Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Antonio Hamilton

FranknWeezer : 9/8/2019 9:15 pm
Oh my. That was a CC Brown level “performance.” Missed tackles,behind in coverage, no ball skills, lack of awareness, etc. So,so bad. Could Ballentine be that raw that he’d be worse? Hamilton needs to move along.
Sucks  
jeff57 : 9/8/2019 9:15 pm : link
.
I don't care how bad Ballentine is now  
Matt M. : 9/8/2019 9:16 pm : link
Hamilton was terrible and should not play over promising rookies.
That performance was cut worthy  
LauderdaleMatty : 9/8/2019 9:17 pm : link
Sadly.
I could walk into work tomorrow and  
j_rud : 9/8/2019 9:18 pm : link
shit on thr floor, call my boss an asshole, and punch a client in the dick...

and Ill still have had a better day at the office than Antonio Hamilton did today.
Getting bitch-slapped  
gmenatlarge : 9/8/2019 9:18 pm : link
By Cobb was humiliating.
Playing the slot is a completely different position  
robbieballs2003 : 9/8/2019 9:18 pm : link
than playing outside corner so, while I have no idea how Ballentine would do in the slot, he has never practiced there so he isn't playing there. If any name should have been brought up I would say Love.
DeAndre Baker wasn't all that great either  
gidiefor : Mod : 9/8/2019 9:18 pm : link
..
I feel like NFL coaches overthink it sometimes  
Breeze_94 : 9/8/2019 9:19 pm : link
Play the guy who has been in the league 3-4 years as a ST/Camp body because he's "experienced"

In reality, Hamilton has played minimal snaps on defense in his career. He is a career special teamer at BEST. He is by no means experienced.

Play the better player, bottomline. And if they all suck, play the young guy who at least has a chance to improve. Antonio Hamilton is not the answer and never will be.

Baker got his ass burned...  
M.S. : 9/8/2019 9:20 pm : link

...on at least two bombs, one for a TD.

Not pretty.

Only thing uglier was our pass rush and the middle of the field and I am not talking about 10 or 15 fucking yards over the middle. I mean 50 yards over the middle.
He was lost  
Giants86 : 9/8/2019 9:20 pm : link
Baker was bad also.

Need better play at corner.

We lack talent there.
He is a good special teamer, much like Stupar was.  
John In CO : 9/8/2019 9:21 pm : link
And, again like Stupar, thats as far as it goes. He should not be on the field other than special teams. What he was doing playing ahead of ANYONE else I have no idea.
Hamilton is awful  
Vanzetti : 9/8/2019 9:22 pm : link
Makes Curtis Riley look like Ronnie Lott

Thomas is worthless as well

And Baker looks slow. Maybe that 40 time did mean something
Peppers MIA  
GiantEgo : 9/8/2019 9:26 pm : link
I don't recall seeing him or hearing his name.
Thought Hamilton  
Payasdaddy : 9/8/2019 9:27 pm : link
Tackling was like a child
Play Ballantine
Beal after 8 games
D didn’t even show up
Expect better next week
Bad enough getting  
section125 : 9/8/2019 9:29 pm : link
burned, but not making tackles singles him out as the worst player on the field with Bethea a close 2nd.
Yes, he sucked  
Bill in UT : 9/8/2019 9:29 pm : link
As did everyone in the secondary. Maybe Jackrabbit didn't suck quite as bad. How many coverages did our veteran safties blow?
Was Haley  
Bill in UT : 9/8/2019 9:31 pm : link
even on the field today? I didn't notice him doing anything
Peppers had 6 tackles and an assist,  
Simms11 : 9/8/2019 9:41 pm : link
Haley had 3 tackles and an assist. Now those tackles were probably downfield, but they made some. Coverage has to be tighter. Crossing patterns were not covered well at all. Defenses are going to continue to abuse us on those plays, unless we get it fixed. This is now on Bettcher to get these guys to improve and to put them in position to be successful. Maybe they’d be better off playing more man then zone. Prescott had it easy today, no pressure, short passes were easy as CBs were always playing off.
It's a shame the Giants don't employ more technology in  
jcn56 : 9/8/2019 9:41 pm : link
their scouting.

Because right now, they need a filter to ensure they never draft another cornerback with a last name of Hamilton ever again.
Baker was  
Giantophile : 9/8/2019 9:42 pm : link
playing his first NFL game as a rookie I think he will be fine. Rough debut for sure but he'll be a player.

Hamilton, on the other hand, should be cut before he boards the plane. I am rarely this reactionary but that was so damning in every way that it's clear he has no business on an NFL field.
I mean offenses not defenses abusing us.  
Simms11 : 9/8/2019 9:42 pm : link
Ugh
Hamilton looked like  
Br00klyn : 9/8/2019 9:51 pm : link
He had no idea how to make a tackle or cover his man. How he made it to the NFL is baffling. That was one of the worst performances I have ever seen
Hamilton  
uconngiant : 9/8/2019 10:04 pm : link
was just terrible and couldn't cover or tackle. Why is he there again?

Special teams is fine but nothing else or better yet let a more talented younger guy play instead
RE: Baker got his ass burned...  
DonQuixote : 9/8/2019 11:25 pm : link
In comment 14566577 M.S. said:
Quote:

...on at least two bombs, one for a TD.

Not pretty.

Only thing uglier was our pass rush and the middle of the field and I am not talking about 10 or 15 fucking yards over the middle. I mean 50 yards over the middle.


Not disputing this at all, but it is pretty harsh for a genuine talent in their first NFL game. There are a lot of NFL rookies that didn't light it up from day 1.

I am not sure what some of you expected.

Someone called him BW Webb  
McNally's_Nuts : 9/8/2019 11:27 pm : link
I highly disagree.BW Webb played pretty well last season for us.

Hamilton was CC Brown in a corners body. He got a lot of burn because Baker and Beal were both hurt.
RE: I feel like NFL coaches overthink it sometimes  
prdave73 : 9/9/2019 1:45 am : link
In comment 14566575 Breeze_94 said:
Quote:
Play the guy who has been in the league 3-4 years as a ST/Camp body because he's "experienced"

In reality, Hamilton has played minimal snaps on defense in his career. He is a career special teamer at BEST. He is by no means experienced.

Play the better player, bottomline. And if they all suck, play the young guy who at least has a chance to improve. Antonio Hamilton is not the answer and never will be.


Eactly!! Agree 100% Could not be said better!
'if they all suck, play the young guy with a chance to improve'  
Torrag : 9/9/2019 2:08 am : link
This. Hamilton has no business starting anything...ever. It should have been Ballantine from the get go.

Absolutely agree he was...  
Jooch : 9/9/2019 5:36 am : link
Friggin TERRIBLE! I was left wondering if the Giants secondary coaches even practice tackling...on a 3rd and 10 first half he has his man (Cobb maybe) broken down and all he has to do is form tackle...but nooo lemme go for his helmet and the top of his shoulder pads! 1st down Dallas! I mean WTF?!?! That is just a straight up lack of fundamentals and he's supposed to be a professional. His play literally made me turn the TV off for a bit.
He sucks so bad that  
St. Jimmy : 9/9/2019 5:54 am : link
Witten's shoelace got stuck in his vortex.
RE: RE: Baker got his ass burned...  
M.S. : 9/9/2019 6:55 am : link
In comment 14567005 DonQuixote said:
Quote:
In comment 14566577 M.S. said:


Quote:



...on at least two bombs, one for a TD.

Not pretty.

Only thing uglier was our pass rush and the middle of the field and I am not talking about 10 or 15 fucking yards over the middle. I mean 50 yards over the middle.



Not disputing this at all, but it is pretty harsh for a genuine talent in their first NFL game. There are a lot of NFL rookies that didn't light it up from day 1.

I am not sure what some of you expected.

I'm a huge Baker fan and was very glad to we drafted him. I think he'll be a very fine corner in this league, but his debut was a real beaut. Best just to forget it and move on!
Lack of talent is one thing  
RobCarpenter : 9/9/2019 7:35 am : link
But lack of hustle is another. On one play his man motions to the left at a sprint before the play and Hamilton jogs instead. By the time Hamilton gets into a sprint it’s too late and the WR (Cobb, I think) has tons of room and gets a nice gain on a pass in the flat.

At least Baker was sprinting when he was supposed to, and putting in max effort.
RE: Lack of talent is one thing  
FranknWeezer : 9/9/2019 9:31 am : link
In comment 14567244 RobCarpenter said:
Quote:
But lack of hustle is another. On one play his man motions to the left at a sprint before the play and Hamilton jogs instead. By the time Hamilton gets into a sprint it’s too late and the WR (Cobb, I think) has tons of room and gets a nice gain on a pass in the flat.

At least Baker was sprinting when he was supposed to, and putting in max effort.


Nice call on that motion play. Noticed the same thing. He’s gonna get lit up in the film room.
Back to the Corner