Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: Looking for a new 4K TV this month

spike : 11/9/2019 9:07 pm
Got any suggestions?

since it will be 4K, we want something in the 70 inch range in size
Suggest you check CNET reviews.  
Giant John : 11/9/2019 9:20 pm : link
Itís free and a good resource. Lots of options depending on your budget.
Thereís so many to recommend  
UConn4523 : 11/9/2019 10:21 pm : link
you really need to post your budget, otherwise the advice is pointless. If itís $800 youíll have stan coming here recommending a unit 5x that.
less than $2000  
spike : 11/9/2019 10:37 pm : link
.
Gotta go 65 inch samsung.  
GiantAce : 11/9/2019 11:30 pm : link
.
Iím in the market as well  
aimrocky : 11/10/2019 6:22 am : link
And settled on OLED, Sony or LG. Sonyís use LGís screen but have a superior processor, so if pricing is close Iíll go Sony.

Hereís a review of the Sony 9G. The 8G is on sale through Amazon for under $2k. The difference between these two models is the imax feature, which has limited content, and sound emanating from the screen. If you have a sound bar or AV receiver, you donít need the sound enhancement.

Iím waiting for Black Friday to see if the price drops any lower.
Sony OLED review - ( New Window )
I was in Sams Club on Friday...  
EricJ : 11/10/2019 6:23 am : link
and was shocked to see some 60" 4k TVs for under $500
Also looking for a new TV  
Chiefgiant : 11/10/2019 7:36 am : link
Still trying to decide between OLED and QLED. Seems like they are bothe great but with Q being a bit cheaper
RE: Iím in the market as well  
spike : 11/10/2019 7:52 am : link
In comment 14670606 aimrocky said:
Quote:
And settled on OLED, Sony or LG. Sonyís use LGís screen but have a superior processor, so if pricing is close Iíll go Sony.

Hereís a review of the Sony 9G. The 8G is on sale through Amazon for under $2k. The difference between these two models is the imax feature, which has limited content, and sound emanating from the screen. If you have a sound bar or AV receiver, you donít need the sound enhancement.

Iím waiting for Black Friday to see if the price drops any lower. Sony OLED review - ( New Window )


It looks like it will be between LG and Sony OLED 65 inch for me as well. I"m considering Sony A8G (don't need the Google voice asst from A9G) versus LG C9 series

I got a 65" LG OLED  
rebel yell : 11/10/2019 8:03 am : link
six months ago and couldn't be happier. Amazing picture. I didn't get the top end processor and bought it on sale at the Navy Exchange. It was below $2K and worth every penny.
RE: Also looking for a new TV  
UConn4523 : 11/10/2019 8:05 am : link
In comment 14670634 Chiefgiant said:
Quote:
Still trying to decide between OLED and QLED. Seems like they are bothe great but with Q being a bit cheaper


They are very different in how they light. Personally I donít think the upgrade from traditional 4K to QLED is worth the price (unless you find a good deal) but the next step to OLED is noticeable.

Just make sure you buy your TV from a place that you can easily take it back to. OLED panels still have issues so itís very much still ďluck of the drawĒ which is why buying from Best Buy is likely easier than from Amazon.
I was having diner  
Mark from Jersey : 11/10/2019 8:38 am : link
last night at a restaurant and there was a newer Samsung near us. Picture was incredible.

Best thing to do is go to Costco or Best Buy just look at all of them...go on a Saturday or Sunday as there will likely be football on.
Samsung Q80R  
GerryL : 11/10/2019 9:06 am : link
FYI: The higher end Samsung Q80 QLED line is on sale now everywhere, manufacturer discount. This is a higher line than the QLED you see in Costco (better viewing angle is one of the extras). I've had my eye on it for a while, and finally bit the bullet.

For great detailed TV reviews I gravitate towards reading http://www.rtings.com
Wait!!!! last year around Xmas  
superspynyg : 11/10/2019 9:06 am : link
I got a 75 inch Sony F900 for 1750. Normally $2200-2300.
Tvs go on sale around Xmas I got mine 12/17 ish).
Thanks UCONN  
Chiefgiant : 11/10/2019 9:24 am : link
Still need to do research on it. I went to Best But and purely on my eye test, the OLED looked the best.
FYI  
XBRONX : 11/10/2019 9:42 am : link
Best Buy has a 55" Samsung 8K QLED for $2499.99. 4K prices will all be going down.
Personally I wouldnít go near Samsung  
bluesince56 : 11/10/2019 12:21 pm : link
Bought a stove, failed. After two years got rid of it. Washer and dyer. Both needed repair. TV, serviced after three months. Took two months to get part. Just bought a Sony 950 4K 65 inch. Love it. Also, Samsung has NO customer service. All they tell you is ďread the manualĒ. Even a guy at Bestbuy told me how bad their customer service is.
RE: Personally I wouldnít go near Samsung  
BigBlue2007 : 11/10/2019 12:57 pm : link
In comment 14670860 bluesince56 said:
Quote:
Bought a stove, failed. After two years got rid of it. Washer and dyer. Both needed repair. TV, serviced after three months. Took two months to get part. Just bought a Sony 950 4K 65 inch. Love it. Also, Samsung has NO customer service. All they tell you is ďread the manualĒ. Even a guy at Bestbuy told me how bad their customer service is.


I agree Sony 900 series as well and the color is superior to Samsung.
Back to the Corner