Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Saquons Speed Game 1

Clintqb17 : 9/9/2019 6:46 pm
21.76 mph on his 59 yard run. Fastest top speed in week 1. Man, I love the kid. Hopefully we don't waste his prime years.
How fast was the safety  
section125 : 9/9/2019 6:47 pm : link
that caught him going?
RE: How fast was the safety  
gmenatlarge : 9/9/2019 6:48 pm : link
In comment 14569151 section125 said:
Quote:
that caught him going?


He had the angle....
Ha  
crick n NC : 9/9/2019 6:48 pm : link
And we had one poster who was worried that Saquon wasn't as fast because he got caught by a db with an angle

Btw
Thanks for posting, I love stats like this. How fast was Eli running on his scramble? Lol
SB psyched and running on all cylinders?  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 9/9/2019 6:51 pm : link
Penny and Eli rollout - pat Sharmer
21.76?  
Greg from LI : 9/9/2019 6:51 pm : link
Pfft. He's no Bryce Hall.
Link - ( New Window )
RE: RE: How fast was the safety  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 9/9/2019 6:52 pm : link
In comment 14569154 gmenatlarge said:
Quote:
In comment 14569151 section125 said:


Quote:


that caught him going?



He had the angle....

Dude is a moron. Don't waste your time with him.
I like  
crick n NC : 9/9/2019 6:53 pm : link
Section. Pretty reasonable poster imo.
RE: Ha  
santacruzom : 9/9/2019 6:54 pm : link
In comment 14569156 crick n NC said:
Quote:

Thanks for posting, I love stats like this. How fast was Eli running on his scramble? Lol


21.76 kph.
RE: How fast was the safety  
weaverpsu : 9/9/2019 6:55 pm : link
In comment 14569151 section125 said:
Quote:
that caught him going?


That was Awuzie,not a safety, and he had the angle.
RE: RE: RE: How fast was the safety  
section125 : 9/9/2019 6:55 pm : link
In comment 14569165 Coach Red Beaulieu said:
Quote:
In comment 14569154 gmenatlarge said:


Quote:


In comment 14569151 section125 said:


Quote:


that caught him going?



He had the angle....


Dude is a moron. Don't waste your time with him.


Had the angle? Came from the hash marks and was behind..
Barkley's Run - ( New Window )
You must be watching  
weaverpsu : 9/9/2019 6:57 pm : link
a different play. Awuzie was ahead of him while Barkley was still turning the corner. It amazes me how people can see the same play and see two completely different things.
RE: RE: RE: RE: How fast was the safety  
UConn4523 : 9/9/2019 7:00 pm : link
In comment 14569174 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14569165 Coach Red Beaulieu said:


Quote:


In comment 14569154 gmenatlarge said:


Quote:


In comment 14569151 section125 said:


Quote:


that caught him going?



He had the angle....


Dude is a moron. Don't waste your time with him.



Had the angle? Came from the hash marks and was behind.. Barkley's Run - ( New Window )


Yeah you are wrong on this one. CB has a full head of steam and the angle and the other Cowboys player that was closer is what Barkley has to fend off which was his priority.

The MPH also says his speed wasn’t the issue.
RE: You must be watching  
section125 : 9/9/2019 7:01 pm : link
In comment 14569178 weaverpsu said:
Quote:
a different play. Awuzie was ahead of him while Barkley was still turning the corner. It amazes me how people can see the same play and see two completely different things.


Awuzie is 12/15 yards toward the middle of the field, I'll give you the two/three yards farther downfield, But he also had to turn and run while Barkley was at full speed. If you can't see him catch Barkley. I don't know what to tell you.
Awuzie  
M.S. : 9/9/2019 7:04 pm : link

Caught Saquon from behind.

P.E.R.I.O.D.
RE: RE: You must be watching  
weaverpsu : 9/9/2019 7:04 pm : link
In comment 14569187 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14569178 weaverpsu said:


Quote:


a different play. Awuzie was ahead of him while Barkley was still turning the corner. It amazes me how people can see the same play and see two completely different things.



Awuzie is 12/15 yards toward the middle of the field, I'll give you the two/three yards farther downfield, But he also had to turn and run while Barkley was at full speed. If you can't see him catch Barkley. I don't know what to tell you.


This is a stupid argument. Who cares? To me, he was a couple yards further downfield before Barkley even straightens out as he is still turning the corner. Agree to disagree. Barkley is a stud, we can agree on that.
And for the record  
weaverpsu : 9/9/2019 7:06 pm : link
Barkley has a faster 40 time between the two. So...that's interesting how a guy that is slower managed to run faster and catch a faster man on like the second play of the game.
Barkley started to lose speed right before he was tackled  
90.Cal : 9/9/2019 7:07 pm : link
The angle didnt matter when he was going 21+ MPH but it began to matter once Barkley started to lose speed.

Stop the nonsense.

End of the day Barkley is the best back we've seen in a long time. Barry Sanders esque for real.
RE: RE: RE: You must be watching  
section125 : 9/9/2019 7:08 pm : link
In comment 14569194 weaverpsu said:
Quote:
In comment 14569187 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 14569178 weaverpsu said:


Quote:


a different play. Awuzie was ahead of him while Barkley was still turning the corner. It amazes me how people can see the same play and see two completely different things.



Awuzie is 12/15 yards toward the middle of the field, I'll give you the two/three yards farther downfield, But he also had to turn and run while Barkley was at full speed. If you can't see him catch Barkley. I don't know what to tell you.



This is a stupid argument. Who cares? To me, he was a couple yards further downfield before Barkley even straightens out as he is still turning the corner. Agree to disagree. Barkley is a stud, we can agree on that.


I'm not doubting Barkley's speed. Guy is super fast especially at 235. I was surprised he was caught

What I like most  
weaverpsu : 9/9/2019 7:12 pm : link
is that he is upset afterwards. Either about being caught or the previous fumble.
I'm with section  
Jimmy Googs : 9/9/2019 7:15 pm : link
He was kind of caught from behind and it shocked me. That Cowboy was going all out and did a great job of hustling otherwise thats a touchdown.

I think SB was even surprised himself...
It wasn't exactly from behind (a bit of an angle)  
Jimmy Googs : 9/9/2019 7:19 pm : link
but still surprised at he was caught nonetheless.

See...he's already aging before our very eyes. Wasting away.

:-)
If you watch the replay as Barkley hits the second level  
BSIMatt : 9/9/2019 8:13 pm : link
Heath is running at him and Barkley has to angle towards the sideline meanwhile 24 is in his angle of pursuit and he took a good angle. Was impressive by Awuzie nonetheless, but it wasn’t like it was in front of awuzie and awuzie closed on him.
RE: Ha  
Motley Two : 9/9/2019 8:47 pm : link
In comment 14569156 crick n NC said:
Quote:
And we had one poster who was worried that Saquon wasn't as fast because he got caught by a db with an angle

Btw
Thanks for posting, I love stats like this. How fast was Eli running on his scramble? Lol


4 um...speed
Oh don't forget he is running downhill chasing Barkley  
Bluesbreaker : 9/9/2019 9:37 pm : link
From the crown in the center of the field ...OMG
Some of you guys are remarkably stupid besides
Barkley being 230 lbs senseless point
& Shurmur, for some  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 9/9/2019 9:38 pm : link
inexplicable reason, doesn't give him the rock on 3rd & 2. No, let's give to Eli Penny...
Meh  
BestFeature : 9/9/2019 9:45 pm : link
-Pat Shurmur
A few things here  
Breeze_94 : 9/9/2019 9:57 pm : link
1. DB had the angle. If you don't understand this, then you aren't worth arguing with. It's football 101 (except for the Giants defense apparently)

2. Awuzie is a 4.43 guy officially but this is not a 40 yard dash, it's more like a 100 yard dash. 40 measures acceleration more than it does "5th gear" So he may be even faster in a longer sprint than the 40 time suggests

3. Saquon weighs 233 lbs and was also carrying the ball

21.8 mph is flying, whether he got caught or not.
You guys do realize  
Tesla : 9/9/2019 10:08 pm : link
that running the ball slows you down, right? The key is Barkley blew right past the safety who was unblocked.
The real question is,  
prdave73 : 9/9/2019 10:54 pm : link
why wasn't he given the ball more?!? Stupid Shurmur..
RE: If you watch the replay as Barkley hits the second level  
Nine-Tails : 9/9/2019 11:17 pm : link
In comment 14569312 BSIMatt said:
Quote:
Heath is running at him and Barkley has to angle towards the sideline meanwhile 24 is in his angle of pursuit and he took a good angle. Was impressive by Awuzie nonetheless, but it wasn’t like it was in front of awuzie and awuzie closed on him.


Yep, this is exactly what happened
Can't possibly have been the top speed in week 1  
Leg of Theismann : 9/10/2019 12:09 am : link
He's only a 91 speed rating in Madden, so I know for a fact he can't be the fastest player ;)
Wasn't like Henry Carr running down Bob Hayes ...  
Bluesbreaker : 9/10/2019 12:17 am : link
....
What the heck was wrong...  
RickInCharlotte : 9/10/2019 7:18 am : link
with Saquon's equipment? Felt like he was on the sideline like a boxer between rounds getting his gloves worked on too many times.
Just saw this  
fanatic II : 9/10/2019 4:53 pm : link
On next gen stats Barkley was clocked at 21.76 mph, fastest for a ball carrier last week, and got caught by Awuize.

Turns out Awuize was clocked at 22.81 mph, the fastest by any player since 2017.

Cut Barkley some slack, Awuize was really moving on that play.
Awuzie ran a 4.43...  
bw in dc : 9/10/2019 5:30 pm : link
at the Combine. So he can certainly move.
Saquon was probably breathing out of the wrong fuk'n  
Jimmy Googs : 9/10/2019 7:47 pm : link
eyelid again like the lava lizards of the Galapagos Islands...
RE: RE: Ha  
giants#1 : 9/10/2019 8:44 pm : link
In comment 14569170 santacruzom said:
Quote:
In comment 14569156 crick n NC said:


Quote:



Thanks for posting, I love stats like this. How fast was Eli running on his scramble? Lol



21.76 fph.


FIFY
Back to the Corner