Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

WTF is up with Rosas?

SFGFNCGiantsFan : 11/5/2019 7:36 am
Second week in a row he missed an XP. He looked like a stud last year, but has obviously regressed this season. Dottino was on with Bro & Roberts yesterday & said the issue was between the ears. Whatever the problem is it needs to be fixed ASAP.
He kicked 4 FGs  
Tim in Eternal Blue : 11/5/2019 7:38 am : link
Yesterday and is 8-10 on the year.

He's the least of our issues.
It's his third year...  
Marianne at PSU : 11/5/2019 7:38 am : link
Is Rosas more the 2017 version or the 2018 version? This year he's the 2017 version.
I was thinking the same  
section125 : 11/5/2019 7:39 am : link
thing. I know DeOssie has been very inaccurate, and Riley has saved his tail end a few times, but the snap last night was good. That is 2 xps and a short FG..
But I will once again  
section125 : 11/5/2019 7:42 am : link
send praise toward Coach McGaughey. Special teams were again the best unit on the field last night and not because of the offensive and defensive failures. Lattimer had two great returns and the coverages have been so much better than what we have seen with Quinn....
RE: He kicked 4 FGs  
jeffusedtobeonwebtv : 11/5/2019 7:44 am : link
In comment 14664281 Tim in Eternal Blue said:
Quote:
Yesterday and is 8-10 on the year.

He's the least of our issues.


All of the field goals were actually shorter than the extra point try.
On The Missed XP  
Jim in Tampa : 11/5/2019 7:46 am : link
It was a bad snap. It still probably should have been converted, but I'm sure it threw his timing off.
Guy has not yet  
rocco8112 : 11/5/2019 7:54 am : link
been truly battle tested and remains huge question mark for me.
RE: Guy has not yet  
section125 : 11/5/2019 8:03 am : link
In comment 14664318 rocco8112 said:
Quote:
been truly battle tested and remains huge question mark for me.


What? Every kick is a test...
RE: But I will once again  
gmenatlarge : 11/5/2019 8:04 am : link
In comment 14664290 section125 said:
Quote:
send praise toward Coach McGaughey. Special teams were again the best unit on the field last night and not because of the offensive and defensive failures. Lattimer had two great returns and the coverages have been so much better than what we have seen with Quinn....


+1 Sad when special teams are the one bright spot in another dismal season.
Could it also be lack of opportunity?  
figgy2989 : 11/5/2019 8:06 am : link
Last year he was 32 of 33. At the halfway point this year, he has only attempted 10. At this pace, he is only going to attempt 20 FG's the whole year.

Rosas suddenly didn't forget how to kick. As someone mentioned above, he is the least of our problems. It is a bit concerning that he is missing PAT's, but there are bigger fish to fry with this roster.
It isn't him, the longsnapper is shaky as fuck.  
Zeke's Alibi : 11/5/2019 8:07 am : link
:
Snaps  
PEEJ : 11/5/2019 8:08 am : link
seem to be "off" more often
He wasn't great in his first year either.  
Jint Fan in Buc Land : 11/5/2019 8:28 am : link
The coronation was premature.
I'm at the games...  
BillKo : 11/5/2019 9:08 am : link
...we were watching him closely last night, he's walking/jogging very tentatively like he's got a groin issue.

That's what it seems like. Regardless, yeah, with a team like this the kicker needs to be nearly automatic. He hasn't been.
DeOssie should have retired.  
RDJR : 11/5/2019 9:09 am : link
His punt snaps have been terrible. XP and FGs not much better.
I think he's reacting to  
Matt in SGS : 11/5/2019 9:12 am : link
what he thinks is a rush coming from his right side. I saw it at the game yesterday in my seats. He's "pulling" the kicks because it looks like there is a field goal/extra point block rush coming in and he's trying to avoid it. It looks like he's not trusting his blocking unit off the side.

At the end of the day, unless you are a Morten Andersen type, kickers are fungible like middle relievers in baseball. One year they are up and great, the next they are not so good. Look at Dan Bailey on Dallas. It seemed like he'd be the kicker there for 15 years and they cut him as he regressed and they brought in this new guy with the big leg (who also missed).
RE: I think he's reacting to  
AcidTest : 11/5/2019 9:29 am : link
In comment 14664584 Matt in SGS said:
Quote:
what he thinks is a rush coming from his right side. I saw it at the game yesterday in my seats. He's "pulling" the kicks because it looks like there is a field goal/extra point block rush coming in and he's trying to avoid it. It looks like he's not trusting his blocking unit off the side.

At the end of the day, unless you are a Morten Andersen type, kickers are fungible like middle relievers in baseball. One year they are up and great, the next they are not so good. Look at Dan Bailey on Dallas. It seemed like he'd be the kicker there for 15 years and they cut him as he regressed and they brought in this new guy with the big leg (who also missed).


Agreed. I also think DeOssie's snaps have been erratic, and that is throwing off his timing.
Back to the Corner