for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

NFT: Best Dessert Recipes

Grey Pilgrim : 2/17/2021 11:32 am
These two are amazing!

What are yours?
Outrageous Brownies - ( New Window )
German Chocolate Cake!  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/17/2021 11:33 am : link
...
German Chocolate Cake - ( New Window )
Coconut-Pecan Filling and Frosting!  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/17/2021 11:37 am : link
...
Coconut-Pecan Filling and Frosting - ( New Window )
Beer  
Beer Man : 2/17/2021 12:54 pm : link
in a frosted glass
Tres Leches Cake  
DC Gmen Fan : 2/17/2021 1:38 pm : link
from Natasha's Kitchen
Link - ( New Window )
I made Outrageous Brownies for  
Bill in UT : 2/17/2021 2:33 pm : link
the SB. Froze what we didn't finish. They freeze great.
RE: I made Outrageous Brownies for  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/17/2021 2:37 pm : link
In comment 15155461 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
the SB. Froze what we didn't finish. They freeze great.


Nice! Ina G is awesome!
RE: RE: I made Outrageous Brownies for  
Bill in UT : 2/17/2021 2:46 pm : link
In comment 15155464 Grey Pilgrim said:
Quote:
In comment 15155461 Bill in UT said:


Quote:


the SB. Froze what we didn't finish. They freeze great.



Nice! Ina G is awesome!


yeah, I've got over 300 of her recipes on my tablet. Here's another dessert from her if anyone is into rugelach. A little work intensive, tho
Link - ( New Window )
RE: RE: I made Outrageous Brownies for  
Bill in UT : 2/17/2021 2:48 pm : link
In comment 15155464 Grey Pilgrim said:
Quote:
In comment 15155461 Bill in UT said:


Quote:


the SB. Froze what we didn't finish. They freeze great.



Nice! Ina G is awesome!


I leave out the walnuts in the brownies. Maybe I'll try them some time
We watched Stanley Tucci  
oghwga : 2/17/2021 4:23 pm : link
In Italy Sunday night. Can any Italian food ever be bad?

I'm now craving authentic lemon delight. I'll let you know if I can dig up a recipe.
Link - ( New Window )
RE: RE: RE: I made Outrageous Brownies for  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/17/2021 5:31 pm : link
In comment 15155471 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 15155464 Grey Pilgrim said:


Quote:


In comment 15155461 Bill in UT said:


Quote:


the SB. Froze what we didn't finish. They freeze great.



Nice! Ina G is awesome!



yeah, I've got over 300 of her recipes on my tablet. Here's another dessert from her if anyone is into rugelach. A little work intensive, tho Link - ( New Window )


Thanks Bill! This looks interesting.
Grey  
mitch300 : 2/17/2021 5:51 pm : link
The brownies look fantastic. My concern, is having to use such a big pan ( in the past I have made brownies in a 8 x 8 pan) that the outer brownies will be over cooked.
Brownie  
Bigislandfan : 2/17/2021 6:16 pm : link
What’s the recommended amount of pakalolo to add to the recipe?
Here's another great Ina recipe!  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/18/2021 9:40 am : link
...
Maple Pecan Pie! - ( New Window )
RE: Here's another great Ina recipe!  
Bill in UT : 2/18/2021 1:22 pm : link
In comment 15156045 Grey Pilgrim said:
Quote:
... Maple Pecan Pie! - ( New Window )


I just read the reviews on this one, and there are many that are not good. That's unusual for Ina. You must have had a good experience with it. On a Southern dish like this, I went with a Southerner :) Emeril.
Link - ( New Window )
Besides Beer in a frosted glass...  
D HOS : 2/18/2021 1:26 pm : link
I'm not good enough yet to bake from scratch, but I love the results of:

Ghiradelli dark chocolate brownies (add extra egg white), bake a little longer.

Duncan hines cake mix - substitute milk for the water, add extra egg white, substitute 1/2 the oil for melted butter, whip the wet ingredients well, don't over mix the batter, bake a little longer.

I have played around with other ingredient substitutions and different stuff but those give me the best and excellent results.
I will try the outragous brownies  
D HOS : 2/18/2021 1:27 pm : link
and see how they compare.
Bill  
Big Al : 2/18/2021 1:30 pm : link
A crown came out while eating a dessert a few days ago. My dentist cancelled his appointments today because of the snowstorm. Are you available?
RE: RE: Here's another great Ina recipe!  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/18/2021 1:34 pm : link
In comment 15156378 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 15156045 Grey Pilgrim said:


Quote:


... Maple Pecan Pie! - ( New Window )



I just read the reviews on this one, and there are many that are not good. That's unusual for Ina. You must have had a good experience with it. On a Southern dish like this, I went with a Southerner :) Emeril. Link - ( New Window )


Hey Bill! I ajusted the recipe:

1/2 cup Maple Syrup

3/4 cup Unsalted Butter

3 cups of Pecans

and

1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar

Need to bake 5 to 15 more than the recipe calls for..

HTH
RE: Bill  
Bill in UT : 2/18/2021 1:34 pm : link
In comment 15156391 Big Al said:
Quote:
A crown came out while eating a dessert a few days ago. My dentist cancelled his appointments today because of the snowstorm. Are you available?


yeah, Al, I'm ready. And I'm defrosting some Outrageous Brownies for dessert with friends tonight. Just give me a call at 480-555-1234 :)
RE: Bill  
Bill in UT : 2/18/2021 1:38 pm : link
In comment 15156391 Big Al said:
Quote:
A crown came out while eating a dessert a few days ago. My dentist cancelled his appointments today because of the snowstorm. Are you available?


Funny observation. When I lived on LI, patients would cancel appointments if there was a dusting of snow in their driveways. And everyone had an SUV. In Utah, they'd drive their trucks over in a blizzard.
Sorry Bill...  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/18/2021 1:55 pm : link
I should have mentioned that.

:whoops:
RE: I will try the outragous brownies  
Bill in UT : 2/18/2021 2:00 pm : link
In comment 15156386 D HOS said:
Quote:
and see how they compare.


The only time I had a problem with the OBs was due to not waiting until the batter reached room temp before adding last choc chip addition. Chips melted. My last time, toothpick came out clean, but they were still a little moist and crumbled some when removing. Refrigerating before cutting would probably solve that. They still tasted as good :)
RE: Tres Leches Cake  
montanagiant : 2/19/2021 3:59 pm : link
In comment 15155392 DC Gmen Fan said:
Quote:
from Natasha's Kitchen Link - ( New Window )

I'm making this tonight
RE: RE: Tres Leches Cake  
Bill in UT : 2/19/2021 5:03 pm : link
In comment 15157379 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 15155392 DC Gmen Fan said:


Quote:


from Natasha's Kitchen Link - ( New Window )


I'm making this tonight


I hope you're not diabetic :)
made these today  
Bill in UT : 2/19/2021 11:42 pm : link
As good as any soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies as I've made. The tops will still be pretty soft when the sides start to brown- that's ok. From Kelsey Nixon
Link - ( New Window )
lemon delights  
Shirk130 : 2/20/2021 7:02 am : link
Quote:
We watched Stanley Tucci
oghwga : 2/17/2021 4:23 pm : link : reply
In Italy Sunday night. Can any Italian food ever be bad?

I'm now craving authentic lemon delight. I'll let you know if I can dig up a recipe.
Link - ( New Window )


Loved that show, can't wait for more. I found this recipe, seems close...I'm going to give it a shot
Link - ( New Window )
RE: Tres Leches Cake  
EricJ : 2/20/2021 7:14 am : link
In comment 15155392 DC Gmen Fan said:
Quote:
from Natasha's Kitchen Link - ( New Window )


I prefer quatro leches cake. It is 33% better...
RE: RE: Here's another great Ina recipe!  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/20/2021 8:30 am : link
In comment 15156378 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 15156045 Grey Pilgrim said:


Quote:


... Maple Pecan Pie! - ( New Window )



I just read the reviews on this one, and there are many that are not good. That's unusual for Ina. You must have had a good experience with it. On a Southern dish like this, I went with a Southerner :) Emeril. Link - ( New Window )
This looks worth trying....thanks for posting!
RE: RE: I will try the outragous brownies  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/20/2021 8:59 am : link
In comment 15156441 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 15156386 D HOS said:


Quote:


and see how they compare.



The only time I had a problem with the OBs was due to not waiting until the batter reached room temp before adding last choc chip addition. Chips melted. My last time, toothpick came out clean, but they were still a little moist and crumbled some when removing. Refrigerating before cutting would probably solve that. They still tasted as good :)
I had the exact same problem with the brownies crumbling...anyone have a good solution?

Maybe more butter or eggs and a longer cooking time?

TIA
BTW they still taste great!  
Grey Pilgrim : 2/20/2021 9:08 am : link
:thumbsup:
RE: RE: RE: Tres Leches Cake  
montanagiant : 2/20/2021 5:02 pm : link
In comment 15157411 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 15157379 montanagiant said:


Quote:


In comment 15155392 DC Gmen Fan said:


Quote:


from Natasha's Kitchen Link - ( New Window )


I'm making this tonight



I hope you're not diabetic :)
Definitely going to need to figure out some sugar substitute for it
RE: RE: RE: RE: Tres Leches Cake  
Bill in UT : 2/20/2021 5:30 pm : link
In comment 15157867 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 15157411 Bill in UT said:


Quote:


In comment 15157379 montanagiant said:


Quote:


In comment 15155392 DC Gmen Fan said:


Quote:


from Natasha's Kitchen Link - ( New Window )


I'm making this tonight



I hope you're not diabetic :)

Definitely going to need to figure out some sugar substitute for it


Did you make it?
RE: RE: Tres Leches Cake  
DC Gmen Fan : 2/20/2021 5:44 pm : link
In comment 15157379 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 15155392 DC Gmen Fan said:


Quote:


from Natasha's Kitchen Link - ( New Window )


I'm making this tonight



FYI I did cut the sugar in half. I thought it was still great.
We tried to make the brownies  
D HOS : 3/1/2021 3:04 pm : link
If I ran a food blog, it would be called the klumsy kitchen.

My son and I tried to make the brownies.

I am right now writing an apology email to Ms. Garten for any psychic distress she may have felt on Sunday afternoon.

We will have to try again on another day after I buy replacement ingredients.
RE: We tried to make the brownies  
Bill in UT : 3/1/2021 3:07 pm : link
In comment 15164335 D HOS said:
Quote:
If I ran a food blog, it would be called the klumsy kitchen.

My son and I tried to make the brownies.

I am right now writing an apology email to Ms. Garten for any psychic distress she may have felt on Sunday afternoon.

We will have to try again on another day after I buy replacement ingredients.


That's sad to hear. Any particular problems we might be able to help you through?
My experience with the Brownies...  
Grey Pilgrim : 3/1/2021 3:14 pm : link
is that they fall apart and crumble. Anyone have a solution for it?
RE: My experience with the Brownies...  
Bill in UT : 3/1/2021 3:24 pm : link
In comment 15164343 Grey Pilgrim said:
Quote:
is that they fall apart and crumble. Anyone have a solution for it?


I'd suggest 2 things. 1-make sure that even if a toothpick comes out clean, there is no wiggles in the middle if you shake the baking dish. 2-Before cutting, refrigerate for a few hours and then wet/clean the knife in hot water when cutting. Remove them with a spatula. As a last resort, if they crumble, try to piece them together a little or just eat them in pieces. They're delicious anyway.
RE: My experience with the Brownies...  
Bill in UT : 3/1/2021 3:26 pm : link
In comment 15164343 Grey Pilgrim said:
Quote:
is that they fall apart and crumble. Anyone have a solution for it?


And you can always sprinkle the crumbles over a scoop of vanilla ice cream :)
Thanks Bill!  
Grey Pilgrim : 3/1/2021 3:35 pm : link
You're always helpful.

:thumbsup:
LOL  
D HOS : 3/1/2021 4:05 pm : link
just that at some point in my life I received some kind of curse against dexterity so that my normal hands act like they have oven mitts on. We didn't get much past "melt chocolate". That's ok, I am an excellent engineer and we already have three different better solutions for our next try. Or we can buy a legit double boiler. Been meaning to get one.
I don't use a double boiler  
Bill in UT : 3/1/2021 4:10 pm : link
to melt chocolate anymore. Put the chocolate and butter (or if making a ganache, chocolate and cream) in a microwave-safe dish, cover, and heat in 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each time (probably nothing will melt in first minute and a half) until the chocolate melts and totally blends.
Any recipe that has the 2 words ....  
short lease : 3/2/2021 12:49 pm : link

Key Lime .... in it.


Sorry, I am a better eater than I am a cooker. : )
RE: RE: My experience with the Brownies...  
Grey Pilgrim : 5:40 pm : link
In comment 15164355 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 15164343 Grey Pilgrim said:


Quote:


is that they fall apart and crumble. Anyone have a solution for it?



I'd suggest 2 things. 1-make sure that even if a toothpick comes out clean, there is no wiggles in the middle if you shake the baking dish. 2-Before cutting, refrigerate for a few hours and then wet/clean the knife in hot water when cutting. Remove them with a spatula. As a last resort, if they crumble, try to piece them together a little or just eat them in pieces. They're delicious anyway.


Just made this! I'll let you know how it goes!

:yum:
I've got a friend who has a lemon tree  
Bill in UT : 5:47 pm : link
and gives me lemons. I'm made a new recipe for tonight, he's coming over. From Jacques Pepin, lemon mousseline. It's like a mousse, with no cooking. Won't be tasting it for another 5 hours or so.
RE: I've got a friend who has a lemon tree  
Grey Pilgrim : 5:51 pm : link
In comment 15166084 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
and gives me lemons. I'm made a new recipe for tonight, he's coming over. From Jacques Pepin, lemon mousseline. It's like a mousse, with no cooking. Won't be tasting it for another 5 hours or so.


Nice!
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Tres Leches Cake  
montanagiant : 8:15 pm : link
In comment 15157880 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 15157867 montanagiant said:


Quote:


In comment 15157411 Bill in UT said:


Quote:


In comment 15157379 montanagiant said:


Quote:


In comment 15155392 DC Gmen Fan said:


Quote:


from Natasha's Kitchen Link - ( New Window )


I'm making this tonight



I hope you're not diabetic :)

Definitely going to need to figure out some sugar substitute for it



Did you make it?

Yeah, a lot of work for IMO not that great of a cake
Hey Bill  
montanagiant : 8:27 pm : link
What do you use to organize your online recipes? I have a bunch under Recipes in my favorites but not in any kind of orginization
Back to the Corner