for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Nate Burleson

giantsfanforlife : 5/22/2020 8:22 pm
Nate Burleson has the Giants winning the NFC East in 2020.

Redskins are heading toward the right direction like us, but I doubt they win the NFC East.

Eagles are not winning the Division (Since 2004, no one has won back to back division crown)

Cowboys- I think they will win the division, but then again, they lost their center and players on defense.

Anything can happen and I expect the Cowboys win the NFC East.

Would you be surprised if the Giants win the division?

How many win you think the Giants will have?

Just base off the schedule and offseason, I would say around 6 to 8 game, but we have no idea how these teams will be.
I’ll have...  
Chris in Philly : 5/22/2020 8:25 pm : link
what he’s having.
The Giants winning the division this season?  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 5/22/2020 8:28 pm : link
Can someone please give Nate a drug test?

Listen, I hope he's right. But that would be shocking. It'd be the equivalent of us winning the division in '97, which would have seemed absurd when we started out, I believe 1-3. Crazier things have happened, but I seriously doubt it.
Established HC have an advantage ....although they had some changes  
George from PA : 5/22/2020 8:30 pm : link
The Eagles have a distinct advantage....
The Eagles know how to win.  
robbieballs2003 : 5/22/2020 8:37 pm : link
Everybody focuses on our weaknesses. I think most fans look at that and think every other team in the NFL is balances and has no holes.

The Eagles have no WRs that produce. Their corners have sucked but they did sign one this offseason. I'm pretty sure their safety play is poor. Their LB sucks. It is their DL that hides a lot of issues. They are a very flawed team but they know how to win.

Dallas is probably the most talented team in the division but they always come up short. Now they let a lot of guys go like Byron Jones and then gave Cooper $100 mil. Now they want to pay Dak $35 mil per year? And McCarthy? I know he's had success in this league but man does he look checked out already. He even admitted to lying in his interview about studying film. Color me not impresses with him.

Washington... I love hear people complain about our WRs saying we have the worst group in the NFL. Has anybody seen Washington's WRs? And I am a big McLaurin fan. Rivera is a proven coach in this league but I am just not seeing the fit. They need someone to step up at the QB position and they are still paying Alex Smith. They have talent ok defense but we never seem to have issues with them.

My point is that we are all flawed. No way am I putting us above the Eagles until we prove we can beat them. Dallas is still very talented but going through a transition like we are.

Do I think we win the division? I see us in that 6-8 range. However, if the division is as poor as it was last year there is a chance. Would I be surprised to win the division? I think that depends on how we won it.
We're winning the conference title too  
PatersonPlank : 5/22/2020 8:39 pm : link
Super Bowl baby!
Remember the year Dallas  
theold5j : 5/22/2020 8:41 pm : link
Was supposed to have the worst defense in the history of the league....they went like 13-3

Nothing would surprise me as far as a division winner. They have to be better/luckier/healthier than 3 teams.
RE: Remember the year Dallas  
giantsfanforlife : 5/22/2020 8:45 pm : link
In comment 14909266 theold5j said:
Quote:
Was supposed to have the worst defense in the history of the league....they went like 13-3

Nothing would surprise me as far as a division winner. They have to be better/luckier/healthier than 3 teams.



You talking about 2014 correct? If so, I believe they went 12-4 that year.
I don't expect them to win the division  
Hades07 : 5/22/2020 8:50 pm : link
Though I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Anyone who says they would be is either being hyperbolic or doesn't really pay attention to all the times teams flip their fortunes in one season.
RE: I don't expect them to win the division  
robbieballs2003 : 5/22/2020 8:55 pm : link
In comment 14909268 Hades07 said:
Quote:
Though I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Anyone who says they would be is either being hyperbolic or doesn't really pay attention to all the times teams flip their fortunes in one season.


Imo, teams NEVER flip it in one season. Yes, you can look at teams that finished last one year and then won the division the next year. So, with that I agree. But imo, there is no quick turnaround in the NFL. So many pointed ro the 49ers and said they went from worst to first so why can't we. They didn't go from worst to first. They went from worst to worst to worst to first. It is a process. Are we there? Not sure. We obviously have holes to fill but, again, so does every other team in the NFL. I think we may be another year out to have a nice offseason with more picks, more FA, a yeae of Judge under everyone's belt, and another year for these young kids to grow.
Just be competitive.  
Vin_Cuccs : 5/22/2020 9:16 pm : link
Seasons that end before Halloween are absolutely demoralizing.

There is talent on this team. As much as people want to hate him, Gettleman has turned over this roster. They will go as far as the youth, especially the young quarterback, will take them.

I would sign up for 8-8 right now.
Between now and the start of the season  
The_Boss : 5/22/2020 10:09 pm : link
You’re going to get some “experts” saying crazy stuff like that (about a few teams probably) which probably gets forgotten if the NYG go 6–10. But, in the highly unlikely chance they’re right, they’ll circle back and say “I called it way back over Memorial Day weekend”.
RE: RE: I don't expect them to win the division  
Hades07 : 5/22/2020 10:11 pm : link
In comment 14909271 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
In comment 14909268 Hades07 said:


Quote:


Though I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Anyone who says they would be is either being hyperbolic or doesn't really pay attention to all the times teams flip their fortunes in one season.



Imo, teams NEVER flip it in one season. Yes, you can look at teams that finished last one year and then won the division the next year. So, with that I agree. But imo, there is no quick turnaround in the NFL. So many pointed ro the 49ers and said they went from worst to first so why can't we. They didn't go from worst to first. They went from worst to worst to worst to first. It is a process. Are we there? Not sure. We obviously have holes to fill but, again, so does every other team in the NFL. I think we may be another year out to have a nice offseason with more picks, more FA, a yeae of Judge under everyone's belt, and another year for these young kids to grow.
your answer makes no sense. The Giants just had 3 worsts. Either way teams go worst one season to first the next occasionally. If you would be "shocked" if it happens again, I don't know what to tell you. It isn't a common occurrence, but it happens often enough that it really shouldn't shock anyone when it does.
If they win more than 6 games, it will be a miracle  
Greg from LI : 5/22/2020 10:16 pm : link
.
I'm with Greg  
Optimus-NY : 5/22/2020 10:26 pm : link
6-10 is the limit. Be content with watching a young roster develop and look forward to next year's draft. This team sucks. We're two years away from the playoffs.
RE: RE: RE: I don't expect them to win the division  
robbieballs2003 : 5/22/2020 10:41 pm : link
In comment 14909292 Hades07 said:
Quote:
In comment 14909271 robbieballs2003 said:


Quote:


In comment 14909268 Hades07 said:


Quote:


Though I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Anyone who says they would be is either being hyperbolic or doesn't really pay attention to all the times teams flip their fortunes in one season.



Imo, teams NEVER flip it in one season. Yes, you can look at teams that finished last one year and then won the division the next year. So, with that I agree. But imo, there is no quick turnaround in the NFL. So many pointed ro the 49ers and said they went from worst to first so why can't we. They didn't go from worst to first. They went from worst to worst to worst to first. It is a process. Are we there? Not sure. We obviously have holes to fill but, again, so does every other team in the NFL. I think we may be another year out to have a nice offseason with more picks, more FA, a yeae of Judge under everyone's belt, and another year for these young kids to grow.

your answer makes no sense. The Giants just had 3 worsts. Either way teams go worst one season to first the next occasionally. If you would be "shocked" if it happens again, I don't know what to tell you. It isn't a common occurrence, but it happens often enough that it really shouldn't shock anyone when it does.


My point is we aren't there yet. We're still in the process. We've been bad for about a decade. I still we are one year away for the reasons I mentioned.
I'm predicting 7-9 or 8-8  
Jay on the Island : 5/22/2020 10:55 pm : link
I hate to say it but I think the Eagles are going to win the division. The Cowboys will disappoint again as they go 8-8.

The Giants are one year away from competing.
RE: RE: RE: RE: I don't expect them to win the division  
Hades07 : 5/22/2020 11:07 pm : link
In comment 14909309 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
In comment 14909292 Hades07 said:


Quote:


In comment 14909271 robbieballs2003 said:


Quote:


In comment 14909268 Hades07 said:


Quote:


Though I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Anyone who says they would be is either being hyperbolic or doesn't really pay attention to all the times teams flip their fortunes in one season.



Imo, teams NEVER flip it in one season. Yes, you can look at teams that finished last one year and then won the division the next year. So, with that I agree. But imo, there is no quick turnaround in the NFL. So many pointed ro the 49ers and said they went from worst to first so why can't we. They didn't go from worst to first. They went from worst to worst to worst to first. It is a process. Are we there? Not sure. We obviously have holes to fill but, again, so does every other team in the NFL. I think we may be another year out to have a nice offseason with more picks, more FA, a yeae of Judge under everyone's belt, and another year for these young kids to grow.

your answer makes no sense. The Giants just had 3 worsts. Either way teams go worst one season to first the next occasionally. If you would be "shocked" if it happens again, I don't know what to tell you. It isn't a common occurrence, but it happens often enough that it really shouldn't shock anyone when it does.



My point is we aren't there yet. We're still in the process. We've been bad for about a decade. I still we are one year away for the reasons I mentioned.
I don't disagree, just stating that "shocked" is hyperbolic in this case.
If Jones and Barkley stay healthy  
Giants in 07 : 5/22/2020 11:12 pm : link
I think they’ll be competitive all season

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: I don't expect them to win the division  
robbieballs2003 : 5/22/2020 11:20 pm : link
In comment 14909317 Hades07 said:
Quote:
In comment 14909309 robbieballs2003 said:


Quote:


In comment 14909292 Hades07 said:


Quote:


In comment 14909271 robbieballs2003 said:


Quote:


In comment 14909268 Hades07 said:


Quote:


Though I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Anyone who says they would be is either being hyperbolic or doesn't really pay attention to all the times teams flip their fortunes in one season.



Imo, teams NEVER flip it in one season. Yes, you can look at teams that finished last one year and then won the division the next year. So, with that I agree. But imo, there is no quick turnaround in the NFL. So many pointed ro the 49ers and said they went from worst to first so why can't we. They didn't go from worst to first. They went from worst to worst to worst to first. It is a process. Are we there? Not sure. We obviously have holes to fill but, again, so does every other team in the NFL. I think we may be another year out to have a nice offseason with more picks, more FA, a yeae of Judge under everyone's belt, and another year for these young kids to grow.

your answer makes no sense. The Giants just had 3 worsts. Either way teams go worst one season to first the next occasionally. If you would be "shocked" if it happens again, I don't know what to tell you. It isn't a common occurrence, but it happens often enough that it really shouldn't shock anyone when it does.



My point is we aren't there yet. We're still in the process. We've been bad for about a decade. I still we are one year away for the reasons I mentioned.

I don't disagree, just stating that "shocked" is hyperbolic in this case.


Did I say shocked?
It’s hard to respond with the big, black cloud hanging over the  
NYRiese : 5/23/2020 12:12 am : link
season.
Will the season even be played out?
What a mess.
Hoping and commenting and prognosticating and wishing and hypothesizing on something that might NOT even come to pass is a downer.
...  
christian : 5/23/2020 12:15 am : link
There are a number of basic reasons the Giants will likely struggle to be a .500 team this year.

- 1st year, 1st time head coach
- 2nd year QB in a brand new system
- 2 to 3 new starters on the line
- Several health, age, and reliability issues among the skill position players
- New defensive system
- Presumed starting CB potentially suspended
- Presumed starting inside linebacker coming off ACL tear

It's a young program top to bottom. It will be exciting to see how everything develops. But it will be absolutely shocking if they compete for the division.
As fans we often have difficulty seeing past  
joeinpa : 5/23/2020 6:33 am : link
The last play, last game, last season. The Giants have been a bad team and it s difficult to project ahead without being jaded by the recent losing.

1981, mired in 18 years of losing football it was hard to imagine the Red White and Blue not being lousy. It was easy to look past the younger players and some vets like Carson and George Martin and not see they were actually championship players.

Those speaking with certainty are doing the same thing now. Bad teams are bad until they re not and some can t see beyond the present losing culture.

I ve no idea what the Giants will do this season. Is there a big win against a division rival that gets this team believing resulting in winning momentum?

Maybe, in any event while the Giants won’t be projected by many as division winners, it s sports, the NFL, stranger things have happened and do happen, all the time
Giants win the East in 2020?  
M.S. : 5/23/2020 6:43 am : link

Come on.
Would love to see it  
Beer Man : 5/23/2020 9:33 am : link
But I don't see it. I think the Eagles may have the best chance at this point, not because of talent, but because they are the only team in the division not bringing in a new coaching staff and O/D systems. With the Covid-19 restrictions making it difficult for teams to fully implement their critical off-season programs, I believe teams undergoing massive change (like the Giants) will struggle out of the gates while they are still learning their new systems.
Too young; too many new players; new coaching staff; short pre-season.  
Ira : 5/23/2020 9:55 am : link
The Giants should be better, but they'll be ready to compete in 2021.
Exceptionally slim chance  
Mike from Ohio : 5/23/2020 10:27 am : link
This team has a rookie coach and a delayed/different program to get ready. It’s a young roster and still very weak at a number of positions. I don’t see how they make the playoffs, let alone win the division.

What I am hoping to see is a fundamentally sound team that competes hard and isn’t a de facto bye as they have been the past few years. I think the ceiling for this team is 6-7 wins with health and some good breaks.
RE: If they win more than 6 games, it will be a miracle  
djm : 5/23/2020 2:37 pm : link
In comment 14909294 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
.


Hyperbole.
Nate Burleson says the Giants finish 3rd in the division...  
Klaatu : 5/23/2020 4:06 pm : link
And everybody yawns and moves on to the next topic.

Nate Burleson says the Giants win their division and all hell breaks loose.

Nate is no dummy.
Back to the Corner