for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Daniel Jermiah's first 2020 mock draft

jeff57 : 1/21/2020 12:59 pm
And a surprise pick for the Giants at 4. OT Mekhi Becton.
Link - ( New Window )
Just take  
Nick in LA : 1/21/2020 1:03 pm : link
whoever they think is the best OT in the draft. That is all I want.
I'm surprised he doesn't have  
allstarjim : 1/21/2020 1:10 pm : link
some of the edge players higher than some of the guys he has in the first round, namely Yetur Gross-Ramos and Curtis Weaver.

I will tell you one thing that is NOT going to happen, is A.J. Epenesa falling to #16 overall. He's a top 10 pick, and I wouldn't rule him out to the Giants at #4, and that's with two QBs going ahead of them.
Hebert  
Archer : 1/21/2020 1:14 pm : link
Hebert to Tampa ?
Becton is a human eclipse...  
bw in dc : 1/21/2020 1:16 pm : link
but I'm not sure he's a LT in the NFL.
Jordan Love...  
bw in dc : 1/21/2020 1:17 pm : link
at #13?????

Loved him coming into the season but he did not have a good year at all...
RE: Becton is a human eclipse...  
jeff57 : 1/21/2020 1:19 pm : link
In comment 14788196 bw in dc said:
Quote:
but I'm not sure he's a LT in the NFL.


A couple of write ups here think he can.
Link - ( New Window )
In that scenario...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 1/21/2020 1:19 pm : link
I would rather trade down a few spots to some team that wants a QB and then draft the OT.
I'm still loving what I saw from Epenesa  
Chris684 : 1/21/2020 1:21 pm : link
hoping he shoots into the conversation at 4 if we stay put.

Really pushing this Ohio St corner  
ghost718 : 1/21/2020 1:23 pm : link
Some of the most physically gifted corners have gone about as high as 5th overall,and I don't think he's in the Patrick Peterson / Deion class.
RE: Really pushing this Ohio St corner  
jeff57 : 1/21/2020 1:26 pm : link
In comment 14788213 ghost718 said:
Quote:
Some of the most physically gifted corners have gone about as high as 5th overall,and I don't think he's in the Patrick Peterson / Deion class.


I think he's better than Ward, who went fourth.
RE: RE: Really pushing this Ohio St corner  
ghost718 : 1/21/2020 1:31 pm : link
In comment 14788216 jeff57 said:
Quote:
I think he's better than Ward, who went fourth.


That was a little different situation.Ward was considered top 10 or 15,and Cleveland was fortunate to have an extra top 5 pick.
Holy cow Becton is massive!  
nyjuggernaut2 : 1/21/2020 1:37 pm : link
6'7 369!
RE: In that scenario...  
barens : 1/21/2020 1:38 pm : link
In comment 14788203 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I would rather trade down a few spots to some team that wants a QB and then draft the OT.


If Becton ends up being the consensus #1 offensive tackle in the group, then forget about trading down.
Love  
PaulN : 1/21/2020 1:43 pm : link
To get Becton and Epenesa. Think how much more physical we would be
Becton vs. Thomas  
Stan in LA : 1/21/2020 1:44 pm : link
Every time I watched Becton he was dominating, while every time I saw Thomas he was getting beat.

Easy call.
He's really impressive  
RAIN : 1/21/2020 1:47 pm : link
in the one game I saw against Notre Dame. Okwara didn't have a chance in the run and pass games. He has the potential to effect the game in both phases.

His ability to move and slide at his size didn't look real. I believe he is a OLT. His arms are long enough.

i guess the simple question is  
ryanmkeane : 1/21/2020 1:49 pm : link
is Becton pretty athletic/will he be able to move against quick pass rushers?
Red flags.  
charlito : 1/21/2020 1:50 pm : link
None. Great pick by the Giants 👏👏👏👏👏
RE: Just take  
Mr. Bungle : 1/21/2020 1:55 pm : link
In comment 14788172 Nick in LA said:
Quote:
whoever they think is the best OT in the draft. That is all I want.

That's a terrible strategy for a Top 5 pick.
Becton...  
Brown_Hornet : 1/21/2020 2:05 pm : link
...RVA Guy!

He is special. Sometimes he lacks finishing a block which is sometimes due to a powerful punch that pushes the defender so far off that doesn't maintain contact.
His roll block is meh.

That said, he is a beast and has pretty good feet.
RE: In that scenario...  
flycatcher : 1/21/2020 2:06 pm : link
In comment 14788203 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I would rather trade down a few spots to some team that wants a QB and then draft the OT.

Especially if someone wants to overpay, which is quite possible. Might be a great opportunity for Gettleman to pick up added value.
RE: RE: Just take  
cokeduplt : 1/21/2020 2:12 pm : link
In comment 14788274 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
In comment 14788172 Nick in LA said:


Quote:


whoever they think is the best OT in the draft. That is all I want.


That's a terrible strategy for a Top 5 pick.


Yea thatís how u wind up with ereck flowers
Draft  
Pete44 : 1/21/2020 2:15 pm : link
The Giants should be holding the Dolphins hostage to ensure they get Tua.

However, we know that they will be lazy and just stay at 4 and take a guy they can get at 12.
credit to whomever the bbi poster was  
hitdog42 : 1/21/2020 2:20 pm : link
that started threads on this guy the other day from lville.
whether hes in the mix or not, was def outside the box
RE: In that scenario...  
shocktheworld : 1/21/2020 2:37 pm : link
In comment 14788203 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I would rather trade down a few spots to some team that wants a QB and then draft the OT.

1000% agree! I created a post two days ago and said we can trade down AND get the best LT in the draft in Becton...that would be so amazing haha
RE: He's really impressive  
Pheonix Orion : 1/21/2020 2:52 pm : link
In comment 14788256 RAIN said:
Quote:
in the one game I saw against Notre Dame. Okwara didn't have a chance in the run and pass games. He has the potential to effect the game in both phases.

His ability to move and slide at his size didn't look real. I believe he is a OLT. His arms are long enough.


Human Eclipse that can move. Really impressive.
RE: RE: In that scenario...  
Pheonix Orion : 1/21/2020 2:56 pm : link
In comment 14788330 shocktheworld said:
Quote:
In comment 14788203 Eric from BBI said:


Quote:


I would rather trade down a few spots to some team that wants a QB and then draft the OT.


1000% agree! I created a post two days ago and said we can trade down AND get the best LT in the draft in Becton...that would be so amazing haha


Jeremiah doesnt include trades in his first mock but at 3 or 4 there will very likely be a trade up for Tua.

He is probably the consensus #2 QB under Burrow but clearly above Herbert and Love (despite the injury).

Teams 5,6 7 and possibly 9 all in market.

Imagine trading down just one spot with Miami taking Becton and picking up their #26 pick (or 2nd rounder). Unfortunately Detroit probably pulls this off unless they are absolutely in love with someone they think we would take at 4.
Miami...  
Brown_Hornet : 1/21/2020 2:56 pm : link
...has 3 1s. Maybe they'll secure the pick by trading their #2?
Being theres 3 OT that may be top 10 picks  
Danny Dimes : 1/21/2020 4:02 pm : link
I really hope Giants dont reach and get the best value for their top 5 pick. Trading back a few to get our 3rd pick back plus some more really sounds like the best plan unless Gettleman and Jerry really are confident with one of these OT's
Eric from BBI :...  
Torrag : 1/21/2020 4:14 pm : link
"In that scenario I would rather trade down a few spots to some team that wants a QB and then draft the OT."

Ding, ding, ding...you won a toaster!

RE: credit to whomever the bbi poster was  
Earl the goat : 1/21/2020 7:04 pm : link
In comment 14788311 hitdog42 said:
Quote:
that started threads on this guy the other day from lville.
whether hes in the mix or not, was def outside the box



It was me. Iíve been posting about him since November
RE: RE: credit to whomever the bbi poster was  
Earl the goat : 1/21/2020 7:07 pm : link
In comment 14788773 Earl the goat said:
Quote:
In comment 14788311 hitdog42 said:


Quote:


that started threads on this guy the other day from lville.
whether hes in the mix or not, was def outside the box




It was me. Iíve been posting about him since November



Check my Jan 3rd post
RE: RE: credit to whomever the bbi poster was  
Pheonix Orion : 1/21/2020 7:09 pm : link
In comment 14788773 Earl the goat said:
Quote:
In comment 14788311 hitdog42 said:


Quote:


that started threads on this guy the other day from lville.
whether hes in the mix or not, was def outside the box




It was me. Iíve been posting about him since November


Great find Earl. He looks like the real deal at LT. Hopefully Gettleman sees the same thing. Solve our LT spot for the next decade.
This needs to be a very unsexy draft  
Ben in Tampa : 1/21/2020 7:11 pm : link
Everyone, including me, loves the Edge Rusher or the big WR or the sideline to sideline defender...

But the Giants need an offensive line. Tackles and centers. The boring picks.
RE: RE: RE: credit to whomever the bbi poster was  
Earl the goat : 1/21/2020 7:12 pm : link
In comment 14788791 Pheonix Orion said:
Quote:
In comment 14788773 Earl the goat said:


Quote:


In comment 14788311 hitdog42 said:


Quote:


that started threads on this guy the other day from lville.
whether hes in the mix or not, was def outside the box




It was me. Iíve been posting about him since November



Great find Earl. He looks like the real deal at LT. Hopefully Gettleman sees the same thing. Solve our LT spot for the next decade.


Thank you. Iíve watched a bunch of Louisville games this year
Heís the real deal. Quick feet and great run blocker
Will keep Daniel Jones upright for ten years
Beckton's size  
BigBlueCane : 1/21/2020 7:14 pm : link
alone may make him DG's favorite going into the process how he tests will determine a lot but from what I've seen he's a high character kid and would make a fine bodyguard for Jones.
RE: RE: RE: RE: credit to whomever the bbi poster was  
Pheonix Orion : 1/21/2020 7:16 pm : link
In comment 14788809 Earl the goat said:
Quote:
In comment 14788791 Pheonix Orion said:


Quote:


In comment 14788773 Earl the goat said:


Quote:


In comment 14788311 hitdog42 said:


Quote:


that started threads on this guy the other day from lville.
whether hes in the mix or not, was def outside the box




It was me. Iíve been posting about him since November



Great find Earl. He looks like the real deal at LT. Hopefully Gettleman sees the same thing. Solve our LT spot for the next decade.



Thank you. Iíve watched a bunch of Louisville games this year
Heís the real deal. Quick feet and great run blocker
Will keep Daniel Jones upright for ten years


I'm quickly getting caught up on him. The more tape I watch The more my jaw drops. A man that size isn't supposed to move like he does. He is so quick for 370 lbs. He has tentacles for arms. Pass blocking and run blocking combination has elite potential. Technique has steadily improved each year. Weight loss in 2019 and better conditioning; he looked much smoother with his footwork.
RE: This needs to be a very unsexy draft  
cokeduplt : 1/21/2020 7:24 pm : link
In comment 14788803 Ben in Tampa said:
Quote:
Everyone, including me, loves the Edge Rusher or the big WR or the sideline to sideline defender...

But the Giants need an offensive line. Tackles and centers. The boring picks.


Defense was the biggest weakness last year, neglected to draft defense would be unacceptable
I think when all is said and done  
Breeze_94 : 1/21/2020 8:04 pm : link
there will be a LT worth the #4 pick...whether its Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, or Wills, I have no idea at this point.

But there is some obvious talent at OT in this draft and the positional value makes it worth a high selection.

Giants should walk away from this draft with the best tackle prospect..a move that will protect DJ and open lanes for Saquon, the two franchise players on the team.
RE: Becton vs. Thomas  
Pheonix Orion : 1/21/2020 8:29 pm : link
In comment 14788248 Stan in LA said:
Quote:
Every time I watched Becton he was dominating, while every time I saw Thomas he was getting beat.

Easy call.


Yeah kinda seeing that too and apparently Jeremiah agrees with that assessment.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: credit to whomever the bbi poster was  
Percy : 1/21/2020 10:08 pm : link
In comment 14788819 Pheonix Orion said:
Quote:
In comment 14788809 Earl the goat said:


Quote:


In comment 14788791 Pheonix Orion said:


Quote:


In comment 14788773 Earl the goat said:


Quote:


In comment 14788311 hitdog42 said:


Quote:


that started threads on this guy the other day from lville.
whether hes in the mix or not, was def outside the box




It was me. Iíve been posting about him since November



Great find Earl. He looks like the real deal at LT. Hopefully Gettleman sees the same thing. Solve our LT spot for the next decade.



Thank you. Iíve watched a bunch of Louisville games this year
Heís the real deal. Quick feet and great run blocker
Will keep Daniel Jones upright for ten years



I'm quickly getting caught up on him. The more tape I watch The more my jaw drops. A man that size isn't supposed to move like he does. He is so quick for 370 lbs. He has tentacles for arms. Pass blocking and run blocking combination has elite potential. Technique has steadily improved each year. Weight loss in 2019 and better conditioning; he looked much smoother with his footwork.

Just watched tape on this guy a couple of nights ago and was wowed. And he's a junior? Let's see the Combine results (is he as strong as he looks) and learn whether he's able to keep his weight under control off and stay in condition. Could be dominant.
Big man has some hops`  
MarvelousMike : 1/22/2020 6:41 am : link
Hard man to miss here.
Power Forward - ( New Window )
Back to the Corner