It is supposed to be mid 60's the next few days, unseasonably cool for central NJ for mid September. I bought a bunch of seed to try to get more grass to grow in a section of my back yard that has been predominately crabgrass and clover since spring (about 2K SF). I overseeded in the spring too but maybe started too early and probably didn't put enough seed down in retrospect. It was a cool and wet early spring here too which didn't help.
Its supposed to get back up into the 70's by Tuesday. Should I wait until then to seed? There is also no rain in the forecast for days. I will dethatch the area and aerate a few of the bad sections while it is cool...I dont have anything automated to do the aeration...but thinking hold off on spreading the grass out until the temps climb a bit more.
Thanks in advance.