Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

This game is on Pat Shumur

BeckShepEli : 10/10/2019 10:56 pm
I donít want to hear the injuries excuse. You play to win the game. This guy is absolutely terrible. His play calling is mind boggling. The fact that some of you people believe heís the best person for team is scary.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 <<Prev | Show All |
Last time we saw Sean McVay...  
bw in dc : 10/11/2019 12:00 am : link
play the Patriots he scored 3 points on a neutral sight. And almost his entire team was healthy.

I just checked Amazon. There are great buys for "Football for Dummies". So let me know you're address and I can send a few in the series. My treat.
RE: Last time we saw Sean McVay...  
BeckShepEli : 10/11/2019 12:04 am : link
In comment 14623816 bw in dc said:
Quote:
play the Patriots he scored 3 points on a neutral sight. And almost his entire team was healthy.

I just checked Amazon. There are great buys for "Football for Dummies". So let me know you're address and I can send a few in the series. My treat.


Thanks Man!

FMIC up BWAsS
143 FMIC Way
BWIdiotville, NJ 94929
.  
BeckShepEli : 10/11/2019 12:06 am : link
Glad you two idiots are saying McVay, Reid and Carroll couldnít beat William and Thomas because 1 game. Makes sense. Found some books on amazon ďblow Shurmur all nightĒ let me know your addresses Iíll send it both of yours way. My treat fellas
I like Shurmur as a QB coach...not so much as a HC  
NYRiese : 10/11/2019 12:09 am : link
I don't think he's a winner as a head coach, and his record proves it.
Let's see if he gives the game time play calling to Shula.
RE: RE: Last time we saw Sean McVay...  
mrvax : 10/11/2019 12:10 am : link
In comment 14623829 BeckShepEli said:
Quote:
In comment 14623816 bw in dc said:


Quote:


play the Patriots he scored 3 points on a neutral sight. And almost his entire team was healthy.

I just checked Amazon. There are great buys for "Football for Dummies". So let me know you're address and I can send a few in the series. My treat.



Thanks Man!

FMIC up BWAsS
143 FMIC Way
BWIdiotville, NJ 94929


Not to start any trouble here but this thread is really bad. Not even funny bad. This is 'lack of football knowledge bad' if you are blaming Shurmur for this loss.
-If I started this thread, I'd delete it and do not respond when other posters bring this thread up years from now. Change your BBI user name too. Good luck.
RE: .  
bw in dc : 10/11/2019 12:11 am : link
In comment 14623833 BeckShepEli said:
Quote:
Glad you two idiots are saying McVay, Reid and Carroll couldnít beat William and Thomas because 1 game. Makes sense. Found some books on amazon ďblow Shurmur all nightĒ let me know your addresses Iíll send it both of yours way. My treat fellas


Rationalize with me for a second.

And try to be honest, do you really think we had the horses to win a 60 minute game against the best coach and best QB (arguably) in the history of the sport?
RE: RE: RE: It's on Shurmur for horrible and gutless play calling  
islander1 : 10/11/2019 12:13 am : link
In comment 14623400 Anakim said:
Quote:
In comment 14623382 islander1 said:


Quote:


In comment 14623354 Anakim said:


Quote:


And on Gettleman for actually thinking Hilliman could play meaningful snaps



the fuck else were they supposed to do/call?

3rd string RB, 1 healthy WR worth a shit.

Seriously.



How about going for it on fourth down? How about not putting Rhett fucking Ellison on an island? How about throwing more shots at Slayton downfield? How about getting away from the screen passes to a completely useless RB?


Going for it on 4th down there, with our offense as constituted, is something a moron would do.

So, less screen passes to useless RB and more of them to covered and mostly useless WRs. Got it. You have a boner for Slayton but the reality is he's a GOOD 4th WR. That's all. Kid has talent and has a lot to learn.

The shit you're complaining about, unbelievable.
RE: RE: .  
BeckShepEli : 10/11/2019 12:13 am : link
In comment 14623844 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 14623833 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


Glad you two idiots are saying McVay, Reid and Carroll couldnít beat William and Thomas because 1 game. Makes sense. Found some books on amazon ďblow Shurmur all nightĒ let me know your addresses Iíll send it both of yours way. My treat fellas



Rationalize with me for a second.

And try to be honest, do you really think we had the horses to win a 60 minute game against the best coach and best QB (arguably) in the history of the sport?


To be honest. Before the game started I had no confidence. As the game was being played and we tied it up 14-14 and even 21-14 in the 4th quarter I felt like we could win this game. But thatís me just being honest. I can see why people werenít confident but watching this game and how everything was playing out and the face that it wasnít 35-3 at halftime yeah I thought we had a chance
RE: RE: RE: Last time we saw Sean McVay...  
BeckShepEli : 10/11/2019 12:14 am : link
In comment 14623842 mrvax said:
Quote:
In comment 14623829 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


In comment 14623816 bw in dc said:


Quote:


play the Patriots he scored 3 points on a neutral sight. And almost his entire team was healthy.

I just checked Amazon. There are great buys for "Football for Dummies". So let me know you're address and I can send a few in the series. My treat.



Thanks Man!

FMIC up BWAsS
143 FMIC Way
BWIdiotville, NJ 94929



Not to start any trouble here but this thread is really bad. Not even funny bad. This is 'lack of football knowledge bad' if you are blaming Shurmur for this loss.
-If I started this thread, I'd delete it and do not respond when other posters bring this thread up years from now. Change your BBI user name too. Good luck.


Thanks I was worried what you were thinking about this thread. Now I can sleep in peace. Safe to assume youíre okay with Shurmur? Youíre okay with losing? Thanks for the feedback though.
RE: RE: RE: .  
BeckShepEli : 10/11/2019 12:20 am : link
In comment 14623852 BeckShepEli said:
Quote:
In comment 14623844 bw in dc said:


Quote:


In comment 14623833 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


Glad you two idiots are saying McVay, Reid and Carroll couldnít beat William and Thomas because 1 game. Makes sense. Found some books on amazon ďblow Shurmur all nightĒ let me know your addresses Iíll send it both of yours way. My treat fellas



Rationalize with me for a second.

And try to be honest, do you really think we had the horses to win a 60 minute game against the best coach and best QB (arguably) in the history of the sport?



To be honest. Before the game started I had no confidence. As the game was being played and we tied it up 14-14 and even 21-14 in the 4th quarter I felt like we could win this game. But thatís me just being honest. I can see why people werenít confident but watching this game and how everything was playing out and the face that it wasnít 35-3 at halftime yeah I thought we had a chance


BW let me throw it back to you. Nothing to do with this thread. Did you think we were going to beat the patriots in super bowl 42? The reason why I ask and this thread has nothing to do with it but we play 1 game to win and if things fall the right way you could win the game and tonight we missed on a few of those key moments.
What about Hilliman,  
adamg : 10/11/2019 12:22 am : link
Bethea, and Peppers missing open field tackles?

Or the fact that our three best playmakers were out?

I have to say Haley looked good wraping guys up. And Zo looked good. This game gave me hope that a core may be there.

We still suck tho. And while Pat may not be a savior or even a fixture, this loss was beyond his paygrade.
RE: RE: The question..  
santacruzom : 10/11/2019 12:22 am : link
In comment 14623779 BeckShepEli said:
Quote:
In comment 14623758 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


to ask the OP is a simple one:

Does a different coach come away with a win tonight? If that answer is no - and it damn well should be, then how do you put the blame on Shurmur for the loss?



Yes Sean McVay, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid and Sean Payton come away with wins. Reverse coachís Bill and Shurmur giants win this game. So yes a different coach would win this game tonight.


I think you ought to look at those coaches' combined record against the Patriots.
RE: RE: RE: The question..  
BeckShepEli : 10/11/2019 12:25 am : link
In comment 14623870 santacruzom said:
Quote:
In comment 14623779 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


In comment 14623758 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


to ask the OP is a simple one:

Does a different coach come away with a win tonight? If that answer is no - and it damn well should be, then how do you put the blame on Shurmur for the loss?



Yes Sean McVay, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid and Sean Payton come away with wins. Reverse coachís Bill and Shurmur giants win this game. So yes a different coach would win this game tonight.



I think you ought to look at those coaches' combined record against the Patriots.


Fair point itís not pretty. Mr Man in Charlotte asked a question and in a 1 game situation I think one of those 4 could have won tonight. Thatís all.
RE: RE: RE: RE: The question..  
kcgiants : 10/11/2019 12:47 am : link
In comment 14623879 BeckShepEli said:
Quote:
In comment 14623870 santacruzom said:


Quote:


In comment 14623779 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


In comment 14623758 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


to ask the OP is a simple one:

Does a different coach come away with a win tonight? If that answer is no - and it damn well should be, then how do you put the blame on Shurmur for the loss?



Yes Sean McVay, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid and Sean Payton come away with wins. Reverse coachís Bill and Shurmur giants win this game. So yes a different coach would win this game tonight.



I think you ought to look at those coaches' combined record against the Patriots.



Fair point itís not pretty. Mr Man in Charlotte asked a question and in a 1 game situation I think one of those 4 could have won tonight. Thatís all.


Ok, let me understand what you are saying. So if one of those 4 could have won tonight then that means 3 could have lost just like Shurmur did tonight. And you claim Shurmur is a bad coach since he lost this game then the other 3 coachs that could lost are bad coachs also. This was a very tough game for the GMEN to win with all the injuries and even without the injuries it would have been tough. You even was surprised that the GMEN was still in it till the mid 4Q. Who was coaching the GMEN at that time? Shurmur did a hell of a lot with what he had tonight. Sure he has a lot to go but as long as we see improvement thats all we want for now.
Pete Carroll?  
montanagiant : 10/11/2019 12:50 am : link
He made one of the dumbest decisions ever in the SB with the game on the line and a completely healthy team. You think with this decimated Offensive he would have won this?

Holy crap, he was on the 2-yard line with the game in hand and the most powerful RB in the NFL and blew it...BLEW IT!!
RE: Pete Carroll?  
BeckShepEli : 10/11/2019 12:51 am : link
In comment 14623903 montanagiant said:
Quote:
He made one of the dumbest decisions ever in the SB with the game on the line and a completely healthy team. You think with this decimated Offensive he would have won this?

Holy crap, he was on the 2-yard line with the game in hand and the most powerful RB in the NFL and blew it...BLEW IT!!


Poor Pete will always be remember by one play(rightfully so)
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The question..  
BeckShepEli : 10/11/2019 12:54 am : link
In comment 14623899 kcgiants said:
Quote:
In comment 14623879 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


In comment 14623870 santacruzom said:


Quote:


In comment 14623779 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


In comment 14623758 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


to ask the OP is a simple one:

Does a different coach come away with a win tonight? If that answer is no - and it damn well should be, then how do you put the blame on Shurmur for the loss?



Yes Sean McVay, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid and Sean Payton come away with wins. Reverse coachís Bill and Shurmur giants win this game. So yes a different coach would win this game tonight.



I think you ought to look at those coaches' combined record against the Patriots.



Fair point itís not pretty. Mr Man in Charlotte asked a question and in a 1 game situation I think one of those 4 could have won tonight. Thatís all.



Ok, let me understand what you are saying. So if one of those 4 could have won tonight then that means 3 could have lost just like Shurmur did tonight. And you claim Shurmur is a bad coach since he lost this game then the other 3 coachs that could lost are bad coachs also. This was a very tough game for the GMEN to win with all the injuries and even without the injuries it would have been tough. You even was surprised that the GMEN was still in it till the mid 4Q. Who was coaching the GMEN at that time? Shurmur did a hell of a lot with what he had tonight. Sure he has a lot to go but as long as we see improvement thats all we want for now.


Oh please donít give credit to our head coach because the patriots made mistakes. We hired Pat Shurmur to fix this offense. He has not done that. I get it we have a rookie QB and before that it was Eliís fault. In the last 3 games we have 0 offensive points in the 2nd half. You canít win football games with those stats.
I by no means would argue  
santacruzom : 10/11/2019 1:52 am : link
That Shurmur is a good coach, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he could have steered the Giants to a win tonight even if he'd been bitten by a radioactive Bill Walsh prior to the game.
RE: Possibly the worst coach in the NFL,  
allstarjim : 10/11/2019 1:54 am : link
In comment 14623548 Go Terps said:
Quote:
and that's saying something.


You're the smartest worst poster here.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The question..  
allstarjim : 10/11/2019 2:06 am : link
In comment 14623909 BeckShepEli said:
Quote:
In comment 14623899 kcgiants said:


Quote:


In comment 14623879 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


In comment 14623870 santacruzom said:


Quote:


In comment 14623779 BeckShepEli said:


Quote:


In comment 14623758 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


to ask the OP is a simple one:

Does a different coach come away with a win tonight? If that answer is no - and it damn well should be, then how do you put the blame on Shurmur for the loss?



Yes Sean McVay, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid and Sean Payton come away with wins. Reverse coachís Bill and Shurmur giants win this game. So yes a different coach would win this game tonight.



I think you ought to look at those coaches' combined record against the Patriots.



Fair point itís not pretty. Mr Man in Charlotte asked a question and in a 1 game situation I think one of those 4 could have won tonight. Thatís all.



Ok, let me understand what you are saying. So if one of those 4 could have won tonight then that means 3 could have lost just like Shurmur did tonight. And you claim Shurmur is a bad coach since he lost this game then the other 3 coachs that could lost are bad coachs also. This was a very tough game for the GMEN to win with all the injuries and even without the injuries it would have been tough. You even was surprised that the GMEN was still in it till the mid 4Q. Who was coaching the GMEN at that time? Shurmur did a hell of a lot with what he had tonight. Sure he has a lot to go but as long as we see improvement thats all we want for now.



Oh please donít give credit to our head coach because the patriots made mistakes. We hired Pat Shurmur to fix this offense. He has not done that. I get it we have a rookie QB and before that it was Eliís fault. In the last 3 games we have 0 offensive points in the 2nd half. You canít win football games with those stats.


Oh really? The Giants scored more than 30 points exactly 0 times from 2015 to 2017. Three straight seasons. The first season with Shurmur the Giants scored more than 30 points 4 times with Eli Manning at QB. Zero times in three seasons prior, he comes in with a new offense and does it 4 times. And one time this year in his rookie QB's first game.

Pat Shurmur runs a GREAT offense. You still need good players to execute any offense. The Giants are not going to execute at a high level against excellent competition when the most recognizable talent on offense is a 31 year old Golden Tate and a rookie QB who is still learning.

For you to pass judgement 3 games into a rookie QB's season is so fucking arrogant it's just absurd. Don't be such a fucking dumbfuck and exercise some amount of patience, and have a couple of neurons fire giving you the consciousness that, hey, it might take a half a season or maybe even an entire season before a rookie QB can begin to run an offense at a high level, FFS. Fucking clown show in here right now.
RE: .  
allstarjim : 10/11/2019 2:12 am : link
In comment 14623833 BeckShepEli said:
Quote:
Glad you two idiots are saying McVay, Reid and Carroll couldnít beat William and Thomas because 1 game. Makes sense. Found some books on amazon ďblow Shurmur all nightĒ let me know your addresses Iíll send it both of yours way. My treat fellas


You're throwing around "idiots" at other posters when you've exposed yourself as a complete fucking twit in this thread.

Here's a suggestion...post less...A LOT LESS. You should read A LOT from smart posters here, soak that stuff in, then maybe you'll be able to string several words together on this forum that doesn't make you look like a complete dumbfuck. Good luck.
RE: I by no means would argue  
Go Terps : 10/11/2019 2:32 am : link
In comment 14623922 santacruzom said:
Quote:
That Shurmur is a good coach, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he could have steered the Giants to a win tonight even if he'd been bitten by a radioactive Bill Walsh prior to the game.


This is true, but the point is he's clearly a disaster as a coach. Fucking guy quit on the game tonight. They could fire his ass tonight and the net affect could only be positive.
Why is everyone giving Shurmur credit  
Leg of Theismann : 10/11/2019 3:02 am : link
for the Giants "staying in the game" until late? James fucking Bettcher is the defensive coordinator. Do you realize that up until late in the 2nd quarter, the defense had held the Tom Brady Patriot offense to ONE touchdown, AND had scored a TD itself essentially erasing that one TD it had allowed. Sure the offense didn't have any weapons to work with but people are acting as though Shurmur did anything good whatsoever. He didn't. The offense was awful. The offense made one nice play all night (the long TD to Tate) and just because of that everyone wants to blow Shurmur and talk about "oh wow just amazing that the offense actually had a good play against the legendary Bill Belichick defense, so impressive."

Don't get me wrong I'm very proud of this team for coming into this essentially unwinnable game and fighting to stay in it right up until the very end. But give that credit to the players who understandably came into this game treating it like it was their personal 2019 super bowl. What player with any sort of competitive bone in his body wouldn't have treated it that way?

I didn't expect them to come away with a win. But to talk about Pat Shurmur as though he did anything good tonight whatsoever beyond just be the bare minimum of an NFL coach is insane. He had nothing to work with on offense, and he did nothing with it. He delivered the expected status quo in that regard. BUT-- then he also made a lot of questionable and flat out bad calls that anyone with any sort of understanding of football knows were bad calls.

Seriously, how do you not go for it on that 4th and 2? I know we're beating a dead horse, but that horse has to be beaten until it dies about 25 more times. What the hell was he thinking? 4th and 2, down 2 TDs, 7:30 left in the game. There was still a sliver of hope they could have come back but instead he just punted it away as if he was making sure to give Brady plenty of time to drive down the field and cover the spread.
Name 1 player on giants offense tonight that NE was scared of ?  
morrison40 : 10/11/2019 3:07 am : link
I canít
RE: RE: I by no means would argue  
allstarjim : 10/11/2019 3:22 am : link
In comment 14623930 Go Terps said:
Quote:
In comment 14623922 santacruzom said:


Quote:


That Shurmur is a good coach, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he could have steered the Giants to a win tonight even if he'd been bitten by a radioactive Bill Walsh prior to the game.



This is true, but the point is he's clearly a disaster as a coach. Fucking guy quit on the game tonight. They could fire his ass tonight and the net affect could only be positive.


*effect*, and wrong again, clueless.
RE: Shurmur is a transitional coach  
Optimus-NY : 10/11/2019 4:21 am : link
In comment 14623310 Saquads Barkley said:
Quote:
He wont be the guy to turn it around, let's not kid ourselves.


I agree.
Can't blame Shurmur for this loss  
Optimus-NY : 10/11/2019 4:48 am : link
Come on. I believe he's a transitional HC, but it's obvious that the Giants were overmatched. Next topic please.
Not going  
Les in TO : 10/11/2019 5:42 am : link
For it on 4th and 2 down two touchdowns with 8 minutes left in the game was a major head scratcher.
Also  
Les in TO : 10/11/2019 5:46 am : link
Youíre not going to beat the pats if you give up a blocked punt TD. Not sure if you blame stupor or Dixon ST coach or Shurmur. but it was a costly error
It is possible to not pin the loss on Shurmur  
mattnyg05 : 10/11/2019 6:00 am : link
And still not be satisfied with how he does things. I thought a subtle thing was taking the timeout with 2:40 left in the first half... yes, you want to try to get the ball back, but youíre playing the patriots. They were kind of running the ball ad bleeding the clock a little bit and as soon as we called timeout it was ďoh youíre calling timeout? Fuck you were going to score a td nowĒ and thatís exactly what happened.

I think I would have let things flow a little bit there-maybe they were content to just run it and settle for a field goal until we stopped the clock. I also didnít like the quick snaps against a HOF coach with arguably his best defense ever so far. That, rushing the plays before the end of the third to keep the wind... I donít think any coach would have stood much of a chance tonight, but I donít think Shurmur has shown that heís your answer. And I was a huge Shurmur defender up until the Eagle loss last year where he refused to give the ball to Barkley.

I agree that he never seems ahead of the game heís completely by the book. I canít explain it but he has no feel. At least thatís what it seems like. I know we werenít moving the ball tonight, our offense was basically shut down, but taking a little more time to run plays might have given us a better shot and kept our d off the field for a few more minutes instead of quick snapping so we could punt right away. It was head scratching all night there. I donít think it was Shurmurs fault but you might have had a better chance with a better coach.
Love how BBI always has this need to pin a loss  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 10/11/2019 6:51 am : link
on one individual. It's not how football works. And while sometimes there is a pivotal play that ends a game, last night was far from an example of that. We lost to a much better team.
The ironic thing about EVERY  
Dave on the UWS : 10/11/2019 6:59 am : link
one of these posts is ďterrible play callerĒ guy is an OC not a head coach. Well part of what an OC does (usually) is call plays. So what your saying then is heís a really bad coach win shouldnít be employed at all.
I think heís a better HC then OC - and thatís the problem here. Heís trying to do both jobs and itís not working. He needs to turn everything over to Shula and run the whole team. It can work with a more seasoned team, but not here.
I thought until 8 minutes to go  
dpinzow : 10/11/2019 7:11 am : link
Shurmur and the team did well. But that punt decision on 4th and 2 with 8 minutes left makes me fear for his job. The players gave it everything they had to that point against the best team in football and he waves the white flag when itís still 28-14. I wonder if some of the players are thinking that coach doesnít give them 100% opportunity to win games
Don't blame Shurmur for the loss...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 10/11/2019 7:14 am : link
I thought his decision to punt on 4th & 2 with 8 & change left was pretty weak though.

But I don't think he's a good coach at all.
Not many coaches win that game.  
Default : 10/11/2019 7:15 am : link
But Shurmur is a career loser, and sucks.
RE: It is possible to not pin the loss on Shurmur  
gmenatlarge : 10/11/2019 7:27 am : link
In comment 14623966 mattnyg05 said:
Quote:
And still not be satisfied with how he does things. I thought a subtle thing was taking the timeout with 2:40 left in the first half... yes, you want to try to get the ball back, but youíre playing the patriots. They were kind of running the ball ad bleeding the clock a little bit and as soon as we called timeout it was ďoh youíre calling timeout? Fuck you were going to score a td nowĒ and thatís exactly what happened.

I think I would have let things flow a little bit there-maybe they were content to just run it and settle for a field goal until we stopped the clock. I also didnít like the quick snaps against a HOF coach with arguably his best defense ever so far. That, rushing the plays before the end of the third to keep the wind... I donít think any coach would have stood much of a chance tonight, but I donít think Shurmur has shown that heís your answer. And I was a huge Shurmur defender up until the Eagle loss last year where he refused to give the ball to Barkley.

I agree that he never seems ahead of the game heís completely by the book. I canít explain it but he has no feel. At least thatís what it seems like. I know we werenít moving the ball tonight, our offense was basically shut down, but taking a little more time to run plays might have given us a better shot and kept our d off the field for a few more minutes instead of quick snapping so we could punt right away. It was head scratching all night there. I donít think it was Shurmurs fault but you might have had a better chance with a better coach.


+1 Hated that TO, they were still in it at that point but they poked the bear and paid for it. I don't like PS as a HC but to blame him for that loss is beyond stupid, there was NFW they were winning that game, Little Bill doesn't lose to rookie QBs at home!
RE: Shurmur is a loser coach  
Gatorade Dunk : 10/11/2019 8:43 am : link
In comment 14623349 moespree said:
Quote:
What's he about 22 games under 500 now as a HC?

You try coaching for the Browns and Giants.

Shurmur's biggest flaw as a head coach is being willing to get hired by shitty franchises.
Have to give credit that we were in this game  
Rudy5757 : 10/11/2019 8:57 am : link
The punt on 4th and 2 was a bad call but this team played hard. We had nothing on O all game. WRs were not open, everything was contested and DJ had some great throws and some not so great throws. The players made some boneheaded plays too though and that is what cost us the game.

Stupar couldnt block on the punt. He now sucks at everything.

Peppers missed on a critical tackle on 3rd down. In games like this those little things matter and your top players have to step up.

Jenkins with the Hold for no reason.

Golden with the personal Foul, yes it should have been both ways but the last guy usually gets called.

Slayton didn't go to get the ball on the long pass, he waited for the ball to come to him and was looking for a flag. A little effort gets him a catch or a penalty. This is a good learning point for him to see on tape, you need to go after it. He is going to be a good one if he can learn to attack the ball and had a pretty good game overall.
The Giants are probably going to win 4-6 games this year  
arniefez : 10/11/2019 9:19 am : link
How do you justify having an NFL HC that wins 33% of the time going forward. The Giants need to find a good coach like the Colts, Rams, Bears & 49ers have. It's not easy. Very few people are good at this job.
Say what you want about Shurmur  
Jay on the Island : 10/11/2019 9:22 am : link
but this team fought all night long against a vastly superior team. If it were not for Hilliman's fumble this game could have ended differently.
Shurmur  
BigBluesman : 10/11/2019 12:21 pm : link
feels like a placeholder coach. He doesn't inspire any confidence.
he's an Andy Reid guy  
Platos : 10/11/2019 12:25 pm : link
his team will be prepared and play hard but when it comes down to him making the right decision at the right moment...
RE: Takes time  
Big_N : 10/11/2019 1:32 pm : link
In comment 14623469 djstat said:
Quote:
To rebuild and oh btw were missing Barkley, Gallman, Engram and Shep. You knuckleheads really expect them to sign a RB Monday who could have helped? This team played hard and stayed competitive. Jones is ready to win some games. Had an off night in tough winds but kept the team in it. Defense made some plays but ran out of gas.

This franchise is on the right track. Some of you have no patience and no clue


These BS excuses. I remember the Giant's in '07 winning a SB without a Tiki Barber playing in his prime; with back-up TE when Shockey broke his leg. 2 pro bowlers. And yea who's fault is it that Perkins; a one time starter got cut and you didn't have a 3rd string back?
Are we really..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 10/11/2019 1:54 pm : link
saying that Paul Perkins was a key player we missed last night??
RE: he's an Andy Reid guy  
cosmicj : 10/11/2019 2:05 pm : link
In comment 14624732 Platos said:
Quote:
his team will be prepared and play hard but when it comes down to him making the right decision at the right moment...
holy cow. Reid took an awful franchise and made them into a championship contender. Then he was fired went to another team and made them into a championship contender. So heís just like Shurmur. Uh-huh.
RE: Are we really..  
Zeke's Alibi : 10/11/2019 2:09 pm : link
In comment 14624915 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
saying that Paul Perkins was a key player we missed last night??


Hilliman is that bad.
4th and 2 - 8 minutes left  
PEEJ : 10/11/2019 2:13 pm : link
When behind coaches try to extend the game as long as possible. With 8 minutes left a lot can happen (though some may be wishful thinking). Turnovers, muffed punts, etal.

If the Giants fail to get the first down and turn over the ball in their own territory, the game is essentially over.

You may not agree with the decision, but there is some logic behind it. As fans we always want to go for the TD on 4th and goal from the 2 yd line. Sometimes taking the 3 points is the right play.

A decision can be right even if the result is bad
RE: RE: Takes time  
bw in dc : 10/11/2019 2:15 pm : link
In comment 14624868 Big_N said:
Quote:


These BS excuses. I remember the Giant's in '07 winning a SB without a Tiki Barber playing in his prime; with back-up TE when Shockey broke his leg. 2 pro bowlers. And yea who's fault is it that Perkins; a one time starter got cut and you didn't have a 3rd string back?


Are you suggesting this is a playoff contending team that is being held back by situations that are just "BS excuses"?
RE: RE: RE: Takes time  
Big_N : 10/11/2019 3:09 pm : link
In comment 14624941 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 14624868 Big_N said:


Quote:




These BS excuses. I remember the Giant's in '07 winning a SB without a Tiki Barber playing in his prime; with back-up TE when Shockey broke his leg. 2 pro bowlers. And yea who's fault is it that Perkins; a one time starter got cut and you didn't have a 3rd string back?



Are you suggesting this is a playoff contending team that is being held back by situations that are just "BS excuses"?


No just saying the giants won a superbowl with back-up TEs and a RB previously held by 2 pro bowlers. So were the giants no longer a super bowl team because they were missing those guys. Heck they played better without either one of those guys.
RE: 4th and 2 - 8 minutes left  
Gatorade Dunk : 10/12/2019 11:09 am : link
In comment 14624939 PEEJ said:
Quote:
When behind coaches try to extend the game as long as possible. With 8 minutes left a lot can happen (though some may be wishful thinking). Turnovers, muffed punts, etal.

If the Giants fail to get the first down and turn over the ball in their own territory, the game is essentially over.

You may not agree with the decision, but there is some logic behind it. As fans we always want to go for the TD on 4th and goal from the 2 yd line. Sometimes taking the 3 points is the right play.

A decision can be right even if the result is bad

That's accurate.

Going for it is the right decision there even if the result had been bad,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner