for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Arron Rodgers press conference

giant power : 1/20/2020 10:26 am
I do not know how many of you watched Rodgers press conference, but the dude said: We played these guys twice in their building, we have to get one of these games at home in the 20 degree weather and the snow where the conditions come into play. I think the man is delusional. They just lost to a team with a suffocating D and an offense that ran the ball 8 times the entire game. They ran the ball down their throats for 300 yards. Sounds like the perfect game plan for cold weather football to me.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Now has a clear path in the offseason to the  
I Love Clams Casino : 1/20/2020 11:02 am : link
Midwest night club scene
There was a stat shown before the game  
David B. : 1/20/2020 11:03 am : link
Rodgers is 0-4 against teams with top-10 defenses in the playoffs. Now he's 0-5.
RE: Rodgers wanted no part of that pass rush  
nzyme : 1/20/2020 11:08 am : link
In comment 14786779 arniefez said:
Quote:
Eli Manning in SF he is not.


I remember that game fondly. Eli took a freaking beating that game! I think every one of those 7 sacks were hard clean shots. This is why I appreciate the hell out of Eli. Such a gamer!!!
Rodgers is a douche, but  
rebel yell : 1/20/2020 11:13 am : link
he's the least of their problems. I was blown away at how bad their defense played. The holes SF's OL was opening up were massive. It was almost like GB didn't have a DL. It made fora really pathetic NFC Championship game.
SF is built to play in the snow  
gtt350 : 1/20/2020 11:28 am : link
they would think they were on vacation
RE: He knows that a running game  
Eman11 : 1/20/2020 11:30 am : link
In comment 14786810 McNally's_Nuts said:
Quote:
travels anywhere, right?


It sure doesn't sound like he does.
RE: Their whole team played like shit  
BlueLou'sBack : 1/20/2020 11:31 am : link
In comment 14786793 allstarjim said:
Quote:
They really played their worst football from what I've seen of them this year.

San Francisco were at the top of their game in all three phases. They would have beaten the Packers like a drum in Lambeau, Latvia, or Libya.


Even in Lisbon, Lebanon, Lisbourne or LaLaLand.
I'm not..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/20/2020 11:33 am : link
so sure about LaLaLand.

If Rodgers could get some of his buddies from the Midwest Gay Club scene to do musical numbers, it might distract the Niners enough where the Packers could shove it in from close range.
You wanted Rodgers to tell the truth?  
EricJ : 1/20/2020 11:39 am : link
was he supposed to say his defense sucked? His entire team did not play well so I guess pointing to home field and weather was the only way NOT to throw someone under the bus.

He had at least 1 bad INT last night too but in the end, he was not the real problem.
EricJ  
giant power : 1/20/2020 11:42 am : link
I don't think I can ever recall a QB insinuating that the weather conditions were too good for their team's success.
It's basically a holdover....  
Ryan : 1/20/2020 11:46 am : link
....from the "They didn't beat us; we beat ourselves" mantra that was rampant in the McCarthy days.
RE: SF is built to play in the snow  
jeff57 : 1/20/2020 11:48 am : link
In comment 14786869 gtt350 said:
Quote:
they would think they were on vacation


Yeah, wouldnít have helped them one bit.
RE: It's basically a holdover....  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/20/2020 11:49 am : link
In comment 14786900 Ryan said:
Quote:
....from the "They didn't beat us; we beat ourselves" mantra that was rampant in the McCarthy days.


Yep. They tried to pull that shit when we crushed them in Lambeau and the only way they got anything going was compliments of Bill Leavy!
This thread makes me feel so  
Motley Two : 1/20/2020 11:53 am : link
Before anyone buries Rogers  
Ron Johnson : 1/20/2020 11:53 am : link
let's see what Mahomes does with that D.

I don't think it's going to go well
RE: I'm not..  
BlueLou'sBack : 1/20/2020 11:54 am : link
In comment 14786876 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
so sure about LaLaLand.

If Rodgers could get some of his buddies from the Midwest Gay Club scene to do musical numbers, it might distract the Niners enough where the Packers could shove it in from close range.


If I were more of a smartass, Fats, I'd say that comment is below you.

;)
Dude is punk.  
Motley Two : 1/20/2020 11:55 am : link
Has been for quite some time.
RE: Before anyone buries Rogers  
BlueLou'sBack : 1/20/2020 11:58 am : link
In comment 14786925 Ron Johnson said:
Quote:
let's see what Mahomes does with that D.

I don't think it's going to go well


Mahomes right now is playing like Rodgers did a half dozen years ago. Running for big yards on top of freaky passing from all platforms.

Still, KC's defense is suspect. Let's see what Spags can scheme up, especially if KC doesn't jump out to a lead.

Spags' blitz schemes work a hell of a lot better playing from the lead...
Come on, there is nothing wrong with what he said.  
Section331 : 1/20/2020 12:00 pm : link
Get home field, it is what every contender strives for. Would it have made a difference? Probably not, given how SF thrashed the GB D in the run game,, but making them play in sub-freezing weather might make a difference.
RE: RE: Before anyone buries Rogers  
Ron Johnson : 1/20/2020 12:16 pm : link
In comment 14786935 BlueLou'sBack said:
Quote:
In comment 14786925 Ron Johnson said:


Quote:


let's see what Mahomes does with that D.

I don't think it's going to go well



Mahomes right now is playing like Rodgers did a half dozen years ago. Running for big yards on top of freaky passing from all platforms.

Still, KC's defense is suspect. Let's see what Spags can scheme up, especially if KC doesn't jump out to a lead.

Spags' blitz schemes work a hell of a lot better playing from the lead...


Mahomes has weapons now that are comparable to anything Rogers has had in the past. It will be interesting to see if he can find open receivers before the formidable SF rush can get to him.
have never been a fan of his  
RasputinPrime : 1/20/2020 12:26 pm : link
but he is a HOF QB and what he has said doesn't offend.

Winning team sports is tough.
KC has 2 weeks to come up with a creative defensive gameplan that  
morrison40 : 1/20/2020 12:29 pm : link
Green Bay didnít even bother doing at all.
Section331  
giant power : 1/20/2020 12:44 pm : link
That cold weather rap would be relevant if Rodgers had just just lost to a high-flying offense like KC. Yes, bad weather conditions can certainly help to slow down an offense like that. It holds no water against a team that threw just 8 passes the entire game and ran the ball down your throat. And how exactly would sub zero conditions resurrect the Packer's offense against that Niner D?
What is said in a press conference after a game is meaningless  
Mike from Ohio : 1/20/2020 12:46 pm : link
What is he supposed to say..."Man, those guys are way better than us. Hopefully next year they get hit with a bunch of injuries so we don't have to see them again?"

He is trying to save face for the team after a bad defeat. Doesn't really show he is clueless or a dickbag (although he is almost certainly the latter for many other reasons).
RE: What is said in a press conference after a game is meaningless  
crick n NC : 1/20/2020 12:56 pm : link
In comment 14787022 Mike from Ohio said:
Quote:
What is he supposed to say..."Man, those guys are way better than us. Hopefully next year they get hit with a bunch of injuries so we don't have to see them again?"

He is trying to save face for the team after a bad defeat. Doesn't really show he is clueless or a dickbag (although he is almost certainly the latter for many other reasons).


I disagree. It isn't difficult to give proper credit to your opponent that beat you. The better team lost is petty.
Loved him and the Packers  
rocco8112 : 1/20/2020 1:17 pm : link
getting their asses kicked yesterday. No one player can win a football game, that is a stone cold fact. Rodgers, is one of the most talented QB's ever and a champion.
.

He just is not talented enough to bring his underdog squad into a hostile stadium against an elite physical NFL defense and get a W. This is not a knock, that is a very special accomplishment.

2010, they won in Chicago when the D delivered the victory by dominating the third string QB and the nose-tackle had a pick six.

One of the most talented ever, no doubt though.

RE: RE: What is said in a press conference after a game is meaningless  
Mike from Ohio : 1/20/2020 1:18 pm : link
In comment 14787036 crick n NC said:
Quote:
In comment 14787022 Mike from Ohio said:


Quote:


What is he supposed to say..."Man, those guys are way better than us. Hopefully next year they get hit with a bunch of injuries so we don't have to see them again?"

He is trying to save face for the team after a bad defeat. Doesn't really show he is clueless or a dickbag (although he is almost certainly the latter for many other reasons).



I disagree. It isn't difficult to give proper credit to your opponent that beat you. The better team lost is petty.


The actual quote in the OP was "We played these guys twice in their building, we have to get one of these games at home in the 20 degree weather and the snow where the conditions come into play."

I don't hear him saying the better team lost. He is saying they weren't good enough to get home field advantage. All he is doing is implying they would have a better chance playing at Lambeau.
RE: HOF QB lost a chamionship game  
Mdgiantsfan : 1/20/2020 1:25 pm : link
In comment 14786788 WideRight said:
Quote:
and said something meaningless after the game. NBD.

And BTW, he is right. If they are good enough to host a home champioship game, then they will be good enough not to be victims of a suffocating D.


So when they were the #1 seed in 2011 and host Big Blue, that home field advantage didn't serve them well then either.

For as great as Rodgers and Brees are, they each only have one SB appearance each. Despite the fact that they play in NFC and not having to get through Brady or Manning during their tenure. And yet it always seems to be someone's fault that they haven't played in more SBs.
RE: RE: RE: What is said in a press conference after a game is meaningless  
crick n NC : 1/20/2020 1:30 pm : link
In comment 14787059 Mike from Ohio said:
Quote:
In comment 14787036 crick n NC said:


Quote:


In comment 14787022 Mike from Ohio said:


Quote:


What is he supposed to say..."Man, those guys are way better than us. Hopefully next year they get hit with a bunch of injuries so we don't have to see them again?"

He is trying to save face for the team after a bad defeat. Doesn't really show he is clueless or a dickbag (although he is almost certainly the latter for many other reasons).



I disagree. It isn't difficult to give proper credit to your opponent that beat you. The better team lost is petty.



The actual quote in the OP was "We played these guys twice in their building, we have to get one of these games at home in the 20 degree weather and the snow where the conditions come into play."

I don't hear him saying the better team lost. He is saying they weren't good enough to get home field advantage. All he is doing is implying they would have a better chance playing at Lambeau.


Mike, I watched the PC just now. You're right, lazy on my part.
The Packers were soft against the run all year and then  
Zeke's Alibi : 1/20/2020 2:05 pm : link
They ran into a team that can run the ball at will. I mean this is what football is still all about.
RE: RE: It's basically a holdover....  
Matt M. : 1/20/2020 2:18 pm : link
In comment 14786909 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
In comment 14786900 Ryan said:


Quote:


....from the "They didn't beat us; we beat ourselves" mantra that was rampant in the McCarthy days.



Yep. They tried to pull that shit when we crushed them in Lambeau and the only way they got anything going was compliments of Bill Leavy!
Ugh. Just re-watched that game. It was ridiculous how many calls (and non-calls) went their way. There were only so many challenges available. Yet, we still beat the crap out of them.

For me, that game was summed up by the Hail Mary. We ran the best textbook execution of the play I've ever seen and the Packers played it straight up, as if that play wasn't possible. They were not prepared at all and didn't adjust either.
Stadiums  
Hazlet Giant's Fan : 1/20/2020 3:22 pm : link
I've been to games in Latvia and LIbiya both nicer then MetLife
Aaron  
VinegarPeppers : 1/20/2020 3:40 pm : link
to be picky
Rodgersí fumble  
RobCarpenter : 1/20/2020 4:34 pm : link
Just when they could have made it a game had to have been crushing for the team. Not sure how thatís less likely to happen in cold weather?
He is delusional  
giantsfan227B : 1/20/2020 4:48 pm : link
Running the ball and stopping the run works in any weather. Rushing only 4 guys and putting that amount of pressure doesn't change when the weather gets colder. And in super cold weather, you want to run the ball MORE. Maybe Garropolo doesn't pass it at all over there. And do you think the GB defense is going to tackle the SF runners easier in 20 degree weather?
RE: Overrated  
Diver_Down : 1/20/2020 5:17 pm : link
In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...


When you get the call, be sure to wake up Warren Moon who has been sleeping on his couch for 20 years retired waiting for the "Generational QB" to pass him. Rodgers is a fraud.
RE: RE: Overrated  
Jimmy Googs : 1/20/2020 9:14 pm : link
In comment 14787359 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...



When you get the call, be sure to wake up Warren Moon who has been sleeping on his couch for 20 years retired waiting for the "Generational QB" to pass him. Rodgers is a fraud.


Huh?..don't honestly follow
RE: RE: RE: Overrated  
Diver_Down : 1/21/2020 6:13 am : link
In comment 14787606 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
In comment 14787359 Diver_Down said:


Quote:


In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...



When you get the call, be sure to wake up Warren Moon who has been sleeping on his couch for 20 years retired waiting for the "Generational QB" to pass him. Rodgers is a fraud.



Huh?..don't honestly follow


I'll make it simple. AR has been in the league for 14 years. Many have bestowed the title of Generational QB and First Ballot HoF'er on him. Yet, AR still hasn't been able to best Warren Moon's benchmark of just under 50K yards all time passing - all the while, Moon has been sleeping on his couch retired for the past 20 years.

If you are going to constantly dredge up my benchmark of 50K yards as some sly snark, then be sure to follow along when I glaringly point out how he is undeserving of the accolades when he can't even achieve Top 10 rankings in all-time stats.
SB's Are Played at Home?  
HMunster : 1/21/2020 8:14 am : link
Would that be his excuse for losing a SuperBowl too?

Hey, they wouldn't have pushed us around if we played at Lambeau!
RE: RE: RE: RE: Overrated  
Cap'n Bluebeard : 1/22/2020 10:48 am : link
In comment 14787730 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14787606 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


In comment 14787359 Diver_Down said:


Quote:


In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...



When you get the call, be sure to wake up Warren Moon who has been sleeping on his couch for 20 years retired waiting for the "Generational QB" to pass him. Rodgers is a fraud.



Huh?..don't honestly follow



I'll make it simple. AR has been in the league for 14 years. Many have bestowed the title of Generational QB and First Ballot HoF'er on him. Yet, AR still hasn't been able to best Warren Moon's benchmark of just under 50K yards all time passing - all the while, Moon has been sleeping on his couch retired for the past 20 years.

If you are going to constantly dredge up my benchmark of 50K yards as some sly snark, then be sure to follow along when I glaringly point out how he is undeserving of the accolades when he can't even achieve Top 10 rankings in all-time stats.


Your point is as idiotic today as it was a few months ago when we went over this the first time. Warren Moon? He's an all-time great QB and Aaron Rodgers shreds him. Let's do a direct comparison and, obviously, the eras they played in were different but it's still not even close.

In 15 years starting, Moon threw for 49,097 Yards, 290 TD, and 233 INT. That's an average of 3,273 yards, 19 TDs and 16 INTs per season. He also rushed for 1,724 yards and 22 TDs.

Rodgers has started for 12 years. He has thrown for 46,617 yards, 364 TDs, and 84 INTs. That's an average of 3,884 yards, 30 TDs, and 7 INTs per season. He has also rushed for a total of 3,122 Yards and 28 TDs in his career.

Even adjusting for different eras, there is absolutely no comparison to be made here. He's already 8th all time in TDs while having the lowest INT% of all time. His TD% is 9th all time (tied with Russell Wilson) and ahead of: Peyton Manning, Steve Young, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees. He's tops all-time in Passer Rating. He'll most likely top your arbitrary 50,000 yard mark next year (passing Moon) and should be in the Top 10 in two years, at the latest.

It's fine to say he's not THE best QB of all-time, but to not even acknowledge that he's in the conversation is just willful ignorance.
RE: He knows that a running game  
cjac : 1/22/2020 11:08 am : link
In comment 14786810 McNally's_Nuts said:
Quote:
travels anywhere, right?


they could have played that game in Antarctica and SF would have won
RE: Section331  
Section331 : 1/22/2020 11:59 am : link
In comment 14787018 giant power said:
Quote:
That cold weather rap would be relevant if Rodgers had just just lost to a high-flying offense like KC. Yes, bad weather conditions can certainly help to slow down an offense like that. It holds no water against a team that threw just 8 passes the entire game and ran the ball down your throat. And how exactly would sub zero conditions resurrect the Packer's offense against that Niner D?


Read my comment, I said HF likely wouldn't have made a difference, but AR putting that out as a goal for next year is what team leaders should do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. If Eli or DJ said that after a road playoff loss, no one here would bat an eye.
RE: Overrated  
Section331 : 1/22/2020 12:01 pm : link
In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...


Someone will call you next season when he eclipses 50k.
RE: RE: Overrated  
Section331 : 1/22/2020 12:07 pm : link
In comment 14787359 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...



When you get the call, be sure to wake up Warren Moon who has been sleeping on his couch for 20 years retired waiting for the "Generational QB" to pass him. Rodgers is a fraud.


Warren Moon never got to 50k, and played 40 more games than Rodgers has to this point. There's plenty to criticize Rodgers about, but some of this shit is weak tea.

12 players have more passing yards, every one has played more games than Rodgers.
RE: RE: RE: Overrated  
Diver_Down : 1/22/2020 1:20 pm : link
In comment 14789477 Section331 said:
Quote:
In comment 14787359 Diver_Down said:


Quote:


In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...



When you get the call, be sure to wake up Warren Moon who has been sleeping on his couch for 20 years retired waiting for the "Generational QB" to pass him. Rodgers is a fraud.



Warren Moon never got to 50k, and played 40 more games than Rodgers has to this point. There's plenty to criticize Rodgers about, but some of this shit is weak tea.

12 players have more passing yards, every one has played more games than Rodgers.


Then it should be a fairly low hurdle for a "Generational QB" who has been in the league for 14 years. If AR is so great, certainly he should have eclipsed some of these lesser QBs. People want to debate whether Eli is a HoF'er, but AR is a sure-fire first-ballot HoF'er. Look, I never said AR wasn't a good QB. I vehemently disagree that he is generational or great. Hence, until he eclipses the resumes of those that lead him in all-time stats, he will always be overrated.
give it a rest man  
UConn4523 : 1/22/2020 1:32 pm : link
if you don't find what he did in his prime as elite QB play that's among the best in the history of the league then there's no point in arguing. His stretch between around 09' - 16' was unreal and the only thing that slowed him down was the big injury in 2013. He threw for 268 TD's (30 per year) and 58 Ints (6.4 per year) - do you realize how off the charts that is (and that includes the injury taking away from the TD totals)?

And he's got a superbowl, so its not like he's winless there or is chasing a title to cement his legacy.

Not liking him is fine, but you aren't being honest with how good he was.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Overrated  
Cap'n Bluebeard : 1/22/2020 1:44 pm : link
In comment 14789605 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14789477 Section331 said:


Quote:


In comment 14787359 Diver_Down said:


Quote:


In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...



When you get the call, be sure to wake up Warren Moon who has been sleeping on his couch for 20 years retired waiting for the "Generational QB" to pass him. Rodgers is a fraud.



Warren Moon never got to 50k, and played 40 more games than Rodgers has to this point. There's plenty to criticize Rodgers about, but some of this shit is weak tea.

12 players have more passing yards, every one has played more games than Rodgers.



Then it should be a fairly low hurdle for a "Generational QB" who has been in the league for 14 years. If AR is so great, certainly he should have eclipsed some of these lesser QBs. People want to debate whether Eli is a HoF'er, but AR is a sure-fire first-ballot HoF'er. Look, I never said AR wasn't a good QB. I vehemently disagree that he is generational or great. Hence, until he eclipses the resumes of those that lead him in all-time stats, he will always be overrated.


Good lord. You're so fixated on the fact that he has been in the league 14 years (15, actually). He sat for three of those years behind Brett Favre, who was the heart and soul of that Green Bay team. There's simply no way ANYONE would have started over Favre so it's not like it's a knock against Rodgers that he wasn't starting earlier in his career.

Your argument is that he hasn't surpassed these other QBs. That is demonstrably false. He is already Top 10 in every stat that matters outside of yards (I would argue the least important in ranking QBs). Barring injury, he will be over 50,000 next season and in the Top 10 in two. By the time he retires, he'll most likely be Top 5 in everything despite throwing only 59 total passes during his first 3 seasons in the league. He has a very real chance of retiring with close to 500 TDs and right around 100 INTs. A 4+:1 TD:INT ratio is unheard of.

I don't even like Aaron Rodgers. He's a whiny, arrogant crybaby bitch. But he's a fantastic QB and this conversation and your stance are completely mindboggling.
thought i'd share this  
UConn4523 : 1/22/2020 1:59 pm : link
Tom Brady - career 3.02 TD:INT ratio
Peyton Manning - career career 2.14 TD:INT ratio
Drew Brees - career 2.30 TD:INT ratio

Aaron Rodgers - career 4.33 TD:INT ratio

I mean, its laughable how much more efficient he's been than everyone else. But yeah, lets focus on total yards...
RE: RE: Overrated  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/22/2020 2:04 pm : link
In comment 14787359 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14786801 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


Hasnít even thrown for 50,000 yards in his career.

Call me when he does...



When you get the call, be sure to wake up Warren Moon who has been sleeping on his couch for 20 years retired waiting for the "Generational QB" to pass him. Rodgers is a fraud.

If only you had tapes to not blackmail him.
RE: thought i'd share this  
Cap'n Bluebeard : 1/22/2020 2:16 pm : link
In comment 14789669 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
Tom Brady - career 3.02 TD:INT ratio
Peyton Manning - career career 2.14 TD:INT ratio
Drew Brees - career 2.30 TD:INT ratio

Aaron Rodgers - career 4.33 TD:INT ratio

I mean, its laughable how much more efficient he's been than everyone else. But yeah, lets focus on total yards...


He has to focus on that because it's literally the only metric Aaron Rodgers isn't already in the Top 10 in. Despite missing 3 seasons sitting behind Favre.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner