Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

MNF Browns @ Jets

DC Gmen Fan : 9/16/2019 8:17 pm
And go
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: The return  
chuckydee9 : 9/16/2019 10:39 pm : link
In comment 14581690 MookGiants said:
Quote:
we got for Beckham was less than ideal.

Run stuffer, a guard who is decent and a safety who quite frankly isn't any good.

Coming out of that trade without a good player at a premium position is a disaster.


Its a pro-bowl level guard.. but then again we had him for only Vernon.. so the trade was really shouldn't include him.. now you know why the trade was horrible..
RE: RE: Where are the people that said Odell lost his explosion  
cokeduplt : 9/16/2019 10:40 pm : link
In comment 14581724 Nine-Tails said:
Quote:
In comment 14581676 Zeke's Alibi said:


Quote:


Delusional.



His straight line speed seemed the same to me as always even last year, but his shiftiness looked less


I still think he has. There wasnít anyone near him on that play
Peak BBI is making fun of how Odell  
ron mexico : 9/16/2019 10:42 pm : link
Achieves a 90 yd TD
Giants still won that trade  
micky : 9/16/2019 10:42 pm : link
They got "nice, model citizen" guys on team now.
That Beckham guy sucks.  
Dave in Hoboken : 9/16/2019 10:42 pm : link
.
RE: RE: Gotta admit  
section125 : 9/16/2019 10:42 pm : link
In comment 14581721 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
In comment 14581702 santacruzom said:


Quote:


He looks a lot more credible without that dumb hair style.



Nice racist remarks.


You are an ignorant buffoon. You haven't a clue as to what is racist.
So if I say I like his old hair style, does that make me a racist?
People bandy about racist as if it means nothing, which is exactly what you are making it if you use it as a dig or a reason to gain moral superiority.
So much  
bc4life : 9/16/2019 10:43 pm : link
For the heís lost a step theory
RE: RE: Well, the Browns look more like the Browns that were hyped.  
bubba0825 : 9/16/2019 10:43 pm : link
In comment 14581739 justafan said:
Quote:
In comment 14581712 81_Great_Dane said:


Quote:


And the Jets look about what you'd expect from a team down to its 3rd QB.



Different game if Darnold is in there. That Jets defense played well, but TOP has got to be heavily skewed towards Cleveland.


The jets d is gassed. I donít think the browns look good at all. The jets o tonight is remarkably undermanned
RE: RE: Gotta admit  
sb2003 : 9/16/2019 10:44 pm : link
In comment 14581721 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
In comment 14581702 santacruzom said:


Quote:


He looks a lot more credible without that dumb hair style.





Nice racist remarks.


Is BBI Twitter now with the loony comments?
Not racism  
bc4life : 9/16/2019 10:44 pm : link
Possibly borderline old fogeyism
RE: RE: RE: Well, the Browns look more like the Browns that were hyped.  
justafan : 9/16/2019 10:47 pm : link
In comment 14581760 bubba0825 said:
Quote:
In comment 14581739 justafan said:


Quote:


In comment 14581712 81_Great_Dane said:


Quote:


And the Jets look about what you'd expect from a team down to its 3rd QB.



Different game if Darnold is in there. That Jets defense played well, but TOP has got to be heavily skewed towards Cleveland.



The jets d is gassed. I donít think the browns look good at all. The jets o tonight is remarkably undermanned


Yep, thats what I was saying.
a lot of reactionary jilted  
madgiantscow009 : 9/16/2019 10:49 pm : link
lovers in here.
RE: RE: The return  
MookGiants : 9/16/2019 10:50 pm : link
In comment 14581706 halfback20 said:
Quote:
In comment 14581690 MookGiants said:


Quote:


we got for Beckham was less than ideal.

Run stuffer, a guard who is decent and a safety who quite frankly isn't any good.

Coming out of that trade without a good player at a premium position is a disaster.



Werent we getting Zeitler for Vernon anyway?

So really we traded him for a safety and nose tackle.


Good point. Remarkably bad trade. Peppers is average and that might be kind. Lawrence will be solid but just won't impact games nearly enough to justify that trade.

People are still talking about OBJ's hair?  
Motley Two : 9/16/2019 10:50 pm : link
Sorry but we are living in a Cam Newton's head scarf world now.

RE: RE: RE: Gotta admit  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 9/16/2019 10:50 pm : link
In comment 14581755 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14581721 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14581702 santacruzom said:


Quote:


He looks a lot more credible without that dumb hair style.



Nice racist remarks.



You are an ignorant buffoon. You haven't a clue as to what is racist.
So if I say I like his old hair style, does that make me a racist?
People bandy about racist as if it means nothing, which is exactly what you are making it if you use it as a dig or a reason to gain moral superiority.


Haha you got be kidding me with this crap. Itís such a micro aggression. Half the reason OBJ isnít on this team is because of the old racists who ran him out of town for being a flamboyant African American.
Wow  
crick n NC : 9/16/2019 10:51 pm : link
.
What's the record for picks in a season?  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/16/2019 10:52 pm : link
My friend BM wants to know.
RE: Peak BBI is making fun of how Odell  
santacruzom : 9/16/2019 10:53 pm : link
In comment 14581752 ron mexico said:
Quote:
Achieves a 90 yd TD


Peak BBI also got infuriated by Cris Carter when he dared to question whether a Jones TD pass would have succeeded against had their top flight safety been in the game.
for better or for worse, gettleman  
japanhead : 9/16/2019 10:54 pm : link
traded him for peppers, a rookie DT, and a rookie pass rusher, traded all the rest of the vet talent on the team sans jenkins, and is going to get after it next year when the cap is looking better, and attempt to build through the draft. it's not flashy, but beckham had to go, esp if he was dogging it the last 4 games and told shurmur to go fuck himself or whatever. live with it. the browns will implode when they play better teams. jets are one of the worst teams in the league.
Hey  
crick n NC : 9/16/2019 10:54 pm : link
Jerry Reese was racist for trading Shockey,a flamboyant white guy!
I officially read micro aggression that wasn't used as a joke  
Zeke's Alibi : 9/16/2019 10:54 pm : link
On a BBI game thread. Lighten up Francis.
.  
sb2003 : 9/16/2019 10:55 pm : link
someone here needs a safe space.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Gotta admit  
madgiantscow009 : 9/16/2019 10:56 pm : link
In comment 14581786 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
In comment 14581755 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 14581721 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14581702 santacruzom said:


Quote:


He looks a lot more credible without that dumb hair style.



Nice racist remarks.



You are an ignorant buffoon. You haven't a clue as to what is racist.
So if I say I like his old hair style, does that make me a racist?
People bandy about racist as if it means nothing, which is exactly what you are making it if you use it as a dig or a reason to gain moral superiority.



Haha you got be kidding me with this crap. Itís such a micro aggression. Half the reason OBJ isnít on this team is because of the old racists who ran him out of town for being a flamboyant African American.


Rupaul never fought a kicking net.
RE: for better or for worse, gettleman  
cokeduplt : 9/16/2019 10:56 pm : link
In comment 14581797 japanhead said:
Quote:
traded him for peppers, a rookie DT, and a rookie pass rusher, traded all the rest of the vet talent on the team sans jenkins, and is going to get after it next year when the cap is looking better, and attempt to build through the draft. it's not flashy, but beckham had to go, esp if he was dogging it the last 4 games and told shurmur to go fuck himself or whatever. live with it. the browns will implode when they play better teams. jets are one of the worst teams in the league.


Racist you just canít deal with a flamboyant African American!!!!!!!!

Fuck it sucks being a giants fan right now.
LeVeon's Bell gets rung.  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/16/2019 10:57 pm : link
Darn Jets.
RE: RE: RE: Where are the people that said Odell lost his explosion  
Nine-Tails : 9/16/2019 10:57 pm : link
In comment 14581746 cokeduplt said:
Quote:
In comment 14581724 Nine-Tails said:


Quote:


In comment 14581676 Zeke's Alibi said:


Quote:


Delusional.



His straight line speed seemed the same to me as always even last year, but his shiftiness looked less



I still think he has. There wasnít anyone near him on that play


His top speed on this run was 21 mph, maybe even a little higher, matching or close to his speed on the slant he took to the house against Dallas 3 years ago
RE: for better or for worse, gettleman  
santacruzom : 9/16/2019 11:01 pm : link
In comment 14581797 japanhead said:
Quote:
traded him for peppers, a rookie DT, and a rookie pass rusher, traded all the rest of the vet talent on the team sans jenkins, and is going to get after it next year when the cap is looking better, and attempt to build through the draft. it's not flashy, but beckham had to go, esp if he was dogging it the last 4 games and told shurmur to go fuck himself or whatever. live with it. the browns will implode when they play better teams. jets are one of the worst teams in the league.


I do kind of wish Shurmur would go fuck himself or whatever tho.
21.70 mph top speed on that td  
Nine-Tails : 9/16/2019 11:05 pm : link
Highest for a scoring play in the NFL this year, so yeah heís still fast
The state of pro football in NYC  
Mr. Bungle : 9/16/2019 11:09 pm : link
is absolutely awful.

It's looking like three years in a row both teams will pick in the top 6. Just awful.
RE: 21.70 mph top speed on that td  
Gmen703 : 9/16/2019 11:11 pm : link
In comment 14581831 Nine-Tails said:
Quote:
Highest for a scoring play in the NFL this year, so yeah heís still fast


But, but, we got 2 first rounders...
It isn't about the top speed, it's about the cutting. He did it last  
Zeke's Alibi : 9/16/2019 11:11 pm : link
week in week 1 and again this week. He's completely healed, which isn't a surprise.
RE: The state of pro football in NYC  
Nine-Tails : 9/16/2019 11:12 pm : link
In comment 14581837 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
is absolutely awful.

It's looking like three years in a row both teams will pick in the top 6. Just awful.


Agree, both teams are a huge mess.
RE: The state of pro football in NYC  
justafan : 9/16/2019 11:12 pm : link
In comment 14581837 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
is absolutely awful.

It's looking like three years in a row both teams will pick in the top 6. Just awful.


Buffalo record at Metlife 2-0

Giants + Jets record at Metlife 0-3.
RE: It isn't about the top speed, it's about the cutting. He did it last  
Nine-Tails : 9/16/2019 11:14 pm : link
In comment 14581846 Zeke's Alibi said:
Quote:
week in week 1 and again this week. He's completely healed, which isn't a surprise.


Agree, his straight line speed looks great and did to me last year. His change of direction was not the same last year. He looks like heís fully back
Yup, 20pt lead, less than 2 min  
ChaChing : 9/16/2019 11:14 pm : link
might as well have your star QB drop back, sling it and get hit again. Are some of these coaches idiots?
RE: Yup, 20pt lead, less than 2 min  
Everyone Relax : 9/16/2019 11:19 pm : link
In comment 14581856 ChaChing said:
Quote:
might as well have your star QB drop back, sling it and get hit again. Are some of these coaches idiots?


Browns were so badly trying to run up the score but couldnít
If that's the case I say it again...  
ChaChing : 9/16/2019 11:25 pm : link
Not saying you're wrong (no idea) but why you'd feel the need to run up the score on the Fn Jets when you yourself are a shit team (it seems). Cuz of Williams? Are these guys THAT big ego maniacs? (yes, but I mean to put your players in harms way for that...how do FOs let that stupidity slide?). This would be worse in my book!
BBI Proposal - moratorium on calling other teams shit teams  
jcn56 : 9/16/2019 11:40 pm : link
at least until the Giants prove they can win a game this season.

Right now, with the way they're playing - with the possible exception of Miami, most teams would probably have no trouble beating the Giants.
Just because the Giants are shit doesn't mean other teams aren't  
ChaChing : 9/16/2019 11:43 pm : link
Doesn't have to be a direct comp at all times. Cle looks awful. Jets look worse. Both look like shit overall so far...
RE: 21.70 mph top speed on that td  
cokeduplt : 9/16/2019 11:58 pm : link
In comment 14581831 Nine-Tails said:
Quote:
Highest for a scoring play in the NFL this year, so yeah heís still fast


Guess your right. Just beyond depressed with this giants team right now
We donít need  
Les in TO : 9/17/2019 5:41 am : link
Talent. Culture eats talent for breakfast. Hip hip hooray
RE: Just because the Giants are shit doesn't mean other teams aren't  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/17/2019 7:09 am : link
In comment 14581889 ChaChing said:
Quote:
Doesn't have to be a direct comp at all times. Cle looks awful. Jets look worse. Both look like shit overall so far...


Sign me up for Cleveland's defense if that's "looking like shit".

RE: We donít need  
crick n NC : 9/17/2019 7:22 am : link
In comment 14581971 Les in TO said:
Quote:
Talent. Culture eats talent for breakfast. Hip hip hooray


Why do you not get that perhaps you need both? But, then again you just want to argue while avoiding any common ground.
RE: RE: Just because the Giants are shit doesn't mean other teams aren't  
Chris684 : 9/17/2019 7:58 am : link
In comment 14582010 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 14581889 ChaChing said:


Quote:


Doesn't have to be a direct comp at all times. Cle looks awful. Jets look worse. Both look like shit overall so far...



Sign me up for Cleveland's defense if that's "looking like shit".


Talk to us in 5 weeks!
Man, I'm loving what DG is doing!  
Greg from LI : 9/17/2019 8:02 am : link
Genius plan. CULTURE!
RE: Man, I'm loving what DG is doing!  
Chris684 : 9/17/2019 8:05 am : link
In comment 14582044 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Genius plan. CULTURE!


Get some new material! You're not funny or smart.
RE: RE: We donít need  
Les in TO : 9/17/2019 8:23 am : link
In comment 14582022 crick n NC said:
Quote:
In comment 14581971 Les in TO said:


Quote:


Talent. Culture eats talent for breakfast. Hip hip hooray



Why do you not get that perhaps you need both? But, then again you just want to argue while avoiding any common ground.
you need both. And thats why trading away a proven elite receiver who is tailor made for a WCO for an unproven safety and draft picks was ridiculous. Part of Chairman Gettyís Cultural Revolution
RE: RE: RE: We donít need  
crick n NC : 9/17/2019 8:33 am : link
In comment 14582068 Les in TO said:
Quote:
In comment 14582022 crick n NC said:


Quote:


In comment 14581971 Les in TO said:


Quote:


Talent. Culture eats talent for breakfast. Hip hip hooray



Why do you not get that perhaps you need both? But, then again you just want to argue while avoiding any common ground.

you need both. And thats why trading away a proven elite receiver who is tailor made for a WCO for an unproven safety and draft picks was ridiculous. Part of Chairman Gettyís Cultural Revolution


And perhaps he wasn't a good fit for the team as talented as he is. Isn't that a possibility, just like it's a possibility that Gettleman was wrong? What is the good of our thoughts always using a one way street? I don't have any problems with thought out opinions, but to have a thought out opinion requires that we honestly believe that what we are expressing could be missing valuable information that would ultimately affect our thinking if we are willing to set pride aside and admit we didn't know what we thought.
RE: RE: Just because the Giants are shit doesn't mean other teams aren't  
ChaChing : 9/17/2019 10:57 am : link
In comment 14582010 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 14581889 ChaChing said:
Quote:
Doesn't have to be a direct comp at all times. Cle looks awful. Jets look worse. Both look like shit overall so far...


Sign me up for Cleveland's defense if that's "looking like shit".

Playing both the Jets AND w/ their 3rd string QB? I mean sure, the DL put up numbers. And yes MGarrett is the shit. But that looked like pro blocking from the Jets?

And fine the D was ok, if beating that JV sqaud is newsworthy. Cle is still shit 2 weeks in so far, even w/ the talent, hype etc. Again maybe they pull out but that wasn't well played football, either team for the most part
And tough to credit a D  
ChaChing : 9/17/2019 10:58 am : link
against an O like that...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner