7:26 am : link
But the reason for that is obvious. There is no talent on that side of the ball. Some of the rookies may grow into players, but right now they are not competing at an NFL level.

The criticism of the offense is because for some reason they limited the touches of the only real playmaker they have. Whether that was by design, or reaction to game circumstances, it has to be fixed. Sometimes you just need to out the ball in SBís hands regardless of what the defense is showing.
RE: It was not the fault of the offense  
Rflairr : 9/9/2019 7:35 am : link
In comment 14567202 cjac said:
Quote:
although some of the play calls were headscratching

What is really bothering me is that Eli Manning should not be on this team anymore. Its clear the Giants are not going to win the SB this year and when you know that going in you need to build for the future. Daniel Jones needs to play, take his rookie lumps, and prepare for the future.


10 points
RE: ...  
sb from NYT Forum : 9/9/2019 7:55 am : link
In comment 14566649 christian said:
Quote:
The myth Gettleman hasn't invested in the pass rush is completely silly:

- 2018 66th pick - Lorenzo Carter
- 2018 69th pick - BJ Hill
- 2019 17th pick - Dexter Lawrence
- 2019 95th pick - Oshane Ximines

The Giants have spent 4 top 100 picks on lineman or rushers in the last 2 years.

The Giants have spent 2 top 100 picks on secondary players (Beal and Love).

It's a super young defense and it's completely unsurprising they are struggling.


Lawrence will be a great player but pass rush is not his specialty. Likewise Hill, a DT in college. So really 2 third round picks on pass rushers.

And Gettleman also spent a first rounder on a DB last year also, and traded up to get him. So three picks (Baker, Beal, Loave) plus a 4th and 5th rounder on DBs.
Giants-Cowboys  
johnboyw : 9/9/2019 8:26 am : link
A horrible start. Looked like Keystone Kops on defense. We're absolutely humiliated by Jerry's boys.

I never liked the selection of Pat Shurmer from the beginning and I like it less now. He looks clueless. Not head coaching timber IMO. And Bettcher is even worse. His defenses have been disorganized at best. Personally, I think he's a myth.

And one final comment. Anyone thinking that Lorenzo Carter is going to be the pass rusher we need is dreaming. I predict he'll be gone in 2 year.
RE: They apparently ran 76%  
FatMan in Charlotte : 9/9/2019 8:31 am : link
In comment 14567193 Rflairr said:
Quote:
Of their plays out of the same set. Again no creativity to the offense. The same shit has continued from when McAdoo was here. Iím tired of these shitty ass coaching staffs. Keep getting our asses completely kicked by the Eagles and Cowboys. Completely Dominated by division rivals.


First off, it isn't the same "set". It is the same personnel formation. And you do realize that most NFL teams have that same percentage running plays out of a grouping, right? McAdoo ran out of the 11 formation 92% of the time - which was really high. Most teams are running out of a personnel package about 80% of the time.
RE: Unfortunately  
ColHowPepper : 9/9/2019 9:14 am : link
In comment 14566055 Matt in SGS said:
Quote:
Buffalo's offense stinks, so we should get a better view of the defense next week. ....A loss next week at home to Buffalo and this shit is gonna unravel fast.
Matt, I agree with most all of your post. Except: the Bills' rookie RB Singleterry (?) is small, quick, and powerful. He's going to eat the Giants' slow-moving and not so quick LBs alive. Jets game was game of two halves: Once Mosely went down, Jets' d could not contain.
All I can say for yesterday  
Carson53 : 9/9/2019 10:07 am : link
New season, same old Giants, what a secondary huh?
They sign a 35 year old safety to go with Peppers, geez.
That rookie CB (Baker), had a rude awakening to the NFL.

I bailed at 35-10, put the RZ, lot of close endings in 1PM games.
Man, that was brutal!  
Grey Pilgrim : 9/9/2019 11:36 am : link
Ouch!

:sad:
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: I'm really not sure why people are killing the offense  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/9/2019 2:37 pm : link
In comment 14566964 lax counsel said:
Quote:
Did you see anything today to indicate the Giants are close to contending?


If you thought they were remotely close to "contending" before you turned on your television yesterday, that's a you issue.

Considering that their average starting field position for their first 6 drives was their own 21 yard-line, I'd say the yards do matter. Considering they were playing what's supposed to be an elite defense, the yards do matter. Obviously, they have to score more than 10 points over those 6 drives. (They probably do if not for 2 horrendous calls by officials.) However, to say they scored 10 points so the offense just sucked is reductive, at best.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner