for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: NY Mets, where do we go from here....

Rory : 1/20/2020 4:18 pm
Alot of chatter of Marte trade talks again from Pittsburgh which I'm not sure is the best COA with the glut of outfielders we already have.

But more importantly, who manages this team in 2020. Eduardo Perez is now being looked at the the Astros and Hensley Mulens is being considered by the Redsox. Luis Rojas is less then inspiring and I'm not sure how how you can go back to guys like Bogar/Shelton who are already planning for their respective teams spring training.

That leave Terry Collins but doesn't that go against the analytics theme that BVV has been striving for?

If Mulens leaves for Boston and Perez goes to Astros, options are even more limited and we would have to hire another bench coach.

Alot of fans want Buck or Dusty but I think there is a reason why those guys are still available, I'm not convinced Buck even wants to manage the Mets

Need to act soon.

My vote give it to Mulens and let him pick his own bench coach to build camaraderie.
Luis Rojas  
Rflairr : 1/20/2020 4:20 pm : link
There is plenty of experience on the staff. Name him manager, and lets get going
What a pitiable mess  
BigBluesman : 1/20/2020 4:29 pm : link
Manager-hiring season is well over and the Mets find themselves competing with the other teams who had to fire their managers over this same issue, and they are both big market teams with attractive opportunities. I actually really feel bad for them on this one. Hope its a blessing in disguise for them.
I donít get it, Perez was allegedly the other finalist  
bhill410 : 1/20/2020 4:38 pm : link
In the fall and apparently the Mets havenít reached out once after they fired Beltran. How do you go from almost hiring someone to having zero interest .
..  
Named Later : 1/20/2020 4:39 pm : link
I'd like to see Tony DeFrancesco get the job. Managed at SYR last year, and he's won championships at AAA. He knows our players and front office personnel.

Let's Go. Mets.

Luis Rojas NOT!!!!!!!!!!!  
giantsfan227B : 1/20/2020 4:42 pm : link
I want no part of him. If he was so wonderful he would have gotten the job before Collins, Calloway and at least made it to the final round this time. This has desperation written all over it. Nice guy. Team likes him. This team is trying to win right now. A first time manager with very little gravitas is not what they need.

I would go after Bochy, Clint Hurdle (yes I am aware said he has retired), Perez. What about Fredi Gonzalex? I know he has had mixed success. But he has managed in the playoffs and knows the east. They need to bring in experience
I think the Marte talks are nothing more than a diversion to  
No Where Man : 1/20/2020 4:44 pm : link
the Beltran fiascoÖ.with no real substance.....
RE: I donít get it, Perez was allegedly the other finalist  
Jim in Fairfax : 1/20/2020 5:10 pm : link
In comment 14787304 bhill410 said:
Quote:
In the fall and apparently the Mets havenít reached out once after they fired Beltran. How do you go from almost hiring someone to having zero interest .


Allegedly ≠ True
It's strange,  
Pete in MD : 1/20/2020 5:32 pm : link
a lot of the guys they interviewed a few months ago are still available and multiple people on the staff have the credentials. Only Shelton took a managerial job elsewhere. Someone out of Perez, Bogar, Rojas, Murphy, DeFrancesco, or Meulens should be able to manage the team. It's not like Beltran was the only candidate.
RE: It's strange,  
Rflairr : 1/20/2020 5:37 pm : link
In comment 14787372 Pete in MD said:
Quote:
a lot of the guys they interviewed a few months ago are still available and multiple people on the staff have the credentials. Only Shelton took a managerial job elsewhere. Someone out of Perez, Bogar, Rojas, Murphy, DeFrancesco, or Meulens should be able to manage the team. It's not like Beltran was the only candidate.


They know they love Rojas. Might as well stop the bs. And just give it to him
In related news,  
Pete in MD : 1/20/2020 5:45 pm : link
Cespedes just posted a workout video on Twitter (again.)
Link - ( New Window )
RE: Luis Rojas NOT!!!!!!!!!!!  
Rory : 1/20/2020 5:55 pm : link
In comment 14787311 giantsfan227B said:
Quote:
I want no part of him. If he was so wonderful he would have gotten the job before Collins, Calloway and at least made it to the final round this time. This has desperation written all over it. Nice guy. Team likes him. This team is trying to win right now. A first time manager with very little gravitas is not what they need.

I would go after Bochy, Clint Hurdle (yes I am aware said he has retired), Perez. What about Fredi Gonzalex? I know he has had mixed success. But he has managed in the playoffs and knows the east. They need to bring in experience


wow, calm down

If they like Rojas, and feel he is a good fit then it will be Rojas. You dont think there is immense pressure for BVV to get this right?

I just dont want to lose Mulens, I felt he was a huge addition.
I would prefer  
Pete in MD : 1/20/2020 6:07 pm : link
Muelens, then they could move Rojas to bench coach or DeFrancesco to bench and Rojas to first base coach. Muelens is due for a manager job anyway.
Luis Rojas has baseball in his genes  
Vanzetti : 1/20/2020 7:16 pm : link
His father is Felipe Alou and his brother is Moises Alou

Way better choice than Perez, whose father is Tony Perez. But who has little managerial experience

Luis has managed throughout the system and done well. He has managed most of the young guys on the team. Give him the job already
RE: In related news,  
speedywheels : 1/20/2020 7:21 pm : link
In comment 14787384 Pete in MD said:
Quote:
Cespedes just posted a workout video on Twitter (again.) Link - ( New Window )


Hopefully he doesn't fall into any holes between now and ST....
RE: RE: In related news,  
Mike in NY : 1/20/2020 7:25 pm : link
In comment 14787494 speedywheels said:
Quote:
In comment 14787384 Pete in MD said:


Quote:


Cespedes just posted a workout video on Twitter (again.) Link - ( New Window )



Hopefully he doesn't fall into any holes between now and ST....


Or have to fend off boars
.  
Pete in MD : 1/20/2020 10:51 pm : link
Mike Puma
@NYPost_Mets
Coming shortly an update on the Mets managerial search and how the impending ownership change is affecting the process.
Missed the update,  
Pete in MD : 1/20/2020 10:57 pm : link
it's not much. Of courseBrodie doesn't want to look stupid to the new owner.
Metsí fear of future owner Steve Cohen is taking over manager search - ( New Window )
this org always thinks of everything except the obvious - WIN GAMES  
Eric on Li : 1/20/2020 11:14 pm : link
all of the BS they worry about - who gets the back page, attendance, buzz, respect, not being outclassed by the Yankees, etc. It's not rocket science. Just win on the field.

This current FO has only been here for a year and they seem to be infected with the same stupidity. Want job security? Win some playoff games. Simple. Nobody will give 2 fucks what the search process looked like if the team wins games.
RE: .  
Metnut : 1/21/2020 9:14 am : link
In comment 14787674 Pete in MD said:
Quote:
Mike Puma
@NYPost_Mets
Coming shortly an update on the Mets managerial search and how the impending ownership change is affecting the process.


Whether they further gut the farm system, or trade Nimmo, in some stupid Marte deal, or whether Diaz rebounds to be lights out in 2020, will go a lot further for Cohen's evaluation of Brodie than whether he hires Rojas, Bam Bam or Perez to manage the team.
Back to the Corner