for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Schraeger Mock Draft 1.0

Angel Eyes : 4/8/2021 3:02 pm
He actually has six quarterbacks going in the first round with Davis Mills of Stanford going to Tampa Bay at the end of the first round. The Giants would be drafting Micah Parsons here.
Peter Schrager 2021 NFL mock draft 1.0: Pats trade up for Justin Fields, Cardinals go get Kyle Pitts - ( New Window )
I doubt they are taking him  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 4/8/2021 3:19 pm : link
with both Waddle and Smith on the board
Correct link - ( New Window )
Agreed  
Thegratefulhead : 4/8/2021 3:37 pm : link
Smith is technically perfect and Waddle is Tyreek Hill with character.
I can't  
Ron Johnson : 4/8/2021 3:42 pm : link
pay attention to anything less than 3.2
I think the fear  
lugnut : 4/8/2021 4:06 pm : link
re Smith is he's gonna get his "technically perfect" ass snapped in half like a pencil at a rumored 167 pounds. That's my ONLY concern -- otherwise the pick is an utter no-brainer.
RE: I think the fear  
Mike in NY : 4/8/2021 4:11 pm : link
In comment 15214009 lugnut said:
Quote:
re Smith is he's gonna get his "technically perfect" ass snapped in half like a pencil at a rumored 167 pounds. That's my ONLY concern -- otherwise the pick is an utter no-brainer.


He was more durable in college than Waddle. I want no part of Waddle if he can't demonstrate that he is back from his injury. His performance in championship game was nowhere near 11th overall caliber especially when Smith was putting up 12 for 215 and 3 TD's against same opponent.
Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
Zeke's Alibi : 4/8/2021 4:50 pm : link
certainly of note.
RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
adamg : 4/8/2021 4:56 pm : link
In comment 15214090 Zeke's Alibi said:
Quote:
certainly of note.


Isn't Vacciano the only one with any insight to the pick? And it's like the day before. There's no one with insight right now. IMO.
RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
Zeke's Alibi : 4/8/2021 5:02 pm : link
In comment 15214095 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 15214090 Zeke's Alibi said:


Quote:


certainly of note.



Isn't Vacciano the only one with any insight to the pick? And it's like the day before. There's no one with insight right now. IMO.


Don't know if you are being facetious or not, but the two gold standards of being tuned into teams thinking are Glazer and Schraeger, everyone else in a very far second.

And you are right, there is no one with total insight right now, but this is when the rumblings start and probably why he didn't release his first mock until right now. Personally, having a hard time not believing it's Smith, but Schraeger knows his stuff, so I doubt this is coming out of left field.
RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
Kevin in Annapolis : 4/8/2021 5:02 pm : link
In comment 15214095 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 15214090 Zeke's Alibi said:


Quote:


certainly of note.



Isn't Vacciano the only one with any insight to the pick? And it's like the day before. There's no one with insight right now. IMO.


Not sure how plugged in he is anymore, had them taking Wirfs last year
If you want to judge a guy getting picks wrong on a mock draft from  
Zeke's Alibi : 4/8/2021 5:03 pm : link
one team, then you'd have to discount them all.
RE: RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
chopperhatch : 4/8/2021 5:13 pm : link
In comment 15214101 Kevin in Annapolis said:
Quote:
In comment 15214095 adamg said:


Quote:


In comment 15214090 Zeke's Alibi said:


Quote:


certainly of note.



Isn't Vacciano the only one with any insight to the pick? And it's like the day before. There's no one with insight right now. IMO.



Not sure how plugged in he is anymore, had them taking Wirfs last year


Many people, including some insiders here had us on Wirfs.

I am still waiting for the horrible character concerns that make Parsons a prohibitive pick, because he would absolutely complete our defense. Hazing? In a power 5 football program? No way! Football players are meatheads.
Chop with the perspective  
adamg : 4/8/2021 5:35 pm : link
I agree. It Parsons checks out, he would be an awesome fit in this D. We could go guard in the 2nd. DL in the third. And cluster some day 3 WR and call it an offseason.
RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/8/2021 5:37 pm : link
In comment 15214090 Zeke's Alibi said:
Quote:
certainly of note.


The funny thing is though, he dismissed Parsons to NY on Good Morning Football last week
RE: Agreed  
Producer : 4/8/2021 5:39 pm : link
In comment 15213980 Thegratefulhead said:
Quote:
Smith is technically perfect and Waddle is Tyreek Hill with character.


If Waddle is Tyreek Hill, as Cosell and many others say, that's not a bad consolation prize if Smith is off the board.
RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
Judge_and_Jury : 4/8/2021 5:42 pm : link
In comment 15214138 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
In comment 15214090 Zeke's Alibi said:


Quote:


certainly of note.



The funny thing is though, he dismissed Parsons to NY on Good Morning Football last week


Then perhaps he doesn't have a great sense on what the Giants will do. Many media folk thought Wirfs last year. Very few had Thomas.
Parsons is my preference if he makes it to 11.  
j_rud : 4/8/2021 5:48 pm : link
I think he's gonna be an all pro, a legit franchise cornerstone. The defense last year was solid, but adding Parsons would give it an identity.
RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
Zeke's Alibi : 4/8/2021 5:48 pm : link
In comment 15214138 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
In comment 15214090 Zeke's Alibi said:


Quote:


certainly of note.



The funny thing is though, he dismissed Parsons to NY on Good Morning Football last week


Which is even more interesting. Schraeger certainly isn't a guy to make shit up for clicks and these situations are always fluid. Possibly made some presumptions based on the orgination and is hearing differently now? I don't really pay attention to these until a week until draft because things change so much, but certainly find it interesting he dismissed it previously.
RE: RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
Zeke's Alibi : 4/8/2021 5:49 pm : link
In comment 15214144 Judge_and_Jury said:
Quote:
In comment 15214138 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


In comment 15214090 Zeke's Alibi said:


Quote:


certainly of note.



The funny thing is though, he dismissed Parsons to NY on Good Morning Football last week



Then perhaps he doesn't have a great sense on what the Giants will do. Many media folk thought Wirfs last year. Very few had Thomas.


If memory serves me right it was essentially between Wirfs and Thomas, but they viewed Thomas as a guy that can play LT and Wirfs not.
I find it hilarious that you are all so sure  
Doubledeuce22 : 4/8/2021 5:51 pm : link
The Giants are taking a WR at 11. I’d bet $1000 they’re not going WR round 1.
Waddle is NOT Tyreek Hill.  
chopperhatch : 4/8/2021 5:58 pm : link
Hill has like a 40" vert, is built like a shit brickhouse and more sudden than Waddle.

Waddle is very fast and lanky with two screws in his ankle.
RE: Waddle is NOT Tyreek Hill.  
Producer : 4/8/2021 6:01 pm : link
In comment 15214172 chopperhatch said:
Quote:
Hill has like a 40" vert, is built like a shit brickhouse and more sudden than Waddle.

Waddle is very fast and lanky with two screws in his ankle.


you should e-mail Greg Cosell because he literally *just said* Waddle is Tyreek Hill.
RE: Waddle is NOT Tyreek Hill.  
adamg : 4/8/2021 6:02 pm : link
In comment 15214172 chopperhatch said:
Quote:
Hill has like a 40" vert, is built like a shit brickhouse and more sudden than Waddle.

Waddle is very fast and lanky with two screws in his ankle.


Shit brickhouses gross me out
RE: I find it hilarious that you are all so sure  
adamg : 4/8/2021 6:03 pm : link
In comment 15214157 Doubledeuce22 said:
Quote:
The Giants are taking a WR at 11. I’d bet $1000 they’re not going WR round 1.


I think you might be right. I don't think it's a sure thing at all. Defense has to be in play. ER/LB especially.
RE: RE: Waddle is NOT Tyreek Hill.  
chopperhatch : 4/8/2021 6:11 pm : link
In comment 15214177 Producer said:
Quote:
In comment 15214172 chopperhatch said:


Quote:


Hill has like a 40" vert, is built like a shit brickhouse and more sudden than Waddle.

Waddle is very fast and lanky with two screws in his ankle.



you should e-mail Greg Cosell because he literally *just said* Waddle is Tyreek Hill.


Weird, because Hill didnt have a serious ankle injury that required screws, kept him limping to finish the season and he actually had a pro day where he ran sub 4.3 and leapt over 40 inches.

Stupid thing for Cossell to say and even less excusable for you to believe based on those facts. Cossell is in the media, his job is to say things that raise the eyebrows. Its up to you to discern them. But I think that advice is lost on you.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
Milton : 4/8/2021 6:28 pm : link
In comment 15214112 chopperhatch said:
Quote:

I am still waiting for the horrible character concerns that make Parsons a prohibitive pick.
Did somebody promise to inform you on the subject? Isn't it possible that those who are aware of his "horrible character concerns" feel no responsibility to keep you in the loop? I have a funny feeling the Giants are going to make their pick without checking with you ahead of time.
RE: RE: RE: Waddle is NOT Tyreek Hill.  
Producer : 4/8/2021 6:32 pm : link
In comment 15214189 chopperhatch said:
Quote:
In comment 15214177 Producer said:


Quote:


In comment 15214172 chopperhatch said:


Quote:


Hill has like a 40" vert, is built like a shit brickhouse and more sudden than Waddle.

Waddle is very fast and lanky with two screws in his ankle.



you should e-mail Greg Cosell because he literally *just said* Waddle is Tyreek Hill.



Weird, because Hill didnt have a serious ankle injury that required screws, kept him limping to finish the season and he actually had a pro day where he ran sub 4.3 and leapt over 40 inches.

Stupid thing for Cossell to say and even less excusable for you to believe based on those facts. Cossell is in the media, his job is to say things that raise the eyebrows. Its up to you to discern them. But I think that advice is lost on you.


Cosell watches every single snap this kid ever had with Alabama. He watches all the top receiving prospects. He probably watched and logged all of Tyreek Hill's snaps. Cosell knows what he's looking at. Waddle isn't just fast he is an elite twitch athlete.
RE: Agreed  
Harvest Blend : 4/8/2021 6:33 pm : link
In comment 15213980 Thegratefulhead said:
Quote:
Smith is technically perfect and Waddle is Tyreek Hill with character.


Wow, then why are we even discussing this?
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
chopperhatch : 4/8/2021 6:36 pm : link
In comment 15214204 Milton said:
Quote:
In comment 15214112 chopperhatch said:


Quote:



I am still waiting for the horrible character concerns that make Parsons a prohibitive pick.

Did somebody promise to inform you on the subject? Isn't it possible that those who are aware of his "horrible character concerns" feel no responsibility to keep you in the loop? I have a funny feeling the Giants are going to make their pick without checking with you ahead of time.



Love the snark from you....because it is totally unreasonable to want to know what the actual character concerns are that are being mentioned about a player. I mean, because fantastic players havent had their stock plummet due to speculated issues that held merit (Lane Johnson PEDs, Tyreek Hill domestic violence) versus those that don't (Laremy Tunsil, Dan Marino drugs).

It would be much more reasonable for me to be banging the drum for my favorite football team to choose a player based on my sharing religious beliefs with him right?

RE: RE: RE: RE: Waddle is NOT Tyreek Hill.  
chopperhatch : 4/8/2021 6:40 pm : link
In comment 15214206 Producer said:
Quote:
In comment 15214189 chopperhatch said:


Quote:


In comment 15214177 Producer said:


Quote:


In comment 15214172 chopperhatch said:


Quote:


Hill has like a 40" vert, is built like a shit brickhouse and more sudden than Waddle.

Waddle is very fast and lanky with two screws in his ankle.



you should e-mail Greg Cosell because he literally *just said* Waddle is Tyreek Hill.



Weird, because Hill didnt have a serious ankle injury that required screws, kept him limping to finish the season and he actually had a pro day where he ran sub 4.3 and leapt over 40 inches.

Stupid thing for Cossell to say and even less excusable for you to believe based on those facts. Cossell is in the media, his job is to say things that raise the eyebrows. Its up to you to discern them. But I think that advice is lost on you.



Cosell watches every single snap this kid ever had with Alabama. He watches all the top receiving prospects. He probably watched and logged all of Tyreek Hill's snaps. Cosell knows what he's looking at. Waddle isn't just fast he is an elite twitch athlete.


While that may be,he also finished the season with an injury significant enough that it hobbled him in the Champ Game as well as kept him from performing at his pro days. So he, unlike Hill, is an unknown quantity at this point. What if that ankle injury becomes far more of an issue for his career? What kind of help does twitchiness provide that gets him over that issue?
I want the Cowboys to be the fools who wind up with Parsons...  
Milton : 4/8/2021 6:47 pm : link
They belong together like...
Kim and Kanye - ( New Window )
Still a bit early...  
Jimmy Googs : 4/8/2021 6:52 pm : link
but would imagine most will be predicting some type of receiver coming the Giants way in another week or so.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Schraeger is about as plugged in as anyone these days so this is  
Milton : 4/8/2021 7:34 pm : link
In comment 15214209 chopperhatch said:
Quote:
Love the snark from you....
Been in a snarky mood lately and I don't expect it to improve anytime soon.
Quote:
because it is totally unreasonable to want to know what the actual character concerns are that are being mentioned about a player.
It's not unreasonable to want to know the actual concerns, but it's unreasonable to expect anyone in the NFL to inform you of them. Maybe it will be leaked, maybe it won't, maybe it's all just smoke. Except there's a lot of smoke coming from disconnected sources (so it's unlikely it's all generating from a singular dishonest source).
Quote:
I mean, because fantastic players haven't had their stock plummet due to speculated issues that held merit (Lane Johnson PEDs, Tyreek Hill domestic violence) versus those that don't (Laremy Tunsil, Dan Marino drugs).
Prospects see their stock rise and fall for a variety of reasons that all factor into their probability of success. Determining how far a prospect should fall based on off-field concerns depends on the specifics of the concern (maybe just a few spots for weed, but a few rounds for domestic violence). And as I implied so snarkily in my original comment, nobody in the Giants organization is required to inform us of it. They will tell you what they like about the guy they picked, but will rarely (if ever) tell you why they passed on someone.

The thing is, Parsons is a flawed prospect even without the character concerns. Maybe not too flawed to be a first round pick, but too flawed to go #11 overall. He is not big enough to play DE in a 4-3 and he has a lot to learn about the LB position. Does he have the football IQ and instincts to be an every down LB? That's gonna be a leap of faith for the team that selects him. As for the character concerns, if Rico were the only source it would be easier to dismiss, but he isn't the only source, and he was pretty adamant. More adamant than our asshats usually are with their proclamations.

p.s.--Lane Johnson's stock didn't plummet, he went #4 overall.
I don't know what you are arguing here.  
chopperhatch : 4/8/2021 9:19 pm : link
It's silly really. The idea that there was a report of hazing involving a top 15 draft prospect that could drop him out of that top 15, but nobody knows what his involvememt was is a very weak reason not to draft the player was my point (which you missed entirely instead opting to get on your podium and take a lecturous tone with me). If he did something that egregious, seeing as how not only is he a significant prospect, but plays for a program under the utmost scrutiny, it stands to reason, that since there have been articles written about it, we wpuld have gotten at least a hint of what he did wrong. Hell, your QB hero from a few years back was scrutinized for being too outspoken politically wearing an anti-Trump shirt on a golf course, as well as fairly unfounded rumors that he was being talked out of a pro football career by MD parents. What wasn't as talked about was that he just never was a very good prospect.

I had really wanted Parsons early on, bit have cooled off on him largely because I too had heard he lacked the cover skills I thought he had. But don't act like that is the main reason he is being knocked. It's the hazing shit and it is beyond strange to me (others have said this as well) that we have no clue of anything specifically injurious or gruesome that he did to deserve such a slip.

Be as snarky as you want, just be prepared to be called a dick for it and at least attack what my original position is. What you made was the definition of a straw man argument.
Also, this is hilarious from you:  
chopperhatch : 4/8/2021 9:23 pm : link
Quote:
It's not unreasonable to want to know the actual concerns, but it's unreasonable to expect anyone in the NFL to inform you of them. Maybe it will be leaked, maybe it won't, maybe it's all just smoke. Except there's a lot of smoke coming from disconnected sources (so it's unlikely it's all generating from a singular dishonest source).


So what are you actially trying to say here? Because that's kinda the thing I want more clarification on. I never demanded anything from NFL execs to reveal info. I said, "Im still waiting" on it because I have yet to pass judgement on things.

Oh, and because multiple media sources say the same thing without sourcing their material, that means it holds weight right?

Ridiculous response. Now post a stupid youtube clip in retort.
Love the Davis Mills...  
bw in dc : 4/8/2021 9:36 pm : link
call out by Schraegs. This kid is on the rise.

I have no doubt if he played for Alabama he would have had a monster season, too. And very likely a top 5-7 pick. There is absolutely nothing Mac Jones can do that Mills can't do as well.
RE: Love the Davis Mills...  
Bill L : 4/8/2021 10:07 pm : link
In comment 15214361 bw in dc said:
Quote:
call out by Schraegs. This kid is on the rise.

I have no doubt if he played for Alabama he would have had a monster season, too. And very likely a top 5-7 pick. There is absolutely nothing Mac Jones can do that Mills can't do as well.

Tell me about Mond. I’ve seen headlines saying he’s a fast riser.
RE: Also, this is hilarious from you:  
Milton : 4/8/2021 10:25 pm : link
In comment 15214353 chopperhatch said:
Quote:
So what are you actially trying to say here? Because that's kinda the thing I want more clarification on.
Maybe it's something as simple as those that know him best think he's a jerk and would not fit the culture they are trying to create. Maybe he's not considered very coachable. Maybe there's been an incident, separate from the hazing incident, that has yet to be made public, but looms.

Quote:
I never demanded anything from NFL execs to reveal info. I said, "Im still waiting" on it because I have yet to pass judgement on things.
Neither you nor I are making the pick, so we don't need to pass judgment on him. This is about the information that the Giants scouting department is privy to. They are the ones who are making the pick, they are the ones whose judgment matters.

Quote:
Oh, and because multiple media sources say the same thing without sourcing their material, that means it holds weight right?
It's not just the media, it's Rico (and I think another asshat, too). He was pretty adamant that Parsons was not an option at #11 and may even be off the Giants board altogether.

Quote:
Now post a stupid youtube clip in retort.
Here you go...
RE: RE: Love the Davis Mills...  
bw in dc : 4/8/2021 10:36 pm : link
In comment 15214371 Bill L said:
Quote:
In comment 15214361 bw in dc said:


Quote:


call out by Schraegs. This kid is on the rise.

I have no doubt if he played for Alabama he would have had a monster season, too. And very likely a top 5-7 pick. There is absolutely nothing Mac Jones can do that Mills can't do as well.


Tell me about Mond. I’ve seen headlines saying he’s a fast riser.


Good football player and athlete. Has a lot of starts under his belt at A&M and has gotten a bit better every year. But needs to trim a lot of fat in his game to see if there is an NFL QB there. Could never really string a lot of good games together. Would have a great game, but then disappear for a game or two. So a bit of a paradox.

Not the most electric arm but he can move plays on the move. Has some robotic looking mechanics where he doesn't look very natural throwing the ball.

I could see him as a solid 3rd round prospect. I know Chris Simms is very high on him and makes a compelling case.
RE: RE: RE: Love the Davis Mills...  
Bill L : 4/8/2021 10:39 pm : link
In comment 15214389 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 15214371 Bill L said:


Quote:


In comment 15214361 bw in dc said:


Quote:


call out by Schraegs. This kid is on the rise.

I have no doubt if he played for Alabama he would have had a monster season, too. And very likely a top 5-7 pick. There is absolutely nothing Mac Jones can do that Mills can't do as well.


Tell me about Mond. I’ve seen headlines saying he’s a fast riser.



Good football player and athlete. Has a lot of starts under his belt at A&M and has gotten a bit better every year. But needs to trim a lot of fat in his game to see if there is an NFL QB there. Could never really string a lot of good games together. Would have a great game, but then disappear for a game or two. So a bit of a paradox.

Not the most electric arm but he can move plays on the move. Has some robotic looking mechanics where he doesn't look very natural throwing the ball.

I could see him as a solid 3rd round prospect. I know Chris Simms is very high on him and makes a compelling case.
thanks. I saw a story scroll by which questioned whether he or Mack will go first.
RE: RE: Also, this is hilarious from you:  
chopperhatch : 4/8/2021 10:44 pm : link
In comment 15214384 Milton said:
Quote:
In comment 15214353 chopperhatch said:


Quote:


So what are you actially trying to say here? Because that's kinda the thing I want more clarification on.

Maybe it's something as simple as those that know him best think he's a jerk and would not fit the culture they are trying to create. Maybe he's not considered very coachable. Maybe there's been an incident, separate from the hazing incident, that has yet to be made public, but looms.



Quote:


I never demanded anything from NFL execs to reveal info. I said, "Im still waiting" on it because I have yet to pass judgement on things.

Neither you nor I are making the pick, so we don't need to pass judgment on him. This is about the information that the Giants scouting department is privy to. They are the ones who are making the pick, they are the ones whose judgment matters.



Quote:


Oh, and because multiple media sources say the same thing without sourcing their material, that means it holds weight right?

It's not just the media, it's Rico (and I think another asshat, too). He was pretty adamant that Parsons was not an option at #11 and may even be off the Giants board altogether.



Quote:


Now post a stupid youtube clip in retort.

Here you go...


Dude you just read what you choose to. I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR PICKING PARSONS.

You've always been long winded, but now you're just annoying.

::I didnt click::
RE: RE: RE: RE: Love the Davis Mills...  
Bill L : 4/8/2021 10:45 pm : link
In comment 15214391 Bill L said:
Quote:
In comment 15214389 bw in dc said:


Quote:


In comment 15214371 Bill L said:


Quote:


In comment 15214361 bw in dc said:


Quote:


call out by Schraegs. This kid is on the rise.

I have no doubt if he played for Alabama he would have had a monster season, too. And very likely a top 5-7 pick. There is absolutely nothing Mac Jones can do that Mills can't do as well.


Tell me about Mond. I’ve seen headlines saying he’s a fast riser.



Good football player and athlete. Has a lot of starts under his belt at A&M and has gotten a bit better every year. But needs to trim a lot of fat in his game to see if there is an NFL QB there. Could never really string a lot of good games together. Would have a great game, but then disappear for a game or two. So a bit of a paradox.

Not the most electric arm but he can move plays on the move. Has some robotic looking mechanics where he doesn't look very natural throwing the ball.

I could see him as a solid 3rd round prospect. I know Chris Simms is very high on him and makes a compelling case.

thanks. I saw a story scroll by which questioned whether he or Mack will go first.
duh Trask .
...  
ryanmkeane : 4/8/2021 11:17 pm : link
From all info we’ve heard, there’s no chance NYG would draft Parsons over Smith or Waddle
RE: RE: RE: Also, this is hilarious from you:  
Milton : 4/9/2021 1:48 am : link
In comment 15214394 chopperhatch said:
Quote:
::I didnt click::
You missed a good one.
Parsons  
ColHowPepper : 4/9/2021 11:35 am : link
If I have it right--that he plays ILB--doesn't that also reduce likelihood of NYG pick at 11, along with the other commentary that is said to preclude his pick?
Parsons would be the Alpha Male on D.......  
Simms11 : 4/9/2021 1:47 pm : link
I think he would fit Graham’s scheme perfectly and be a real force.
Back to the Corner