for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

NFT: Orioles @ Yankees 4/7 GDT 6:35PM

Jints in Carolina : 4/7/2021 3:29 pm
NYY Lineup

DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
Gleyber Torres (R) SS
Aaron Hicks (S) CF
Giancarlo Stanton (R) DH
Clint Frazier (R) RF
Jay Bruce (L) 1B
Gary Sanchez (R) C
Gio Urshela (R) 3B
Brett Gardner (L) LF

No Judge today.

Jameson Taillon vs. John Means
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Torres is showing he ain't the answer at SS  
mfsd : 4/7/2021 10:00 pm : link
In comment 15213301 rnargi said:
Quote:
And Bruce is not a first baseman. At all.


Yup as bad as that throw was, a major league 1B should be able to pick that one. But no excuse for Torres. I think FMIC may be right, Torres double clutching a lot on his throws, it’s getting mental
RE: RE: How did he score?  
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:00 pm : link
In comment 15213268 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
In comment 15213264 GruningsOnTheHill said:


Quote:


Once the guy cut it off in the gap, I figured there was no way they would send him.



that was a great play to cut that off in the gap. That relay by Galvis was pretty bang/bang to make that as close as it was.

Tauchman can move. His straightline speed is good, but his baserunning instinct from reactions to angles to judgement is elite.


Tauchman has better than good speed. He is pretty doggone close to Gardy in speed and on the base path. I still think Gardy is a touch better on both and Wade is damn close.
Carlos Correa  
adamg : 4/7/2021 10:00 pm : link
.
RE: RE: Torres is showing he ain't the answer at SS  
rnargi : 4/7/2021 10:01 pm : link
In comment 15213305 shockeyisthebest8056 said:
Quote:
In comment 15213301 rnargi said:


Quote:


And Bruce is not a first baseman. At all.



Torres screwed the pooch, but Bruce didn’t exactly remind anyone of Donnie Baseball there.


What's with the awful foot work by Tores? Is he waiting for Bruce to set up? Agreed, FMiC...Bruce should have had that...but a terrible delivery by Tores
Torres is lost.  
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:02 pm : link
He flat out cannot throw to 1st anymore from 1st.
RE: Torres is lost.  
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:03 pm : link
In comment 15213314 section125 said:
Quote:
He flat out cannot throw to 1st anymore from 1st.


damn "short".. I am lost
It's a mental..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/7/2021 10:03 pm : link
thing and it is leading to bad techniques too.

Un fortunately, it sets everyone off when that happens. Bruce has to basically be prepared for anything instead of just focusing on digging out a tough one.

And of course, Frazier K's now
RE: It's a mental..  
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:06 pm : link
In comment 15213317 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
thing and it is leading to bad techniques too.

Un fortunately, it sets everyone off when that happens. Bruce has to basically be prepared for anything instead of just focusing on digging out a tough one.

And of course, Frazier K's now


Steve Sax. If they don't get him off of short he will flame out.

Frazier has looked like shit flailing away at the plate.

And Jay Bruce is useless
My kingdom for Luke Voit  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 4/7/2021 10:06 pm : link
...
the fact that these guys  
bigbluehoya : 4/7/2021 10:07 pm : link
show zero change in approach in the extra inning runner on 2nd situations is troubling.
Fuckin Higgy did it!!!!!  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 4/7/2021 10:07 pm : link
...
Bruce sure talked a lot this spring about how good he still is  
mfsd : 4/7/2021 10:08 pm : link
so far, he’s not backing it up. I suspect the Yanks can’t wait to dump him

And just as I’m typing, Higgy delivers!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/7/2021 10:08 pm : link
.
Higgy Smalls  
bigbluehoya : 4/7/2021 10:08 pm : link
make ya shit ya draws
Wow  
GruningsOnTheHill : 4/7/2021 10:09 pm : link
Talk about a professional slide...

The throw had him beaten.
Maybe this guy just has good stuff because everyone  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 4/7/2021 10:09 pm : link
except for Higgy looked awful against him.
RE: Maybe this guy just has good stuff because everyone  
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:12 pm : link
In comment 15213330 shockeyisthebest8056 said:
Quote:
except for Higgy looked awful against him.


Oh, it is good stuff. Freakin ball falls off the table. He made one mistake to Higgy and Higgy got it.
RE: Maybe this guy just has good stuff because everyone  
mfsd : 4/7/2021 10:13 pm : link
In comment 15213330 shockeyisthebest8056 said:
Quote:
except for Higgy looked awful against him.


He has great stuff, no doubt...but that’s kinda the point, Higgy was the only one to adapt and slash one the other way
For the record, starting every extra inning with a runner in second  
mfsd : 4/7/2021 10:14 pm : link
is fake bullshit, not baseball
A freakin jam shot  
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:17 pm : link
110 foot popup hit? Wow...
RE: For the record, starting every extra inning with a runner in second  
rnargi : 4/7/2021 10:20 pm : link
In comment 15213338 mfsd said:
Quote:
is fake bullshit, not baseball


Yup. And because he was moved to third on the first out, the infield was in and shifted, which allowed that bullshit nubber to fall in. I hate this crap
RE: For the record, starting every extra inning with a runner in second  
RasputinPrime : 4/7/2021 10:22 pm : link
In comment 15213338 mfsd said:
Quote:
is fake bullshit, not baseball


100%
Yankees pitchers are  
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:27 pm : link
doing their job. Some really really good pitching by this staff.
time for the Machine  
RasputinPrime : 4/7/2021 10:30 pm : link
to earn his skittles.
With the..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/7/2021 10:32 pm : link
way they do this BS extra inning fiasco, they should just call it a tie after 12
he was out by way too much  
RasputinPrime : 4/7/2021 10:34 pm : link
for that not to be on Nevin.

And Gio is slower than I thought.
Frustrating loss  
mfsd : 4/7/2021 10:34 pm : link
In the end, the Yanks couldn’t get enough hits to fall, but that Torres error will linger
RE: RE: For the record, starting every extra inning with a runner in second  
NYerInMA : 4/7/2021 10:35 pm : link
In comment 15213349 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
In comment 15213338 mfsd said:


Quote:


is fake bullshit, not baseball



100%


Yup, I hope to god that this rule is gone next year.
RE: RE: RE: For the record, starting every extra inning with a runner in second  
RasputinPrime : 4/7/2021 10:37 pm : link
In comment 15213363 NYerInMA said:
Quote:
In comment 15213349 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


In comment 15213338 mfsd said:


Quote:


is fake bullshit, not baseball



100%



Yup, I hope to god that this rule is gone next year.


Of all the dumb-shit rule changes, this is the one that I hate the most. It's as bad as deciding hockey games with shoot-outs. It isn't part of the game and it artificializes the most important part of the game.
This extra inning rule is garbage  
illmatic : 4/7/2021 10:37 pm : link
and not just because they have two losses from this shit. It’s just lame and it’s not the way baseball is meant to be played. If they go to like 15 innings or something, sure. But come on. I hate it.
Yeah, this is a shitty  
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:38 pm : link
format. It levels the field for inferior teams. Was just thinking there is no way the Orioles get a guy to second against Green twice.

Yankees have to do something with Torres. His head is screwed up and it will only get worse. Every ground ball will be in his head. Three games in four he has messed up a throw on an easy play.
RE: RE: RE: RE: For the record, starting every extra inning with a runner in second  
Bricktop : 4/7/2021 10:39 pm : link
In comment 15213366 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
In comment 15213363 NYerInMA said:


Quote:


In comment 15213349 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


In comment 15213338 mfsd said:


Quote:


is fake bullshit, not baseball



100%



Yup, I hope to god that this rule is gone next year.



Of all the dumb-shit rule changes, this is the one that I hate the most. It's as bad as deciding hockey games with shoot-outs. It isn't part of the game and it artificializes the most important part of the game.


It's worse. It's starting every rush on a 2 on 1. Stupid. Manfred can eat bags of dicks for days.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: For the record, starting every extra inning with a runner in second  
NYerInMA : 4/7/2021 10:40 pm : link
In comment 15213370 Bricktop said:
Quote:
In comment 15213366 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


In comment 15213363 NYerInMA said:


Quote:


In comment 15213349 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


In comment 15213338 mfsd said:


Quote:


is fake bullshit, not baseball



100%



Yup, I hope to god that this rule is gone next year.



Of all the dumb-shit rule changes, this is the one that I hate the most. It's as bad as deciding hockey games with shoot-outs. It isn't part of the game and it artificializes the most important part of the game.



It's worse. It's starting every rush on a 2 on 1. Stupid. Manfred can eat bags of dicks for days.


7-inning doubleheaders are also garbage. But yes, like the shootout in hockey (which I abhor), the extra inning rule is a solution in search of a problem.
I can live with 7 inning doubleheaders for one more season  
mfsd : 4/7/2021 10:42 pm : link
bc there’s still the risk teams get shut down for several days due to Covid, and have to make up a lot of games down the stretch. But in the long run, definitely scrap that too
RE: This extra inning rule is garbage  
RasputinPrime : 4/7/2021 11:15 pm : link
In comment 15213368 illmatic said:
Quote:
and not just because they have two losses from this shit. It’s just lame and it’s not the way baseball is meant to be played. If they go to like 15 innings or something, sure. But come on. I hate it.


More baseball is always better. I think the rule change to limit specialty relievers will bring down the number of extra inning games. That is more than enough of a change.
_________  
I am Ninja : 4/7/2021 11:27 pm : link
Get rid of this fuckin bullshit extra inning rule. Play baseball or dont. Fuck these sandlot gimmicks.
That rule is 1 of the reasons I'm less  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/7/2021 11:30 pm : link
into baseball than I've been in years. I get they want to try to speed up a boring game, but this rule isn't the answer. I mean, I think even a 12 year old baseball fan can figure out that this rule isn't the answer. But Manfred can't?
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: For the record, starting every extra inning with a runner in second  
chopperhatch : 4/7/2021 11:38 pm : link
In comment 15213370 Bricktop said:
Quote:
In comment 15213366 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


In comment 15213363 NYerInMA said:


Quote:


In comment 15213349 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


In comment 15213338 mfsd said:


Quote:


is fake bullshit, not baseball



100%



Yup, I hope to god that this rule is gone next year.



Of all the dumb-shit rule changes, this is the one that I hate the most. It's as bad as deciding hockey games with shoot-outs. It isn't part of the game and it artificializes the most important part of the game.



It's worse. It's starting every rush on a 2 on 1. Stupid. Manfred can eat bags of dicks for days.


I dontthink there is onething ONE THING Mamfred has done to make the game better. From his stupid rules, to adding playoff teams, to allowing the Astros off the hook, to the MLB All Star game chamge.... He is fucking dreadful. Bucked tooth slime that he is.
Yanks were 5-2 in extra innings last year  
shyster : 4/8/2021 12:11 am : link
The six division winners went 23-9.

No evidence there of the rule leveling the field for inferior teams. I'd wait to see what the stats show for this full season before drawing any conclusions in that regard.
Daaaaaaaa  
Straw Hat : 4/8/2021 6:23 am : link
Jankees lose!
The big..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/8/2021 7:26 am : link
thing about the extra innings rationale was some horseshit about player safety.

Frankly, starting a runner on base every inning can lead to more injuries than just playing regularly. Lok at what could have possibly happened on a play at the plate with Gio. That's going to be frequent as players try to tag up or score on singles.
Great hustle  
Carson53 : 4/8/2021 8:50 am : link
by El Gary last night, wow. That is brutal to watch.
Torres needs to get it together quickly here, they are pigeonhold with him at SS right now.
On to the Trop, not one of their favorite destinations.
RE: The big..  
HomerJones45 : 4/8/2021 11:04 am : link
In comment 15213441 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
thing about the extra innings rationale was some horseshit about player safety.

Frankly, starting a runner on base every inning can lead to more injuries than just playing regularly. Lok at what could have possibly happened on a play at the plate with Gio. That's going to be frequent as players try to tag up or score on singles.
It is supposed to save pitchers. There are no more long relievers anymore; relief pitchers go a couple of innings at most, pitchers are on pitch counts, teams use their closers in the 9th inning, and it is possible in an extra inning game to either run out of pitchers, resulting in the much criticized use of position players to pitch or force a pitcher go beyond pitch counts.
Position players..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/8/2021 11:11 am : link
actually pitching happens a handful of times each year though.

The Orioles used their last position player last night, so it is possible this ridiculous rule will have other impacts.
RE: Daaaaaaaa  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/8/2021 11:13 am : link
In comment 15213419 Straw Hat said:
Quote:
Jankees lose!


So did your mom the day you were born.

Who is this rejoiner?
RE: Yanks were 5-2 in extra innings last year  
mfsd : 4/8/2021 11:16 am : link
In comment 15213402 shyster said:
Quote:
The six division winners went 23-9.

No evidence there of the rule leveling the field for inferior teams. I'd wait to see what the stats show for this full season before drawing any conclusions in that regard.


Nobody’s claiming the playing field isn’t fair to the Yankees with the guy on second, they lost last night bc they couldn’t get the big hit and bad defense cost them. just that it’s not real baseball to me
RE: RE: Yanks were 5-2 in extra innings last year  
shyster : 4/8/2021 11:48 am : link
In comment 15213650 mfsd said:
Quote:




Nobody’s claiming the playing field isn’t fair to the Yankees with the guy on second, they lost last night bc they couldn’t get the big hit and bad defense cost them. just that it’s not real baseball to me


Quote:
Yeah, this is a shitty
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:38 pm : link : reply
format. It levels the field for inferior teams. Was just thinking there is no way the Orioles get a guy to second against Green twice.


I didn't use the reply format to that post, so not dogging you for missing it.

I do think that whether the rule does or does not slant game outcomes is a pertinent consideration.

But, sure, no one can tell you or anyone else that they should enjoy watching something artificial.
RE: RE: RE: Yanks were 5-2 in extra innings last year  
mfsd : 4/8/2021 12:29 pm : link
In comment 15213682 shyster said:
Quote:
In comment 15213650 mfsd said:


Quote:






Nobody’s claiming the playing field isn’t fair to the Yankees with the guy on second, they lost last night bc they couldn’t get the big hit and bad defense cost them. just that it’s not real baseball to me





Quote:


Yeah, this is a shitty
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:38 pm : link : reply
format. It levels the field for inferior teams. Was just thinking there is no way the Orioles get a guy to second against Green twice.



I didn't use the reply format to that post, so not dogging you for missing it.

I do think that whether the rule does or does not slant game outcomes is a pertinent consideration.

But, sure, no one can tell you or anyone else that they should enjoy watching something artificial.


I’d missed that, touché. Big picture, we’re all just fans talking baseball with likeminded folks on a message board, I’ve got no problem with anyone who disagrees with me or has different opinions.

And I was admittedly a little cranky last night watching both the Knicks and Yanks give away games late. Such is life as a sports fan:)
RE: RE: RE: RE: Yanks were 5-2 in extra innings last year  
section125 : 4/8/2021 12:40 pm : link
In comment 15213737 mfsd said:
Quote:
In comment 15213682 shyster said:


Quote:


In comment 15213650 mfsd said:


Quote:






Nobody’s claiming the playing field isn’t fair to the Yankees with the guy on second, they lost last night bc they couldn’t get the big hit and bad defense cost them. just that it’s not real baseball to me





Quote:


Yeah, this is a shitty
section125 : 4/7/2021 10:38 pm : link : reply
format. It levels the field for inferior teams. Was just thinking there is no way the Orioles get a guy to second against Green twice.



I didn't use the reply format to that post, so not dogging you for missing it.

I do think that whether the rule does or does not slant game outcomes is a pertinent consideration.

But, sure, no one can tell you or anyone else that they should enjoy watching something artificial.



I’d missed that, touché. Big picture, we’re all just fans talking baseball with likeminded folks on a message board, I’ve got no problem with anyone who disagrees with me or has different opinions.

And I was admittedly a little cranky last night watching both the Knicks and Yanks give away games late. Such is life as a sports fan:)


Probably right that it does not help the inferior teams as much as I thnk, just I did not think the O's get a player on against Green in that situation.

And in the end, the Yanks failed to get Urshela home to tie the game with Santander make a good thrpw...
RE: With the..  
Victor in CT : 4/8/2021 12:58 pm : link
In comment 15213357 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
way they do this BS extra inning fiasco, they should just call it a tie after 12


Why not just use Babe Ruth rules? 10 run Mercy rule after 4 innings. 2 1/2 hour limit (I gave an extra 1/2 hour for the 2 inning difference.)
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner