Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Antonio Brown and Dez Bryant. Who would have thought

GMAN4LIFE : 11/7/2019 2:09 pm
who would have thought the day would come when Antonio brown would say the following (on Twitter)

Quote:
Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly ! Making money off my sweat and blood Fuck the @nfl I値l never play in that shit treat black people the worse! Clear my name and go fuck your self



And Dez Bryant would sound like the complete opposite:

Quote:
I知 not trying to go nowhere and be a starter on a team I want to contribute because I know I will be able too... I知 feeling good... in two weeks I知 going to reach out to teams and see what happens.... let痴 go X


i mean i know why Dez is being a boy scout to just land a job but still. he isn't being hateful and just crazy. I always thought Dez would be the one to act like a fool and be worse than TO. Guess i was wrong
Simple  
Br00klyn : 11/7/2019 2:11 pm : link
One has CTE, the other doesnt.
I dont think  
cjac : 11/7/2019 2:16 pm : link
AB has CTE

I think he's either bipolar or schizophrenic
RE: Simple  
Brown Recluse : 11/7/2019 2:22 pm : link
In comment 14668430 Br00klyn said:
Quote:
One has CTE, the other doesnt.


Yeah, everyone has CTE. Someone blinks the wrong way and they have CTE. Whoa, did you just fart? You must have CTE.

CTE is the cause of everything.
i really hate CTE posts  
UConn4523 : 11/7/2019 2:24 pm : link
you guys don't sound very smart.

As for AB i'm guessing he had a bad meeting today at the NFL?
Dude just can't help himself.  
allstarjim : 11/7/2019 2:26 pm : link
Just an assclown.
Dez  
Sy'56 : 11/7/2019 2:28 pm : link
has never been a bad dude. Just overly competitive and has had times where his emotions weren't controlled. But never a bad thing.

Brown has mental issues and the signs were there in college.
RE: Dez  
Leg of Theismann : 11/7/2019 3:01 pm : link
In comment 14668453 Sy'56 said:
Quote:
has never been a bad dude. Just overly competitive and has had times where his emotions weren't controlled. But never a bad thing.

Brown has mental issues and the signs were there in college.


Wasn't Dez reportedly dealing with depression and anxiety and having panic attacks at one point? I'm not saying that to be judgmental of him, I'm actually saying perhaps some of his behavior was linked to mental health issues (though nothing as extreme as schizophrenia as may be the case with AB), and maybe Dez has grown a bit and dealt with his issues in a way that he can manage his emotions better.
Dez Bryant Mental Health - ( New Window )
I'm not an expert on this stuff ...  
Beezer : 11/7/2019 3:21 pm : link
But I really don't think Brown has any sort of a mental illness. I get the feeling it's more of a situation where he's just the extreme end of immature and unable to cope with being told no.

These guys (I'm talking about all NFL players) are worshiped in some way, on some level, from the time they stand out as athletes and dominate other little kids ... junior high opponents ... high school, then college and then NFL and make the millions.

It's an unrealistic view, an extreme one of entitlement.

I don't know if Antonio Brown has a mental illness or not. But I get the impression he's simply at one end of the fucking asshole spectrum. He'll probably shoot up or beat up someone soon, out of frustration, even though he's probably still a millionaire many times over, and he'll end up on the other side of the legal system.

Wait for it. All the earmarks.
One quick internet check ...  
Beezer : 11/7/2019 3:25 pm : link
and granted sources will vary, but one source has Antonio Brown's net worth at $30 million.

He went too far with his bullshit. Got called on it. Got another chance. Got called again, and now folks don't want to risk their business product by associating with such a dickbag.

So he has these meltdowns.

Doesn't mean he's mentally ill. It might, but I'm not convinced he's anything but a fucking jerk.
RE: i really hate CTE posts  
26.2 : 11/7/2019 3:32 pm : link
In comment 14668448 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
you guys don't sound very smart.

As for AB i'm guessing he had a bad meeting today at the NFL?


Meeting is scheduled for next week. This is just a bad regular Thursday I guess.
RE: RE: Simple  
Br00klyn : 11/7/2019 3:39 pm : link
In comment 14668444 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
In comment 14668430 Br00klyn said:


Quote:


One has CTE, the other doesnt.



Yeah, everyone has CTE. Someone blinks the wrong way and they have CTE. Whoa, did you just fart? You must have CTE.

CTE is the cause of everything.


Nah not everyone, but AB seems likely
brown  
Payasdaddy : 11/7/2019 5:32 pm : link
"Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly ! Making money off my sweat and blood Fuck the @nfl I値l never play in that shit treat black people the worse! Clear my name and go fuck your self"
How about your just a fricking lunatic and not bring up race?
I am sure NFL has and does have some inherent race issues just like about everything else in the world. And that is beyond unfortunate
But brown is just a fricking mental midget, psycho, whatever he actually is. this doesnt have to do with race. This has to do with him just being so shot mentally and a piece of garbage.
Being an asshole  
Don in DC : 11/7/2019 6:09 pm : link
is not necessarily the result of mental illness.
A lot of people mention..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 11/8/2019 7:55 am : link
CTE and that Brown's behavior became bizarre after the Burfict hit, but he's had trouble following through even in his early days.

Despite being a very good high school athlete, FSU didn't even entertain him as a player. He was denied a chance to enroll there for academic reasons. When a school like Florida St turns down a guy for academics, there are flags, and they were that Brown basically blew off class his entire senior year of HS.

So what does he do? He goes to a prep school to try and get into a lower level school, gets an offer to play somewhere in the Southeast, and is expelled before taking the field as he threatened to beat up a security guard who was called to reports of a man running up and down hallways, kicking doors and threatening other students.

That's already a pretty good precursor to the type of behavior we've seen out of hm, and that had nothing to do with the Burfict hit.

It's possible he has mental illness. It is possible he's a colossal asshole. It is unlikely either of those things is due to CTE from a hit in the NFL
RE: I'm not an expert on this stuff ...  
arcarsenal : 11/8/2019 7:59 am : link
In comment 14668490 Beezer said:
Quote:
But I really don't think Brown has any sort of a mental illness. I get the feeling it's more of a situation where he's just the extreme end of immature and unable to cope with being told no.

These guys (I'm talking about all NFL players) are worshiped in some way, on some level, from the time they stand out as athletes and dominate other little kids ... junior high opponents ... high school, then college and then NFL and make the millions.

It's an unrealistic view, an extreme one of entitlement.

I don't know if Antonio Brown has a mental illness or not. But I get the impression he's simply at one end of the fucking asshole spectrum. He'll probably shoot up or beat up someone soon, out of frustration, even though he's probably still a millionaire many times over, and he'll end up on the other side of the legal system.

Wait for it. All the earmarks.


His behavior goes well beyond being an asshole.

I won't speculate on whether or not the Burfict hit had any real effect on his psyche, or try to armchair diagnose him from my MacBook - but I'd say the signs are certainly there and that the way he's acted are indicative of a guy who could use some help. He's been crying out for it.
He didn't help my fantasy team that's for sure  
Jimmy Googs : 11/8/2019 8:01 am : link
Now I know how DG feels after some of his free agency picks...

:-)
RE: He didn't help my fantasy team that's for sure  
arcarsenal : 11/8/2019 8:03 am : link
In comment 14668916 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
Now I know how DG feels after some of his free agency picks...

:-)


At least Brown won't continue to hurt your team with dead money even after he's gone. :)
When the Patriots picked him up I bragged to the rest  
Jimmy Googs : 11/8/2019 8:29 am : link
of my league that I was a fantasy guru

And then after they dropped him the league rightfully so laughed in my face!
.  
arcarsenal : 11/8/2019 8:45 am : link
I have a guy in one of my leagues still carrying him. Won't give up hope that he'll come back this year. Haha.

The sick, fucked up thing about this is that he's in 1st place... and I just lost to him last week because I got a goose egg from Adam Theilen. This guy timed out on his first pick because he couldn't figure out where the 'draft player' button was in the yahoo mobile app.

Gotta love fantasy sports.
RE: Dez  
christian : 11/8/2019 8:51 am : link
In comment 14668453 Sy'56 said:
Quote:
has never been a bad dude. Just overly competitive and has had times where his emotions weren't controlled. But never a bad thing.

Brown has mental issues and the signs were there in college.


There's definitely a line where not controlling your emotions makes you a bad dude.
Link - ( New Window )
Back to the Corner