for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

1996 Giants slay Goliath...

Eric from BBI : Admin : 6/30/2020 3:33 pm
BigBlueVCR @BigBlueVCR

Per request from @BigBlueInteract, here is the 1996 fumble recovery TD by Tito Wooten vs the Cowboys in the Dan Reeves "Man in the Mirror" game. In hindsight, this probably wasn't a fumble by @michaelirvin88 but no replay in 1996 meant this TD stood. #GiantsPride #NYGiants


Bad year, fun game....



https://twitter.com/BigBlueVCR/status/1278046014595903488 - ( New Window )
I loved Jessie Armstead  
Jints in Carolina : 6/30/2020 3:37 pm : link
.
BTW  
Matt in SGS : 6/30/2020 3:46 pm : link
I reviewed this game years ago if you want to get into more depth. Plus the lyrics to the poem Dan Reeves left for each player was:

Quote:
When you get what you want in your search for self, and the world makes you King for a day.

Go to the mirror and look at yourself, and see what that guy has to say.

It isn't your father, mother, or wife upon whose judgement you must pass.

Because the fellow whose verdict counts most in your life is the fellow staring back in the glass

http://bigbluevcr.blogspot.com/2014/06/1996-giants-vs-cowboys.html - ( New Window )
trivia question  
ray in arlington : 6/30/2020 3:50 pm : link
Who scored the Giants other TD in that game?
Matt  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 6/30/2020 3:51 pm : link
Thanks. I had forgotten you had reviewed that game. I see the Kozlowski TD too!
well  
ray in arlington : 6/30/2020 3:51 pm : link
You can always peek at Matt’s great link
RE: trivia question  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 6/30/2020 3:52 pm : link
In comment 14926884 ray in arlington said:
Quote:
Who scored the Giants other TD in that game?


I'm starting to think Ray just lurks until some obscure player gets mentioned! (grin)
Matt in SGS  
bigblue5611_2 : 6/30/2020 3:58 pm : link
I tried emailing you a little while back but not sure if it ever got to you.

If you're interested, I have the game from Jan 2nd, 1994 against Dallas somewhere around here on VHS if you'd like me to send it to you to digitize/copy?

The result obviously wasn't good, but a good game nonetheless and the first game I ever attended.
RE: Matt in SGS  
Matt in SGS : 6/30/2020 4:08 pm : link
In comment 14926893 bigblue5611_2 said:
Quote:
I tried emailing you a little while back but not sure if it ever got to you.

If you're interested, I have the game from Jan 2nd, 1994 against Dallas somewhere around here on VHS if you'd like me to send it to you to digitize/copy?

The result obviously wasn't good, but a good game nonetheless and the first game I ever attended.


Thanks, I was at that game too and Emmitt's performance was the best I've seen an opponent have against the Giants in person. I actually already have that game digitized so I'm all set with it and would be happy to send it to you if you want it (thought it was frustrating as hell, stupid Reeves playing for OT).
RE: RE: Matt in SGS  
bigblue5611_2 : 6/30/2020 4:23 pm : link
In comment 14926900 Matt in SGS said:
Quote:
In comment 14926893 bigblue5611_2 said:


Quote:


I tried emailing you a little while back but not sure if it ever got to you.

If you're interested, I have the game from Jan 2nd, 1994 against Dallas somewhere around here on VHS if you'd like me to send it to you to digitize/copy?

The result obviously wasn't good, but a good game nonetheless and the first game I ever attended.



Thanks, I was at that game too and Emmitt's performance was the best I've seen an opponent have against the Giants in person. I actually already have that game digitized so I'm all set with it and would be happy to send it to you if you want it (thought it was frustrating as hell, stupid Reeves playing for OT).


Thank you, I'd love to have the digital copy if you wouldn't mind. Agreed, should have won that game, and clinched home field advantage.

Do you want me to send an email to what you have on file here?
RE: RE: RE: Matt in SGS  
Matt in SGS : 6/30/2020 4:54 pm : link
In comment 14926909 bigblue5611_2 said:
Quote:
In comment 14926900 Matt in SGS said:


Quote:


In comment 14926893 bigblue5611_2 said:


Quote:


I tried emailing you a little while back but not sure if it ever got to you.

If you're interested, I have the game from Jan 2nd, 1994 against Dallas somewhere around here on VHS if you'd like me to send it to you to digitize/copy?

The result obviously wasn't good, but a good game nonetheless and the first game I ever attended.



Thanks, I was at that game too and Emmitt's performance was the best I've seen an opponent have against the Giants in person. I actually already have that game digitized so I'm all set with it and would be happy to send it to you if you want it (thought it was frustrating as hell, stupid Reeves playing for OT).



Thank you, I'd love to have the digital copy if you wouldn't mind. Agreed, should have won that game, and clinched home field advantage.

Do you want me to send an email to what you have on file here?


You can email me at mattinsgs@gmail.com. That's the easiest way since I usually share thru Google Drive.
Man. I wish they brought back those  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 6/30/2020 7:48 pm : link
unis.
Back to the Corner