Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Trey Adams, Tristan Wirfs, or Mekhi Becton

buddyryansux10 : 10/14/2019 11:19 am
Question for the draft/college knowledgeable BBI'ers: who would you want of the above three OTs when the Giants first round pick comes around? I am assuming we are eventually 7-9 ( give or take a win ) so someone like Andrew Thomas is probably already gone. Thanks!
Can they all play LT?  
No Where Man : 10/14/2019 11:22 am : link
If so, anyone of them who is competent. I'd also sign a FA RT as well. I can see DG cluster drafting OL by drafting a C also.
If the Giants end up taking OL with the first  
Ben in Tampa : 10/14/2019 11:24 am : link
4 picks I wouldn’t be mad
Wires, I'm not completely sold on yet.  
barens : 10/14/2019 11:32 am : link
His last two games weren't the best, and he's Iowa's right tackle. Not even sure he makes himself eligible.

Adams looks like a very good player, there's just the injury risk. Two years ago he had an torn ACL, and last year, his back kept him out for the year.

Becton looks great to me, I think there's a lot more evaluation that's needed, may be better on the right because of his size, but every time I see him play, he's been pretty dominant.
Adams has serious durability concerns.  
Klaatu : 10/14/2019 11:35 am : link
Wirfs and Becton might be available early Rd 2 (the operative word being "might").

There are a few other OT's who will probably go in the 1st Rd, such as Lucas Niang (probably a RT only) and Prince Tega Wanogho (raw, but holy shit), but if we're picking as high as you figure and pass on a top-tier defender, I'd go with OC Tyler Biadasz in the 1st, and look for an OT on Day 2. Even if Wirfs and Becton are gone, the OT class looks to be pretty deep, and several good prospects should still be available.
What happened to Walker Little  
Nine-Tails : 10/14/2019 11:45 am : link
Heard a lot about him earlier in the year. Now no one talks about him
Wirfs, by far  
Anakim : 10/14/2019 11:46 am : link
Adams has MAJOR durability issues. Wirfs is an absolute physical freak of nature and has all the tools to be an elite blindside blocker.
RE: What happened to Walker Little  
Anakim : 10/14/2019 11:47 am : link
In comment 14628284 Nine-Tails said:
Quote:
Heard a lot about him earlier in the year. Now no one talks about him


He got injured in like the first or second game and he's out for the year.
RE: If the Giants end up taking OL with the first  
ryanmkeane : 10/14/2019 12:31 pm : link
In comment 14628221 Ben in Tampa said:
Quote:
4 picks I wouldn’t be mad

That would be terrible actually.
RE: Wirfs, by far  
Earl the goat : 10/14/2019 12:40 pm : link
In comment 14628288 Anakim said:
Quote:
Adams has MAJOR durability issues. Wirfs is an absolute physical freak of nature and has all the tools to be an elite blindside blocker.


I agree. But right now he is playing RT for Iowa
RE: RE: If the Giants end up taking OL with the first  
Klaatu : 10/14/2019 12:43 pm : link
In comment 14628412 ryanmkeane said:
Quote:
In comment 14628221 Ben in Tampa said:


Quote:


4 picks I wouldn’t be mad


That would be terrible actually.


Ha ha, yeah, not with the first four, but a "cluster" similar to what we did with CB last year would be okay with me in 2020. At least one premium OL pick, maybe two if the value is there. Then see what's available later on.

The way I see it, we've invested major draft capital in a QB and an RB. I'd like to see a comparable investment in the guys that make life easier for both.
Wirfs  
GoDeep13 : 10/14/2019 1:24 pm : link
Is interesting but he annoys me. He brok Brandon Scherffs lifting records at Iowa but when I put the film of his first couple games this season I don’t see that power showing up on film.

I like his build and he’s fairly sound in pass protection. I just need to see that power he has transition in the run game.
RE: What happened to Walker Little  
Jay on the Island : 10/14/2019 1:25 pm : link
In comment 14628284 Nine-Tails said:
Quote:
Heard a lot about him earlier in the year. Now no one talks about him

Dislocated knee that required surgery. If his knee checks out he would be a great pick for the Giants depending on where they are picking.

I like Wirfs a lot but some scouts feel like he is a better fit at RT.
Austin Jackson  
Rick in Dallas : 10/14/2019 1:39 pm : link
OT from USC a junior is getting positive reviews from NFL scouts
no to Wirfs  
floridagiantsfan : 10/14/2019 1:44 pm : link
Watched Penn State game and he got owned repeatedly regardless of which DE they put against him. Also happened in Wisky game. Bottom line against quality competition he was badly beaten.

If available in rd 3 or 4 I might take a flyerr
correction  
floridagiantsfan : 10/14/2019 1:46 pm : link
Michigan game not wisky
Short takes  
Sy'56 : 10/14/2019 3:21 pm : link
Adams - Multiple injury red flags. Medicals will be enormous. If all checks out OK he is a guy with the proper foot-speed and technique. Power game lacking.

Wirfs: Might be the top physical package all things considered. Still a little raw and makes a few mental mistakes weekly. Upside is top 10 overall caliber.

Becton: Might be the most powerful OT in the class. Size can hide his inconsistent footwork at times but still has a lot to clean up.
RE: Short takes  
Bill in UT : 10/14/2019 8:00 pm : link
In comment 14628622 Sy'56 said:
Quote:
Adams - Multiple injury red flags. Medicals will be enormous. If all checks out OK he is a guy with the proper foot-speed and technique. Power game lacking.

Wirfs: Might be the top physical package all things considered. Still a little raw and makes a few mental mistakes weekly. Upside is top 10 overall caliber.

Becton: Might be the most powerful OT in the class. Size can hide his inconsistent footwork at times but still has a lot to clean up.


So are you saying Bectin is Erik Flowers?
RE: RE: Short takes  
Klaatu : 10/15/2019 8:46 am : link
In comment 14628864 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 14628622 Sy'56 said:


Quote:


Adams - Multiple injury red flags. Medicals will be enormous. If all checks out OK he is a guy with the proper foot-speed and technique. Power game lacking.

Wirfs: Might be the top physical package all things considered. Still a little raw and makes a few mental mistakes weekly. Upside is top 10 overall caliber.

Becton: Might be the most powerful OT in the class. Size can hide his inconsistent footwork at times but still has a lot to clean up.



So are you saying Bectin is Erik Flowers?


I had the same thought.

If you want a good laugh (or cry), see what Sy had to say about Flowers prior to the 2015 draft.
Tell me which one is the nastiest and  
Carl in CT : 10/15/2019 10:01 am : link
That’s the one I want.
RE: RE: Wirfs, by far  
Anakim : 10/15/2019 10:22 am : link
In comment 14628424 Earl the goat said:
Quote:
In comment 14628288 Anakim said:


Quote:


Adams has MAJOR durability issues. Wirfs is an absolute physical freak of nature and has all the tools to be an elite blindside blocker.



I agree. But right now he is playing RT for Iowa


Right, but he has experience at LT. He played LT against Iowa State when Alaric Jackson was out.
Back to the Corner