Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

No lie... my son's Eli Manning jersey just arrived

Eric from BBI : Admin : 9/17/2019 11:30 am
I told him what was coming and he didn't care.

Go Giants!
your son can wear that  
ECham : 9/17/2019 11:30 am : link
jersey proudly for one of the great players in Giants history
My son still wears...  
Chris in Philly : 9/17/2019 11:31 am : link
his Eli and his OBJ and his JPP. He's 10, he doesn't mind...
I will now have my Eli  
Chef : 9/17/2019 11:32 am : link
Superbowl Jersey framed..
Your son  
BBelle21 : 9/17/2019 11:32 am : link
is a real sweetheart. Loyal to the core 😊
My daughter still wears  
section125 : 9/17/2019 11:32 am : link
her Tiki and VC jerseys.....
RE: your son can wear that  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 9/17/2019 11:32 am : link
In comment 14582896 ECham said:
Quote:
jersey proudly for one of the great players in Giants history


Amen to that!
Well now its a  
Jay on the Island : 9/17/2019 11:33 am : link
Throwback jersey.
I will be happier wearing my Eli jersey now  
DavidinBMNY : 9/17/2019 11:34 am : link
Celebrate the past glory, not the current losing.
Always safe to buy a Giants legend  
widmerseyebrow : 9/17/2019 11:36 am : link
Who the hell knows if Saquon will be here in 5 years? We didn't think the Beckham thing would play out the way it did when he was a rookie.
.  
arcarsenal : 9/17/2019 11:38 am : link
He should wear it proudly for as long as it fits.
Based on what he has done for this franchise  
cjac : 9/17/2019 11:38 am : link
there will be Eli jerseys all over Metlife for years to come
No shame  
Br00klyn : 9/17/2019 11:39 am : link
in wearing an Eli jersey, hes a franchise legend. ccant say the same about my beckham jersey that i refuse to wear
Mom youngest son's  
jvm52106 : 9/17/2019 11:39 am : link
middle name is Eli after Eli Manning. Yet, I am fucking psyched that Jones time has arrived...

For all the changes etc we have had over the last 4/5 years, the one thing that needed to change never did. It is now and I am happy for it.

FYI- Ed McCaffrey stated (about 35/40 mins ago on Sirius NFL Radio) that he had inside info that the Giants and Jags had been very close to a deal for Eli 3 years ago but it just couldn't get finished. **He said that in the context that Eli was almost traded back 3 years ago, in a perfect set up for Eli with a Championship possible roster in Jax, but it didn't happen and he can't see any way a trade for Eli happens now.
RE: Mom youngest son's  
jvm52106 : 9/17/2019 11:39 am : link
In comment 14582937 jvm52106 said:
Quote:
middle name is Eli after Eli Manning. Yet, I am fucking psyched that Jones time has arrived...

For all the changes etc we have had over the last 4/5 years, the one thing that needed to change never did. It is now and I am happy for it.

FYI- Ed McCaffrey stated (about 35/40 mins ago on Sirius NFL Radio) that he had inside info that the Giants and Jags had been very close to a deal for Eli 3 years ago but it just couldn't get finished. **He said that in the context that Eli was almost traded back 3 years ago, in a perfect set up for Eli with a Championship possible roster in Jax, but it didn't happen and he can't see any way a trade for Eli happens now.


My youngest, not Mom...
RE: Always safe to buy a Giants legend  
Mdgiantsfan : 9/17/2019 11:40 am : link
In comment 14582922 widmerseyebrow said:
Quote:
Who the hell knows if Saquon will be here in 5 years? We didn't think the Beckham thing would play out the way it did when he was a rookie.


Yeah I got tired of the player moves and just had a custom jersey made. Then OBJ took off so I had to have his, and Collins seemed like hed be here for the long haul. Now Im back to getting a custom Nike jersey lol. However I did pick up a Saquon jersey last year😀
What was the name of the company posted here a couple weeks ago?  
Bill L : 9/17/2019 11:41 am : link
Where jerseys cold be gotten much cheaper than from the NFL store?
It is a timeless jersey  
Rjanyg : 9/17/2019 11:42 am : link
that will never go out of style
RE: What was the name of the company posted here a couple weeks ago?  
Chef : 9/17/2019 11:47 am : link
In comment 14582948 Bill L said:
Quote:
Where jerseys cold be gotten much cheaper than from the NFL store?


Years ago there was a place called Fantastic Goods for Chinese knockoffs...
Eric  
ZogZerg : 9/17/2019 11:49 am : link
You obviously new Eli was a short timer before ordering the Jersey. But, the timing is pretty funny.
This should not be a sad day...  
M.S. : 9/17/2019 11:50 am : link

...Eli has had a great Giants career; he is still being paid very well; and now he gets a chance to help advise Daniel Jones.
RE: RE: What was the name of the company posted here a couple weeks ago?  
Bill L : 9/17/2019 11:52 am : link
In comment 14582967 Chef said:
Quote:
In comment 14582948 Bill L said:


Quote:


Where jerseys cold be gotten much cheaper than from the NFL store?



Years ago there was a place called Fantastic Goods for Chinese knockoffs...


I think that this one was legit but cheaper. Someone mentioned it last time wrt DJones jerseys.
Serendipity  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 9/17/2019 11:54 am : link
Seeems like a good omen? ;)

It's like an LT jersey now.
RE: Eric  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 9/17/2019 11:56 am : link
In comment 14582976 ZogZerg said:
Quote:
You obviously new Eli was a short timer before ordering the Jersey. But, the timing is pretty funny.


Honest...I just walked in an my wife was holding up the jersey. She didn't even know he had been benched.

I warned him when he ordered it last week. (Keep in mind, he's 16 and wants to wear in a Virginia HS filled with Redskins, Cowboys, and Eagles fans...for some reason, we have a ton of Cowboys and Eagles fans around here).
Im wearing my Eli jersey forever  
Jim in Forest Hills : 9/17/2019 11:59 am : link
#1 because Im too cheap to buy another. Got it in 2005? When it was the white with the blue outline on red numbers.
We still have a Kerry Collins # 5 jersey kicking around.  
GiantsUA : 9/17/2019 12:12 pm : link
.
Got my authentic Eli jersey last year  
bigblue5611_2 : 9/17/2019 12:16 pm : link
and will always wear it proudly.
my son's Eli Manning poster  
Dr. D : 9/17/2019 12:30 pm : link
fell from his bedroom wall recently. The tape gave out. Kind of symbolic I guess.

My son was 2 mos. old in Feb. of '08, so he's been alive for 2 SB championships. Unfortunately he's too young to remember anything but Giant suckiness. Oh well.
I recently bought a Leetch jersey  
MM_in_NYC : 9/17/2019 12:34 pm : link
I'd rather have the jersey from a team legend that I know won't be traded away after a couple of years. Same should go for Manning, if he was a favorite then so be it.
i view the 10 jersey  
hitdog42 : 9/17/2019 12:37 pm : link
as the modern 2000s era equivalent of the LT in the 80s. will always be worth owning.
Eric - can you order him one of our entire defense ?  
TommytheElephant : 9/17/2019 12:42 pm : link
Just to see what happens, thanks
I am afraid of telling  
Dankbeerman : 9/17/2019 12:46 pm : link
my 5 year old son the news. I have tried to prepare him but he is gonna have a melt down.

Would rather have broke the news to Eli himself...
Back to the Corner