for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Coughlin advising Rhule

Boatie Warrant : 1/14/2020 2:08 pm
Am I the only one who didn't know this??

What are your thoughts?
Link - ( New Window )
Whoís  
flycatcher : 1/14/2020 2:12 pm : link
Rhule?
RE: Whoís  
Mr. Bungle : 1/14/2020 2:13 pm : link
In comment 14778870 flycatcher said:
Quote:
Rhule?

Matt Rhule, the new head coach of the Carolina Panthers, as explained in the linked article.
I didnít know  
Saquads26 : 1/14/2020 2:15 pm : link
And I donít care. Why would I?
TC  
Matt in SGS : 1/14/2020 2:16 pm : link
transitioning into the "Accorsi consulting role". At his age and where he took the fall for Jacksonville's struggles and the CBA violations, I think Coughlin is done as a full time NFL front office type. But in advisory roles, it's probably a sweet spot for the next 5 or so years as he's up to it.
He's dead to us.  
section125 : 1/14/2020 2:16 pm : link
Dead.
Interesting.  
Ryan in Albany : 1/14/2020 2:16 pm : link
But I couldn't care less.
Matt don't worry about those silly CBA rules about voluntary workouts  
Blue Dream : 1/14/2020 2:20 pm : link
etc. No one pays attention to those
Great..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/14/2020 2:20 pm : link
somewhere on the Panthers board, a "cy in va" is espousing crap about "Panthers Central"
I find it interesting  
Boatie Warrant : 1/14/2020 2:22 pm : link
I loved Coughlin and I wanted Rhule but very happy with Joe Judge. I would think this can only help Rhule organize his staff at the NFL level.
Who cares?  
Section331 : 1/14/2020 2:22 pm : link
?
RE: I didnít know  
Metnut : 1/14/2020 2:23 pm : link
In comment 14778875 Saquads26 said:
Quote:
And I donít care. Why would I?


Coughlin was the coach of the Giants when they won two superbowls.
Well  
Nine-Tails : 1/14/2020 2:23 pm : link
Judge has Bill and Saban
RE: RE: Whoís  
flycatcher : 1/14/2020 2:25 pm : link
In comment 14778872 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
In comment 14778870 flycatcher said:


Quote:


Rhule?


Matt Rhule, the new head coach of the Carolina Panthers, as explained in the linked article.

Never heard of this person.
I still think Coughlin fits as an NCAA head coach somewhere  
Chris684 : 1/14/2020 2:28 pm : link
I think a lot of his beliefs would now work better with younger kids that can still be molded.

I think the new CBA was a kill shot to Coughlin's ways in the NFL.
RE: I still think Coughlin fits as an NCAA head coach somewhere  
Rudy5757 : 1/14/2020 2:35 pm : link
In comment 14778904 Chris684 said:
Quote:
I think a lot of his beliefs would now work better with younger kids that can still be molded.

I think the new CBA was a kill shot to Coughlin's ways in the NFL.


He also fits in a retirement community. I love the guy for what he did but its time for him to settle down. His style is not working in the NFL anymore and at this point he needs get better at golf.
Good to know  
Giant John : 1/14/2020 2:35 pm : link
He has something to do.
no wonder Gillbride Jr got a job  
Rflairr : 1/14/2020 2:39 pm : link
.
RE: no wonder Gillbride Jr got a job  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/14/2020 2:42 pm : link
In comment 14778916 Rflairr said:
Quote:
.


LOL. Considering Gilbride Jr. was a WR coach at Temple while Rhule was there - that probably is more of the connection, but nice try, Sherlock
RE: Great..  
speedywheels : 1/14/2020 2:43 pm : link
In comment 14778885 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
somewhere on the Panthers board, a "cy in va" is espousing crap about "Panthers Central"


haha!!
RE: I still think Coughlin fits as an NCAA head coach somewhere  
Mr. Bungle : 1/14/2020 2:46 pm : link
In comment 14778904 Chris684 said:
Quote:
I think a lot of his beliefs would now work better with younger kids that can still be molded.

I think the new CBA was a kill shot to Coughlin's ways in the NFL.

I don't really see college kids connecting with a 74-year-old barking Vince Lombardi quotes at them.
GuessTC is a little bitter about mistreatment by the Giants at the end  
TMS : 1/14/2020 2:51 pm : link
Surprised because I thought he bled Giants blue even after that episode. Guess not. You never know ?
RE: GuessTC is a little bitter about mistreatment by the Giants at the end  
an_idol_mind : 1/14/2020 2:56 pm : link
In comment 14778942 TMS said:
Quote:
Surprised because I thought he bled Giants blue even after that episode. Guess not. You never know ?


How the hell does this have anything to do with the Giants? Rhule was on Coughlin's staff, and Coughlin is willing to help a friend.

This doesn't sound all that different from the consulting he did during his time off from head coaching in 2003, except for the fact that he's helping a younger coach get acclimated.
RE: Great..  
Joey in VA : 1/14/2020 3:01 pm : link
In comment 14778885 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
somewhere on the Panthers board, a "cy in va" is espousing crap about "Panthers Central"
It has to be a snarky way to say Panthers. Kittens Central?
RE: RE: Great..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/14/2020 3:02 pm : link
In comment 14778956 Joey in VA said:
Quote:
In comment 14778885 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


somewhere on the Panthers board, a "cy in va" is espousing crap about "Panthers Central"

It has to be a snarky way to say Panthers. Kittens Central?


That's true. Maybe some snark and a little raunch: Pussy Central?? Disparages in more ways than one!
TC was one of his mentors  
mdc1 : 1/14/2020 4:10 pm : link
I guess some did not listen to that podcast in which Rhule said those words.
RE: TC  
Ira : 1/14/2020 4:45 pm : link
In comment 14778876 Matt in SGS said:
Quote:
transitioning into the "Accorsi consulting role". At his age and where he took the fall for Jacksonville's struggles and the CBA violations, I think Coughlin is done as a full time NFL front office type. But in advisory roles, it's probably a sweet spot for the next 5 or so years as he's up to it.


Good point. It is a good fit for him and I'm happy for one of the best coaches the Giants ever had.
Coughlin the great communicator?  
Gman11 : 1/14/2020 4:51 pm : link
Quote:
thought coach Coughlin was amazing at his ability to get his message across to the entire team by visiting with one guy at a time


Wasn't it Coughlin's wife that helped him communicate with his players? Coughlin was about to get the ax and the biggest reason was the way he related to his players. Then his wife came up with the idea of the player's council. At least that's how I remember it, but I could be wrong.
Wonder if we will see DeFillippo as OC in Carolina  
TheWalrus : 1/14/2020 5:00 pm : link
Between his connections to Rhule and to Coughlin it would make a ton of sense for him to land there.
RE: RE: GuessTC is a little bitter about mistreatment by the Giants at the end  
TMS : 1/14/2020 5:44 pm : link
In comment 14778945 an_idol_mind said:
Quote:
In comment 14778942 TMS said:


Quote:


Surprised because I thought he bled Giants blue even after that episode. Guess not. You never know ?



How the hell does this have anything to do with the Giants? Rhule was on Coughlin's staff, and Coughlin is willing to help a friend.

This doesn't sound all that different from the consulting he did during his time off from head coaching in 2003, except for the fact that he's helping a younger coach get acclimated.
. Think that is BS. Believe what you want. Mara was his biggest supporter for years. He learned his trade with the Giants. Carolina can have him now.
RE: Coughlin the great communicator?  
an_idol_mind : 1/14/2020 5:52 pm : link
In comment 14779169 Gman11 said:
Quote:


Quote:


thought coach Coughlin was amazing at his ability to get his message across to the entire team by visiting with one guy at a time



Wasn't it Coughlin's wife that helped him communicate with his players? Coughlin was about to get the ax and the biggest reason was the way he related to his players. Then his wife came up with the idea of the player's council. At least that's how I remember it, but I could be wrong.


You are wrong.
RE: Coughlin the great communicator?  
Mike in NY : 1/14/2020 6:14 pm : link
In comment 14779169 Gman11 said:
Quote:


Quote:


thought coach Coughlin was amazing at his ability to get his message across to the entire team by visiting with one guy at a time



Wasn't it Coughlin's wife that helped him communicate with his players? Coughlin was about to get the ax and the biggest reason was the way he related to his players. Then his wife came up with the idea of the player's council. At least that's how I remember it, but I could be wrong.


His wife didn't suggest players council. She suggested that he reflect on why he is different around his family than his players
If I were Tepper, I'm telling Rhule at 9 mil per  
BlueLou'sBack : 1/14/2020 6:20 pm : link
for seven years he better fucking well pay TC's consulting fees out of his own pocket.
I'll side step the negative and follow up with an observation...  
nzyme : 1/14/2020 7:23 pm : link
Panther's ownership must have SOME reservations as to Rhule's ability to hit the ground running with all that control if they've asked Coughlin to temporarily come back in an advisory role.

Back to the Corner