for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

FFL: 16 October...Friday Edition

RC in MD : 10/16/2020 7:25 am
Was able to pick up Z.Ertz off waivers. While he's got a bad matchup against Balt and hasn't done much this season thus far, I'm going to rely on him over C.Brate and G.Everette.

My .5PPR league has 10 bench spots, so we're really scraping at the bottom of the barrel for any free agency pickups. My roster is pretty WR heavy at this point, with my top three being dinged up.

I need to fill up my 2 WR and 2 FLEX spots:

WR: D.Adams, J.Jones, DJ.Chark, D.Slayton, L.Shenault, M.Valdez-Scantling, (M.Williams on Bye)
RB: Z.Moss (J.Kelley on Bye)
TE: G.Everette, C.Brate (H.Henry on Bye)

As of right now, this is what I have:
WR: D.Adams, D.Slayton
FLEX: J.Jones, DJ.Chark
Oh...and with R.Wilson on Bye...  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 7:27 am : link
I have T.Bridgewater and A.Dalton on my bench.

I'm currently leaning A.Dalton with the weapons that he has and the injury to Chandler Jones for AZ. What would you do?
I’d start chark if he plays  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 7:30 am : link
Shenault if he doesn’t.
Never mind I see you flexed him  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 7:31 am : link
I’d leave it then.
If Chark is active, start him  
MadPlaid : 10/16/2020 8:23 am : link
If not, then definitely go with Shenault.

Zack Moss could be temping, but he’d be more of a flyer, TD dependent.
RE: Oh...and with R.Wilson on Bye...  
MadPlaid : 10/16/2020 8:28 am : link
In comment 15010219 RC in MD said:
Quote:
I have T.Bridgewater and A.Dalton on my bench.

I'm currently leaning A.Dalton with the weapons that he has and the injury to Chandler Jones for AZ. What would you do?

I think you have to go with Dalton this week. Bridgewater’s matchup is not good. I read that Chicago is one of the worst teams to score on by WR. It’s going to be tough sledding against the Bears.
I have Rodgers at QB  
rasbutant : 10/16/2020 8:39 am : link
I have Cam Newton on IR but need to take him off. I picked up Justin Herbert when Cam went on IR.

Which one should i keep long term, i need to make a cut today so i can change out my defense.

So... Cam vs. Justin, who would you pick.
RE: I have Rodgers at QB  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 8:56 am : link
In comment 15010252 rasbutant said:
Quote:
I have Cam Newton on IR but need to take him off. I picked up Justin Herbert when Cam went on IR.

Which one should i keep long term, i need to make a cut today so i can change out my defense.

So... Cam vs. Justin, who would you pick.


With the way Herbert has been playing, he's been looking like a legit mid-tier fantasy QB. However, as long as Cam is healthy, he brings that x-factor as a QB. This is a tough one. I say drop Rodgers and keep both...I KID!!!

I would keep Cam at this point as a backup that you hope never has to play since Rodgers has had his Bye already.
I don't trust Cam for a full season  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 9:05 am : link
I'd rather Rodgers + Herbert. SD just can't run the ball and when Ekeler comes back he's going to catch a ton of passes for them.

Cam to me is going to be a roller coaster. He's going to throw picks, he's going to have games where he tries to rush and gets stuffed. He's never going to have a 4 TD game in all liklihood like Herbert just did.

I've got Mahomes, Rodgers and Herbert in my 1 QB league and I'm holding all 3, which I don't like doing, until I can find a trade for a small upgrade somewhere, or will drop Herbert if there is a big ticket Waiver add.
Rodgers  
pjcas18 : 10/16/2020 9:23 am : link
already had his bye week.

When healthy, Rodgers is a must start every week, regardless of match-up.

Maybe even try and trade Cam, but otherwise I see no real reason to fret over which QB is your backup other than injury insurance. Cam probably higher floor, but I wouldn't be shocked if Herbert outpoints him more than 50% of the time with no running game.
my concern would be dropping the better player  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 9:26 am : link
as it will likely strengthen another team, one you may face. There's some good teams in my league that are really weak at QB - I have no desire to help them and get nothing in return for it.
Welp...  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 9:48 am : link
with the Colts now closing its facility, what's the chance that its game against Cinn is postponed? If it's just a delay to Tuesday, I can go with that, but with J.Taylor being my RB1, I'm not sure I can survive this weekend if he doesn't play...can't imagine relying on Z.Moss as my RB2 next to J.Robinson (since my J.Kelley is on Bye).
I have A Jones and Sanders  
beatrixkiddo : 10/16/2020 9:50 am : link
As my RB 1 and 2. Who would you flex b/w a Robinson and Taylor? PPR
Ertz  
OBJRoyal : 10/16/2020 9:58 am : link
Dont sleep on Ertz this week, if Baltimore has a weakness on dee, its covering TEs
RE: Ertz  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 10:07 am : link
In comment 15010320 OBJRoyal said:
Quote:
Dont sleep on Ertz this week, if Baltimore has a weakness on dee, its covering TEs


Yeah, he's got to breakout one day and if they are playing from behind then its as good a week as any for it to happen.

I'm starting Jonnu Smith and Flexing Ertz due to BYE's. Moving forward I will start Smith until Ertz breaks out in all likelihood.
Ertz has killed me this season. I am actually benching  
LBH15 : 10/16/2020 10:19 am : link
him this week on two of my teams because i have had enough.

Are you saying this is his break-out week?
That's funny because I also have J Smith  
LBH15 : 10/16/2020 10:20 am : link
and he has been great but I haven't played him but once.
Any Frank  
pjcas18 : 10/16/2020 10:21 am : link
Gore interest?

Not going to lie, when I saw Frank Gore at the top of the transaction list I had no idea he was even in the NFL still.

He has got to be climbing up some of the all time career stats leaders, seems like he's been in the NFL forever.
RE: I have A Jones and Sanders  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 10:22 am : link
In comment 15010312 beatrixkiddo said:
Quote:
As my RB 1 and 2. Who would you flex b/w a Robinson and Taylor? PPR


I think based on what just came out about the Colts, Robinson would be the safe bet since I think they were comparable this weekend. I do like Robinson's matchup.

How in the world did you end up with that stable of RBs? 12 team league?
RE: Ertz has killed me this season. I am actually benching  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 10:23 am : link
In comment 15010343 LBH15 said:
Quote:
him this week on two of my teams because i have had enough.

Are you saying this is his break-out week?


I wouldn't start him this week either if H.Henry wasn't on a Bye. With only C.Brate and G.Everette as my other options, I think I'll take my chances with Z.Ertz even if it's against Balt.
I have no idea if Ertz breaks out this week  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 10:24 am : link
but why not? I doubt they will be playing with the lead for much of the game.
RE: RE: I have A Jones and Sanders  
pjcas18 : 10/16/2020 10:29 am : link
In comment 15010351 RC in MD said:
Quote:
In comment 15010312 beatrixkiddo said:


Quote:


As my RB 1 and 2. Who would you flex b/w a Robinson and Taylor? PPR



I think based on what just came out about the Colts, Robinson would be the safe bet since I think they were comparable this weekend. I do like Robinson's matchup.

How in the world did you end up with that stable of RBs? 12 team league?


I have (had) almost that exact same RB set up (12 team).

I drafted Jacobs 12th, Sanders 13th (Aaron Jones went 11 or I would have drafted him over Jacobs).

Then I got Taylor in the 4th and James Robinson as a waiver wire pickup after the Jags cut Fournette.

So, if it's 12 team, my guess would Jones/Sanders rounds 1 and 2. Taylor 4 (probably 4, possible 3 since end of 3 and beginning for are basically the same) and Robinson late or waivers.
Jonnu Smith is a Questionable  
LBH15 : 10/16/2020 10:29 am : link
with quad injury. Ugh, maybe just one more week with Ertz.
RE: Jonnu Smith is a Questionable  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 10:48 am : link
In comment 15010359 LBH15 said:
Quote:
with quad injury. Ugh, maybe just one more week with Ertz.


I believe it was just more rest since they played Tuesday. I don't think he's in jeopardy to miss the game.
RE: RE: RE: I have A Jones and Sanders  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 10:53 am : link
In comment 15010358 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
I have (had) almost that exact same RB set up (12 team).

I drafted Jacobs 12th, Sanders 13th (Aaron Jones went 11 or I would have drafted him over Jacobs).

Then I got Taylor in the 4th and James Robinson as a waiver wire pickup after the Jags cut Fournette.

So, if it's 12 team, my guess would Jones/Sanders rounds 1 and 2. Taylor 4 (probably 4, possible 3 since end of 3 and beginning for are basically the same) and Robinson late or waivers.


That makes sense. I forget that I drafted J.Taylor in the 4th round in my league and picked up J.Robinson on waiver. If I could do it again, I would have selected A.Jones at 11 and C.Carson at 14 (or T.Kelce or D.Adams) instead of D.Adams at 11 and J.Jones at 14. Thought that the Falcons would explode this season.
How much damage does everyone think Bell is going to do  
SimpleMan : 10/16/2020 11:29 am : link
to CEH's value? The CEH owner in my league is in a panic and I am debating throwing him a trade offer since he has made it clear he wants to deal Clyde. Could be a very buy-low.
CEH isn't really killing it anyway  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 11:36 am : link
I can see Bell helping in a way. Once they get inside the 10 CEH will get the carries.

The Chiefs seem to score a ton outside of the RZ which really cuts into CEH's value. He's going to have good games with or without Bell and I don't see Bell taking away a ton of carries.
I have a question  
MadPlaid : 10/16/2020 12:42 pm : link
Would you cut McKinnon to pick up Brandon Cooks?

My league is non-ppr, and my RB's are Carson, Mixon, Sanders, and D. Harris.

WR's are Kupp, Slayton, Shenault, P. Williams, and T. Patrick.

My WR's have underwhelmed this year, and I actually cut Cooks because of his Week 4 no-show. Of course, he takes off the following week. So now I am interested in taking him back because I'm hopeful that Week 5 is a portent of things to come. What do you think?

Thank you
McKinnon doesn't have much value  
UConn4523 : 10/16/2020 12:43 pm : link
unless Mostert isn't playing.
RE: RE: I have A Jones and Sanders  
beatrixkiddo : 10/16/2020 12:44 pm : link
In comment 15010351 RC in MD said:
Quote:
In comment 15010312 beatrixkiddo said:


Quote:


As my RB 1 and 2. Who would you flex b/w a Robinson and Taylor? PPR



I think based on what just came out about the Colts, Robinson would be the safe bet since I think they were comparable this weekend. I do like Robinson's matchup.

How in the world did you end up with that stable of RBs? 12 team league?


Thanks.

I had Sanders as a 4th round keeper from the year prior. Picked 10 in 12 team PPR league. Drafted Julio at 1, Jones at the turn. Then nabbed Taylor. With my 3rd rounder. Robinson I stole with my high waiver priority week one after losing Mack. It’s paid off well. But I am hurting at WR: Julio, Parker, Slayton and Green. Unfortunately not many people are willing to give up a top WR for one of my RBs so I’m just riding it out. Should be ok when Julio comes back. Also have Reagor on IR.
RE: McKinnon doesn't have much value  
MadPlaid : 10/16/2020 12:47 pm : link
In comment 15010524 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
unless Mostert isn't playing.

Exactly. He's a bench warmer on my team while Mostert is healthy. Can't count on Mostert getting dinged again. I think I'll do it.

Thank you, and good luck this weekend.
RE: RE: RE: I have A Jones and Sanders  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 12:53 pm : link
In comment 15010525 beatrixkiddo said:
Quote:

Thanks.

I had Sanders as a 4th round keeper from the year prior. Picked 10 in 12 team PPR league. Drafted Julio at 1, Jones at the turn. Then nabbed Taylor. With my 3rd rounder. Robinson I stole with my high waiver priority week one after losing Mack. It’s paid off well. But I am hurting at WR: Julio, Parker, Slayton and Green. Unfortunately not many people are willing to give up a top WR for one of my RBs so I’m just riding it out. Should be ok when Julio comes back. Also have Reagor on IR.


Oh...that's Julio Jones...I thought you meant you had Aaron Jones. I also have Julio (picked him #14 after picking D.Adams #11), and he's been worthless thus far.

I'm in the opposite situation. I have a number of good WRs that I want to trade away (Jones being the #1 I want to trade), but no one wants to trade a RB to me...lol. Freaking hell.
RE: RE: McKinnon doesn't have much value  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 12:54 pm : link
In comment 15010531 MadPlaid said:
Quote:
In comment 15010524 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


unless Mostert isn't playing.


Exactly. He's a bench warmer on my team while Mostert is healthy. Can't count on Mostert getting dinged again. I think I'll do it.

Thank you, and good luck this weekend.


I dropped McKinnon in three of my leagues. Pretty much worthless at this point.
RE: RE: McKinnon doesn't have much value  
Mike in NY : 10/16/2020 12:56 pm : link
In comment 15010531 MadPlaid said:
Quote:
In comment 15010524 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


unless Mostert isn't playing.


Exactly. He's a bench warmer on my team while Mostert is healthy. Can't count on Mostert getting dinged again. I think I'll do it.

Thank you, and good luck this weekend.


Ditto. I dropped McKinnon for some help at D/ST (Pittsburgh has a tough one with Cleveland and a number of teams with easy opponents were available) because he was behind Conner, Montgomery, RoJo, and Swift on my RB depth chart plus with Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, D.J. Chark, DeVante Parker at WR even though it is 0.5 PPR I really don't see him as a Flex barring injuries.
RE: RE: RE: McKinnon doesn't have much value  
MadPlaid : 10/16/2020 12:57 pm : link
In comment 15010535 RC in MD said:
Quote:
I dropped McKinnon in three of my leagues. Pretty much worthless at this point.

Yeah, would seem to be the wise move to drop him and take a chance on Cooks showing consistency.

Thank you. Good luck with trading for a RB.
RE: RE: RE: McKinnon doesn't have much value  
MadPlaid : 10/16/2020 1:04 pm : link
In comment 15010538 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
Ditto. I dropped McKinnon for some help at D/ST (Pittsburgh has a tough one with Cleveland and a number of teams with easy opponents were available) because he was behind Conner, Montgomery, RoJo, and Swift on my RB depth chart plus with Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, D.J. Chark, DeVante Parker at WR even though it is 0.5 PPR I really don't see him as a Flex barring injuries.

I guess you can say I am in the same boat. McKinnon's behind too many good players on my team to justify starting him while Mostert is healthy.

While McKinnon was the primary starter though, he did pretty well fantasy wise. It would be just my luck that I cut him, and Mostert gets knocked out for the rest of the season. Knock on wood, I am not trying to jinx him.
Mike  
MadPlaid : 10/16/2020 1:05 pm : link
Good luck this weekend
I'm not sure how you guys distribute your time...  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 1:13 pm : link
but I focus about 75% of my fantasy football time on the team in the league that I run. Sadly we haven't had much in terms of trades so far. Only four and I've been part of one (C.Akers for M.Valdez-Scantling when D.Adams was out for a bit).

Right now, I'm trying to trade my QB3 (T.Bridgewater) and M.Williams for T.Boyd and J.Williams since the other owner just lost D.Prescott and is relying on R.Fitz and B.Mayfield to carry him. And since our bench in 10 deep, there is literally no QB left in waiver. I told him to send me a counteroffer, so we'll see what he sends me.
RE: RE: RE: RE: I have A Jones and Sanders  
beatrixkiddo : 10/16/2020 1:15 pm : link
In comment 15010533 RC in MD said:
Quote:
In comment 15010525 beatrixkiddo said:


Quote:



Thanks.

I had Sanders as a 4th round keeper from the year prior. Picked 10 in 12 team PPR league. Drafted Julio at 1, Jones at the turn. Then nabbed Taylor. With my 3rd rounder. Robinson I stole with my high waiver priority week one after losing Mack. It’s paid off well. But I am hurting at WR: Julio, Parker, Slayton and Green. Unfortunately not many people are willing to give up a top WR for one of my RBs so I’m just riding it out. Should be ok when Julio comes back. Also have Reagor on IR.



Oh...that's Julio Jones...I thought you meant you had Aaron Jones. I also have Julio (picked him #14 after picking D.Adams #11), and he's been worthless thus far.

I'm in the opposite situation. I have a number of good WRs that I want to trade away (Jones being the #1 I want to trade), but no one wants to trade a RB to me...lol. Freaking hell.


I have both Jones. Julio was my first pick, Aaron Jones 2nd pick. Haha sorry for the confusion.
RE: Mike  
Mike in NY : 10/16/2020 1:19 pm : link
In comment 15010546 MadPlaid said:
Quote:
Good luck this weekend


Tied for first at 4-1. Another 4 teams are 3-2 and it is 6 team playoff. Got really lucky last week. A number of my moves backfired but ended up playing a team whose moves have backfired all season and has the lowest points scored in the league despite having what, on draft day, looked like a middle of the pack team.
Random question...  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 1:19 pm : link
I have an IR spot to stash an IR player (we have one regular IR spot)...currently these are the top three available. Who would you stash?

J.Reagor
T.Coleman
P.Campbell

I also just picked up C.Davis to stash as one of my COVID-19 IR designation.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: I have A Jones and Sanders  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 1:20 pm : link
In comment 15010562 beatrixkiddo said:
Quote:
I have both Jones. Julio was my first pick, Aaron Jones 2nd pick. Haha sorry for the confusion.


Nice
FYI...  
pjcas18 : 10/16/2020 1:27 pm : link


Zak Keefer
@zkeefer
·
2h
Very good news: Colts owner Jim Irsay says it appears the team's positive tests results this morning were false positives.

Bengals at Colts is on for Sunday, Irsay says.
RE: RE: Mike  
MadPlaid : 10/16/2020 1:36 pm : link
In comment 15010569 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
In comment 15010546 MadPlaid said:


Quote:


Good luck this weekend



Tied for first at 4-1. Another 4 teams are 3-2 and it is 6 team playoff. Got really lucky last week. A number of my moves backfired but ended up playing a team whose moves have backfired all season and has the lowest points scored in the league despite having what, on draft day, looked like a middle of the pack team.

Nice. Luck is a big factor in Fantasy. Good to be on the positive side.

I'm 2-3 in my league. Started 0-3. I was definitely not on the positive side of luck early on. Starting to turn it around. Only one game back from the division lead. Not bad considering my start. Its going to be a very odd season. Cheers
What's your thought on this trade?  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 1:53 pm : link
CEH and T.Fulgham

for

J.Robinson and DJ.Chark



I'm afraid that CEH's value will start decreasing throughout the season, and I need a proven WR.
RE: What's your thought on this trade?  
Mike in NY : 10/16/2020 2:06 pm : link
In comment 15010618 RC in MD said:
Quote:
CEH and T.Fulgham

for

J.Robinson and DJ.Chark



I'm afraid that CEH's value will start decreasing throughout the season, and I need a proven WR.


Considering that KC signed Bell and Fulgham's value is short term IMHO, I would be okay trading those two. Do they have WR other than Chark who is battling a lot of injuries?
They have...  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 2:10 pm : link
A.Thielen, L.Shenault, DJ.Moore, J.Jeudy.

I didn't want to ask for someone that he didn't want to give up more like Thielen or Moore. So I basically asked for the middle level guy in Chark so that the scale wouldn't tip too much away from him taking CEH.
Dalvin  
pjcas18 : 10/16/2020 2:14 pm : link
Cook out Sunday vs ATL.
RE: Dalvin  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 2:17 pm : link
In comment 15010642 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
Cook out Sunday vs ATL.


It's going to suck for his owner since they'll be missing Cook for two weeks with the Vikings having a Bye next week as well. It's a good thing that he'll get time to rest during the Bye, but two weeks without your RB1 can be pretty hard on any team.
RE: They have...  
Mike in NY : 10/16/2020 2:35 pm : link
In comment 15010633 RC in MD said:
Quote:
A.Thielen, L.Shenault, DJ.Moore, J.Jeudy.

I didn't want to ask for someone that he didn't want to give up more like Thielen or Moore. So I basically asked for the middle level guy in Chark so that the scale wouldn't tip too much away from him taking CEH.


I would try for Thielen but that is just me.
RE: RE: They have...  
RC in MD : 10/16/2020 2:39 pm : link
In comment 15010661 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
In comment 15010633 RC in MD said:


Quote:


A.Thielen, L.Shenault, DJ.Moore, J.Jeudy.

I didn't want to ask for someone that he didn't want to give up more like Thielen or Moore. So I basically asked for the middle level guy in Chark so that the scale wouldn't tip too much away from him taking CEH.



I would try for Thielen but that is just me.


At this point, everyone is reluctant to take CEH with the Bell signing, so unless I trade CEH straight up for Thielen, there is no way the other owner is going to trade Robinson and Thielen for CEH and Fulgham.
Was just offered a trade  
rasbutant : 10/16/2020 9:08 pm : link
I would get Michael Thomas

I would give Kupp and CEH

Couple days ago I would not consider it. But with the Bell signing?

I have a pretty stacked team.

Qb Rodgers newton Herbert
Rb J Taylor, Robinson, Jones, freeman, plus CEH
Wr Hopkins, Evans, chark, plus Kupp
TE Engram Tonyan
Back to the Corner