Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: Yankees Gm. 4

JeffAces28 : 10/17/2019 12:56 pm
moving over the discussion from FT...

Let's Go Yankees!
Need Tanaka to go 6 tonight hopefully.  
Neckbone1333 : 10/17/2019 1:07 pm : link
Also want to see GT batting 3rd, Didi batting 7, Sanchez batting 8, and Gardy at 9
Or Maybin in  
Neckbone1333 : 10/17/2019 1:08 pm : link
For Gardy
RE: Or Maybin in  
section125 : 10/17/2019 1:11 pm : link
In comment 14631648 Neckbone1333 said:
Quote:
For Gardy


Not going to happen, nor should it.
RE: Yankees starters vs  
section125 : 10/17/2019 1:12 pm : link
Astos and Nats..brought from the other thread:

A healthy Severino and Paxton should be doggone close to the other teams top of the rotation staff and that makes Tanaka a pretty outstanding #3, wouldn't it?
I do not know what goes on inside Sevy or Paxton's heads, but there is something that limits them postseason. Both just need to get out of the 1st. Whether it means Sevy needs to rely on his FB more or Paxton his breaking balls, I don't know. It almost seems that neither is ready for the game start.
RE: Need Tanaka to go 6 tonight hopefully.  
BigBluesman : 10/17/2019 1:22 pm : link
In comment 14631646 Neckbone1333 said:
Quote:
Also want to see GT batting 3rd, Didi batting 7, Sanchez batting 8, and Gardy at 9

Agreed. We need Gleyber in that spot, no more fooling around.
RE: RE: Yankees starters vs  
BleedBlue : 10/17/2019 1:24 pm : link
In comment 14631652 section125 said:
Quote:
Astos and Nats..brought from the other thread:

A healthy Severino and Paxton should be doggone close to the other teams top of the rotation staff and that makes Tanaka a pretty outstanding #3, wouldn't it?
I do not know what goes on inside Sevy or Paxton's heads, but there is something that limits them postseason. Both just need to get out of the 1st. Whether it means Sevy needs to rely on his FB more or Paxton his breaking balls, I don't know. It almost seems that neither is ready for the game start.


Eh. Our problem is we don't have the one horse. Sevy be a great two if he can get coa istent and stay healthy. Same for Paxton. Tanaka is a solid #3 but he needs rest..

I'd add Cole in off-season and go with a handful of WS next 5 years.


As for tonight, need Torres batting 3. Drop Didi, Gardner and Sanchez

DJ
Judge
Torres
Stanton(if healthy)
EE
Gio
Sanchez
Didi
Gardner
RE: Need Tanaka to go 6 tonight hopefully.  
JeffAces28 : 10/17/2019 1:33 pm : link
In comment 14631646 Neckbone1333 said:
Quote:
Also want to see GT batting 3rd, Didi batting 7, Sanchez batting 8, and Gardy at 9


Pryaing Tanka goes 7
RE: RE: Need Tanaka to go 6 tonight hopefully.  
JeffAces28 : 10/17/2019 1:34 pm : link
In comment 14631678 JeffAces28 said:
Quote:
In comment 14631646 Neckbone1333 said:


Quote:


Also want to see GT batting 3rd, Didi batting 7, Sanchez batting 8, and Gardy at 9



Pryaing Tanaka goes 7
RE: RE: RE: Yankees starters vs  
section125 : 10/17/2019 1:57 pm : link
In comment 14631666 BleedBlue said:
Quote:
In comment 14631652 section125 said:


Quote:


Astos and Nats..brought from the other thread:

A healthy Severino and Paxton should be doggone close to the other teams top of the rotation staff and that makes Tanaka a pretty outstanding #3, wouldn't it?
I do not know what goes on inside Sevy or Paxton's heads, but there is something that limits them postseason. Both just need to get out of the 1st. Whether it means Sevy needs to rely on his FB more or Paxton his breaking balls, I don't know. It almost seems that neither is ready for the game start.



Eh. Our problem is we don't have the one horse. Sevy be a great two if he can get coa istent and stay healthy. Same for Paxton. Tanaka is a solid #3 but he needs rest..



Severino is a #1. He's off because of the injuries this year, but he is a #1. Remember, he was throwing 98/99 late in games last year into the 7th/8th inning just like Cole plus he is 24 y/o..these other guys are late 20s and middle 30s.

Paxton is damn close to a #1, but he is inconsistent. But when on his stuff is close to ace.
Jeff - delete  
section125 : 10/17/2019 1:58 pm : link
the other thread.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Yankees starters vs  
BleedBlue : 10/17/2019 2:45 pm : link
In comment 14631710 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14631666 BleedBlue said:


Quote:


In comment 14631652 section125 said:


Quote:


Astos and Nats..brought from the other thread:

A healthy Severino and Paxton should be doggone close to the other teams top of the rotation staff and that makes Tanaka a pretty outstanding #3, wouldn't it?
I do not know what goes on inside Sevy or Paxton's heads, but there is something that limits them postseason. Both just need to get out of the 1st. Whether it means Sevy needs to rely on his FB more or Paxton his breaking balls, I don't know. It almost seems that neither is ready for the game start.



Eh. Our problem is we don't have the one horse. Sevy be a great two if he can get coa istent and stay healthy. Same for Paxton. Tanaka is a solid #3 but he needs rest..





Severino is a #1. He's off because of the injuries this year, but he is a #1. Remember, he was throwing 98/99 late in games last year into the 7th/8th inning just like Cole plus he is 24 y/o..these other guys are late 20s and middle 30s.

Paxton is damn close to a #1, but he is inconsistent. But when on his stuff is close to ace.



Eh I guess jury still out on whether sevy is an Ace. I'd still go get Cole.
Cole
Sevy
Tanaka
Paxton

That's a pretty awesome 4
Sevy  
mdthedream : 10/17/2019 3:35 pm : link
did pitch all season. He is a ace but the Yanks still need another. We need a ace that eats innings.
will Stanton DH tonight  
RasputinPrime : 10/17/2019 3:39 pm : link
is really going to be a big deal. I don't know why anyone is underestimating his importance against such a great pitching team.

We need to hit tonight. Let's get it done.
RE: will Stanton DH tonight  
Vanzetti : 10/17/2019 4:00 pm : link
In comment 14631814 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
is really going to be a big deal. I don't know why anyone is underestimating his importance against such a great pitching team.

We need to hit tonight. Let's get it done.


No one is questioning his talent. They are questioning his heart and commitment to winning
Lineup  
Mad Mike : 10/17/2019 4:13 pm : link
DJL
Judge
Hicks
Gelyber
EE
Brett
Sanchez
Gio
Didi
lonk - ( New Window )
Sheesh, Gleyber deserves proper spelling.  
Mad Mike : 10/17/2019 4:14 pm : link
Mea culpa
Back to the Corner