Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NGT: "At home with Baker Mayfield"

81_Great_Dane : 11/9/2019 3:42 pm
Embarrassing.

Can't blame him for taking the money but the football gods punish hubris.
I think they are kinda funny  
ron mexico : 11/9/2019 3:45 pm : link
The smoke detector one resonates with me.
RE: I think they are kinda funny  
81_Great_Dane : 11/9/2019 3:46 pm : link
In comment 14670316 ron mexico said:
Quote:
The smoke detector one resonates with me.
Perfectly good commercials except that Mayfield isn't having a good season.
They're horrible.  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 11/9/2019 3:57 pm : link
The anointing of this guy as 'The next dude' was a little hasty. And he's seems like a tool.
I saw them quite a few times before  
Sneakers O'toole : 11/9/2019 4:02 pm : link
I realized it was him. I thought it was just some schlub.
I thought we we going to See  
Vanzetti : 11/9/2019 4:36 pm : link
A really fancy double wide
.  
Banks : 11/9/2019 4:51 pm : link
I hate those commercials and never could stand him. I hope he gets the Madden cover next year
RE: .  
FStubbs : 11/9/2019 5:02 pm : link
In comment 14670371 Banks said:
Quote:
I hate those commercials and never could stand him. I hope he gets the Madden cover next year


With the season he's having, I doubt it.

At this rate, Lamar Jackson is almost assuredly getting that cover.
His girlfriend is hot.  
cosmicj : 11/9/2019 5:23 pm : link
.
RE: His girlfriend is hot.  
Bernie : 11/9/2019 8:01 pm : link
In comment 14670405 cosmicj said:
Quote:
.


Actually it's his wife and I agree!
cant blame a young guy for striking when the iron is hot  
OdellBeckhamJr : 11/9/2019 10:41 pm : link
but i agree get that loser off my tv screen
RE: cant blame a young guy for striking when the iron is hot  
BlueLou'sBack : 11/10/2019 5:24 am : link
In comment 14670574 OdellBeckhamJr said:
Quote:
but i agree get that loser off my tv screen


You're not much into irony, I take it?
What's even funnier is that  
Bubba : 11/10/2019 7:00 am : link
now he pops up on my BBI ads due to the content.
There is nothing wrong with the commercial  
Mike from Ohio : 11/10/2019 7:13 am : link
And making them is not some act of hubris. People get worked up about silliest things.

You can like or hate or not care about Mayfield, but the commercial is not in any way self aggrandizing. I think there pretty good as far as commercials go. I liked the circuit breaker one.
Hubris?  
Jimmy Googs : 11/10/2019 7:28 am : link
You're right...the audacity of a pro football player to make some tv commercials!




(eye rolling...)
RE: RE: cant blame a young guy for striking when the iron is hot  
OdellBeckhamJr : 11/10/2019 11:42 am : link
In comment 14670599 BlueLou'sBack said:
Quote:
In comment 14670574 OdellBeckhamJr said:


Quote:


but i agree get that loser off my tv screen



You're not much into irony, I take it?


you're not much into sarcasm, I take it?
itís not like he comes off as some bad ass all star in them  
ron mexico : 11/10/2019 11:43 am : link
It works well with him as the young dumb guy in over his head.
RE: RE: RE: cant blame a young guy for striking when the iron is hot  
Diver_Down : 11/10/2019 11:53 am : link
In comment 14670827 OdellBeckhamJr said:
Quote:
In comment 14670599 BlueLou'sBack said:


Quote:


In comment 14670574 OdellBeckhamJr said:


Quote:


but i agree get that loser off my tv screen



You're not much into irony, I take it?



you're not much into sarcasm, I take it?


You missed Lou's point. Your handle is OBJ making the comment "get that loser off my tv screen". That is the definition of irony. Some would make the case who the biggest loser is - Baker or Odell?

You might want to look into seeing if Eric can change your handle so you don't get tripped up calling other players losers when the handle of your choice is the very definition.
RE: RE: RE: RE: cant blame a young guy for striking when the iron is hot  
OdellBeckhamJr : 11/10/2019 11:57 am : link
In comment 14670838 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14670827 OdellBeckhamJr said:


Quote:


In comment 14670599 BlueLou'sBack said:


Quote:


In comment 14670574 OdellBeckhamJr said:


Quote:


but i agree get that loser off my tv screen



You're not much into irony, I take it?



you're not much into sarcasm, I take it?



You missed Lou's point. Your handle is OBJ making the comment "get that loser off my tv screen". That is the definition of irony. Some would make the case who the biggest loser is - Baker or Odell?

You might want to look into seeing if Eric can change your handle so you don't get tripped up calling other players losers when the handle of your choice is the very definition.


lol alright I see Lou's point then, my handle doesn't define me or my comments. the fact that others do is pretty funny
Back to the Corner