Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

So ESPN was right with the rankng

cjac : 9/8/2019 8:04 pm
And you all argued with me when I said putting us at the 31 in the NFL was the right thing to do.

The only team that was worse was Miami.

I’ll keep saying it. The Giants are a bad team until they start winning. When is that gonna be?
Next week.  
Eli Wilson : 9/8/2019 8:06 pm : link
..
Only reason people can’t see it  
Oscar : 9/8/2019 8:07 pm : link
Is because we are in the Giants bubble around here, it warps your perspective on things. Around the league among other fans or people in the media it’s obvious the Giants are poorly run and one of the worst teams in the NFL - and have been for a few years now. It’s also obvious Eli is finished and has been for a while now.
RE: Only reason people can’t see it  
BestFeature : 9/8/2019 8:08 pm : link
In comment 14566188 Oscar said:
Quote:
Is because we are in the Giants bubble around here, it warps your perspective on things. Around the league among other fans or people in the media it’s obvious the Giants are poorly run and one of the worst teams in the NFL - and have been for a few years now. It’s also obvious Eli is finished and has been for a while now.


"Around the league" means nothing. As if the opinions of random fans around the NFL means something. Maybe in this instance they're right, doesn't mean shit though.
Its only 1 game  
lecky : 9/8/2019 8:08 pm : link
and we did run into a team that had everything going for them. 2 guys looking to extend a contract, the 2nd best running back in football to the rescue. Our best receiver on the sideline. Unfortunately our coaches should have taken the day off. They are awful. 15 and 35 as a coach. And the D coordinator doesnt have a clue. Waited a long time for this game. Barkley with 11 carries.
There's always  
CT Charlie : 9/8/2019 8:11 pm : link
next week.
It’s still a good, informal indicator  
Oscar : 9/8/2019 8:12 pm : link
If I walked into a bar this afternoon and asked people what they thought of the Jets or the Raiders, most people would say “oh they suck”. Same answer for the Giants. Obviously it’s not scientific my point is the Giants are a team that nobody even has to think about, the consensus is they suck as they have for years.

Judging by today the crowd is right.
RE: Its only 1 game  
loafin : 9/8/2019 8:13 pm : link
In comment 14566197 lecky said:
Quote:
and we did run into a team that had everything going for them. 2 guys looking to extend a contract, the 2nd best running back in football to the rescue. Our best receiver on the sideline. Unfortunately our coaches should have taken the day off. They are awful. 15 and 35 as a coach. And the D coordinator doesnt have a clue. Waited a long time for this game. Barkley with 11 carries.


Agree on the defense. You can't have a scheme if you don't teach the players. If you look at the highlights of every touchdown the Cowboys scored the defensive player(s) that got burned were looking into the backfield! I cannot believe how we give the TE a free release!!
I still expect this team to go 7-9  
justafan : 9/8/2019 8:24 pm : link
nothing I saw today changed that. Dallas was always going to win this game, with or without Zeke. Everything else lined up:

- No pass rush
- Improved Offensive line.
- No receivers

The only surprises were:

- How bad the secondary was
- How bad Shurmur was with the play calling. Earth to Shurmur, you have the best RB in the league.
Everyone shouldn’t be so surprised at this result  
MM_in_NYC : 9/8/2019 8:27 pm : link
Many people here are just way too irrational and subjective when it comes to Giants self eval.

I’ve been telling everyone all off season we’re going to be horrible this year but barely anyone wanted to believe it.

Well here’s your cold dose of reality... catch up and do better next time
The ranking doesn't surprise me...  
anon837 : 9/8/2019 8:37 pm : link
Nor did the outcome of this first game. When you lack an identity and don't do ONE thing well, this is what you will have. That D will be the death of this team. I predicted 6 and 10 for the year. Maybe that is too high.
RE: Everyone shouldn’t be so surprised at this result  
lecky : 9/8/2019 8:40 pm : link
In comment 14566293 MM_in_NYC said:
Quote:
Many people here are just way too irrational and subjective when it comes to Giants self eval.

I’ve been telling everyone all off season we’re going to be horrible this year but barely anyone wanted to believe it.

Well here’s your cold dose of reality... catch up and do better next time


Lets wait until game 5 before we bury them. That was a tough situation for them to come in with all these new players. I agree the D sucked and Eli is done, but I will wait a few more games before I give up
RE: The ranking doesn't surprise me...  
MM_in_NYC : 9/8/2019 8:44 pm : link
In comment 14566364 anon837 said:
Quote:
Nor did the outcome of this first game. When you lack an identity and don't do ONE thing well, this is what you will have. That D will be the death of this team. I predicted 6 and 10 for the year. Maybe that is too high.


It is too high. But you never know how some games can turn out. Too many people on this site wanted to assume that breaks will go Giants way and elevate them. This is a 4 win team. Our D is that bad. And our O is deficient. Yes they will get better. And so will other people's O and D. We don't get better in a vacuum.

I'd be very happy to be wrong... lest so many people on this site who confuse those putting forth non rosy perspectives decide to jump in and say something silly
RE: RE: Everyone shouldn’t be so surprised at this result  
MM_in_NYC : 9/8/2019 8:45 pm : link
In comment 14566385 lecky said:
Quote:


Lets wait until game 5 before we bury them. That was a tough situation for them to come in with all these new players. I agree the D sucked and Eli is done, but I will wait a few more games before I give up


Give up on what exactly? Super Bowl?
RE: RE: RE: Everyone shouldn’t be so surprised at this result  
MM_in_NYC : 9/8/2019 8:49 pm : link
In comment 14566414 MM_in_NYC said:
Quote:
In comment 14566385 lecky said:


Quote:




Lets wait until game 5 before we bury them. That was a tough situation for them to come in with all these new players. I agree the D sucked and Eli is done, but I will wait a few more games before I give up



Give up on what exactly? Super Bowl?


And before I can see your reply let me add / re-clarify what my position is:

This season is not a waste and we have a lot of reasons to look forward to watching Giants games. I look forward to watching Barkley. I look forward to development of young players. I look forward to flashes of what will happen in the future.

I am excited for the future and to watch games this year.

I am not expecting to win that much this year.

And I think the faster other's set the right expectations with themselves the happier everyone will be.
I thought this team would win 5-7 games  
BestFeature : 9/8/2019 8:51 pm : link
But I wasn't expecting this D to be THIS bad and our couch to be this brain dead. On the plus side, I liked our line, receivers were pretty good, and Barkley looked good.
I was hoping for a Rangers of last year type year  
BestFeature : 9/8/2019 8:52 pm : link
A team that plays hard and is competitive almost all games and gives me some entertainment. I got none of that today honestly, so I'm concerned.
So after today  
Jay on the Island : 9/8/2019 8:53 pm : link
You think the Giants are worse than the Jets, Buffalo, Arizona, Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, and Atlanta?
Cjac .... when we finish 15-1  
short lease : 9/8/2019 8:54 pm : link

I am going to laugh in your face.
RE: So after today  
The_Boss : 9/8/2019 9:01 pm : link
In comment 14566454 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
You think the Giants are worse than the Jets, Buffalo, Arizona, Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, and Atlanta?


Jets: Yes
Bills: Yes
Arizona: No
Tampa: No
Atlanta: Yes
We’re really going there after one game?  
djm : 9/8/2019 9:28 pm : link
.
Giants cannot win  
thrunthrublue : 9/8/2019 9:32 pm : link
With a loser, sad sack head coach, who hires all loser coaches. 2 and 14, until shurmer gets fired, and the giants get a defense. A big waste of Barkley’s talents and prime.
RE: So after today  
justafan : 9/8/2019 10:56 pm : link
In comment 14566454 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
You think the Giants are worse than the Jets, Buffalo, Arizona, Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, and Atlanta?


Cincy played Seattle tough on the road today.
RE: We’re really going there after one game?  
Tesla : 9/9/2019 12:19 am : link
In comment 14566611 djm said:
Quote:
.


How about the last 33 games? In which we are 8-25.
I didn't argue  
Joey in VA : 9/9/2019 12:22 am : link
I laid out exactly why it was right and I predicted 34-13 so myah.
The Giants are better than 31  
AcesUp : 9/9/2019 12:25 am : link
I think this is the best team we've had in the last 3 years and today hasn't changed that. We're a non-threat on O and D that will get rolled by teams with good line play and vet QBs. We'll steal a game or two from better teams without those things and we'll beat less talented teams...and there are 4-5 of those on the schedule.
RE: We’re really going there after one game?  
John In CO : 9/9/2019 12:33 am : link
In comment 14566611 djm said:
Quote:
.


Around here every game is a season. Play like they did today: fire everyone, cut everyone, season is over.

Win next week: we are back, I knew last week was an aberration, how about that Eli, he still has it! Shurmur shows promise!.

Lose the next week: repeat step 1.

I actually saw someone say that the Giants have a historically bad defense. After ONE game.

This place is very entertaining, and the majority of posters are very knowledgeable, but the overreactions to every single game border on the insane. ITS WEEK ONE!!! Are the Steelers gonna fire Tomlin and bench BR because of their performance tonight? Should the Jets bench Darnold? And obviously TN is headed for the Super Bowl, just like the Jets were after dominating the Lions in week 1 last year. And I guess the Saints should have fired their coach after losing to the Bucs in week one last year, huh?

Fact is we got a ton of rookies and otherwise young players out there, including a damn near brand new secondary AND new secondary coach. And as much as we all hate to admit it, Dallas aint bad. We would all love them to be, but they aint. Its gonna take a few more games to get a read on this team and these young guys. Declaring draft picks a bust after one bad game is just idiotic. Can they learn from their mistakes and improve? Remains to be seen.
Maybe the media does't have an anti-Giant bias...  
Tesla : 9/9/2019 1:01 am : link
maybe they have a much more objective and accurate view of what this team is. A team with a mediocre offense and a god awful defense.
Back to the Corner