Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Eagles Release Zach Brown

St. Jimmy : 10/14/2019 7:08 pm
The guy who said Cousins was the weakest part of the Vikings offense. Leave the talking to the head coach.
Link - ( New Window )
.  
pjcas18 : 10/14/2019 7:21 pm : link
RE: .  
AcidTest : 10/14/2019 7:21 pm : link
In comment 14628829 pjcas18 said:
Quote:


For the win!
.  
pjcas18 : 10/14/2019 7:22 pm : link
Was he playing well?  
mattnyg05 : 10/14/2019 7:30 pm : link
I guess not if heís expendable for that comment but he was a tackling machine.
Brown>Stupar  
Rflairr : 10/14/2019 7:36 pm : link
.
He started for them, kinda strange.  
j_rud : 10/14/2019 7:42 pm : link
Obviously more to it than just his play. Wonder if the Cousins comment was a tip of the iceberg kinx of thing.
.  
Banks : 10/14/2019 7:49 pm : link
He's been knocked in eagle media thus far. He appears to be a terrible fit for their defense. They require LBs that can cover and he is arguably worse than anyone we have at that.
60 out of 88  
Tim in Eternal Blue : 10/14/2019 7:52 pm : link
Of LBs according to PFF.

This situation is amazing. Dude roasts Cousins, who in turn roasts them and then he gets cut.

Hilarious
Tim  
Brian in SI : 10/14/2019 7:55 pm : link
LOL!
RE: 60 out of 88  
Giantsfan79 : 10/14/2019 8:17 pm : link
In comment 14628854 Tim in Eternal Blue said:
Quote:
Of LBs according to PFF.

This situation is amazing. Dude roasts Cousins, who in turn roasts them and then he gets cut.

Hilarious


isn't 60 out of 88 an upgrade for us at LB?
Well, you know he likes his chicken fried  
Jersey Heel : 10/14/2019 8:25 pm : link
Cold beer on a Friday night.
A pair of jeans that fits just right.
And the radio on.
RE: Well, you know he likes his chicken fried  
Greg from LI : 10/14/2019 8:26 pm : link
In comment 14628881 Jersey Heel said:
Quote:
Cold beer on a Friday night.
A pair of jeans that fits just right.
And the radio on.


dammit, you just beat me
RE: RE: Well, you know he likes his chicken fried  
section125 : 10/14/2019 9:44 pm : link
In comment 14628882 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
In comment 14628881 Jersey Heel said:


Quote:


Cold beer on a Friday night.
A pair of jeans that fits just right.
And the radio on.



dammit, you just beat me


That's a Zach Brown song?? hmm.

Well done.
He was rumored...  
Ryan : 10/14/2019 9:49 pm : link
...to be a locker room issue in his last 2 stops before this too.
Too
Wanna know why there's so few guaranteed contracts in the NFL?  
MattyKid : 10/15/2019 7:15 am : link
Here you go
In 2016 with the Bills he had 149 tackles including 4 sacks  
WillieYoung : 10/15/2019 8:01 am : link
playing Rex's 3-4. I would sign him in a heartbeat, assuming he looked good in a tryout. I can't believe anyone would reject a player based on his PFF ranking.
RE: .  
jcn56 : 10/15/2019 8:04 am : link
In comment 14628849 Banks said:
Quote:
He's been knocked in eagle media thus far. He appears to be a terrible fit for their defense. They require LBs that can cover and he is arguably worse than anyone we have at that.


Is that true? I'm sure it applied to the Eagles, and likely t a lot of other teams - but have you had a look at the roster lately to see who's playing LB?

Not saying they should run out and sign Brown, but I don't think he'd be any worse than anything they've currently got.
learning curve  
Pep22 : 10/15/2019 8:53 am : link
how long would you estimate this to be before a guy can be ready to play (assume reasonable/average football intelligence)
RE: In 2016 with the Bills he had 149 tackles including 4 sacks  
Tuckrule : 10/15/2019 8:58 am : link
In comment 14629109 WillieYoung said:
Quote:
playing Rex's 3-4. I would sign him in a heartbeat, assuming he looked good in a tryout. I can't believe anyone would reject a player based on his PFF ranking.


His ranking is low because heís terrible in coverage. Do you see the bills defense? Itís been good for years. He isnít a very good player at all. Accumulating tackles doesnít mean your a good football player. You clearly havenít watched him and are going by stats. You dismiss Pff but throw out his tackle totals from 2016. Fascinating thought process
If you think Gettleman is bringing  
GiantsRage2007 : 10/15/2019 8:59 am : link
In anyone who opens his mouth to the media, you haven't been paying attention.

Apple, Snacks, Collins, JPP, Vernon, OBJ... all outspoken, all aired dirty laundry to the media.... all gone

No way he brings in a guy who offers the other team bulletin board material
Guy can't cover with the notable exception of the other teams locker  
Zeke's Alibi : 10/15/2019 9:45 am : link
room with bulletin board material.
Wasnít he a popular  
Big Blue '56 : 10/15/2019 10:42 am : link
ďsign the guyĒ on here?
RE: RE: In 2016 with the Bills he had 149 tackles including 4 sacks  
Essex : 10/15/2019 10:55 am : link
In comment 14629194 Tuckrule said:
Quote:
In comment 14629109 WillieYoung said:


Quote:


playing Rex's 3-4. I would sign him in a heartbeat, assuming he looked good in a tryout. I can't believe anyone would reject a player based on his PFF ranking.



His ranking is low because heís terrible in coverage. Do you see the bills defense? Itís been good for years. He isnít a very good player at all. Accumulating tackles doesnít mean your a good football player. You clearly havenít watched him and are going by stats. You dismiss Pff but throw out his tackle totals from 2016. Fascinating thought process

I don't really have much to add to this conversation and my only opinion is that Zach Brown would only marginally help, but to argue that someone who says a guy who tackles cannot help this defense is also a "fascinating though process," one that might not have watched our defense so far this season attempt to tackle.
RE: Well, you know he likes his chicken fried  
cjac : 10/15/2019 11:59 am : link
In comment 14628881 Jersey Heel said:
Quote:
Cold beer on a Friday night.
A pair of jeans that fits just right.
And the radio on.


I think saying that right now he's

knee deep in the water somewhere
got the blue sky breeze and it dont seem fair
only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach his chair

would have been more accurate
ya know, being that he's "on the beach" and all
RE: Guy can't cover with the notable exception of the other teams locker  
BillKo : 10/15/2019 12:10 pm : link
In comment 14629243 Zeke's Alibi said:
Quote:
room with bulletin board material.


LOL!!!!
I think it's nuts  
montanagiant : 10/15/2019 7:34 pm : link
If we don't bring him in for a look
Back to the Corner