for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: Something is Happening with The Knicks

Ralph.C : 4/17/2021 5:56 am
I’m not delusional. The Knicks are not about a “big three.” Julius Randle is our “LeBron” and he is carrying the team on his back. Noel may be the best defensive player in the league. But there is a unity to this team and they play a throwback style of basketball that is unique to these times. They are tough, dangerous and starting to score more consistently.

I now expect them to give any team they play in the playoffs a tough time - and that includes the Nets.

As long as they close things out and get to the playoffs.

Lots of fun watching them for the first time in forever.



Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Randle and RJ are that 1, 2 punch we have been looking for  
robbieballs2003 : 4/17/2021 10:26 am : link
In comment 15223966 larryflower37 said:
Quote:
Add in what Burks has done in the 4th quarter of games this team is a tough out.
If you watched last night their defense frustrated the hell out of Luka and KP.
The doubles on Luka and the close outs on the 3 pt shooters frustrated the Mavs all night.
Plus the physical play had the whole Mavs team whining like babies.
Just think this team has 58 million in cap space and 3 picks in the top 35 picks in the off season.
The arrow is pointing up!


And 9,000 future 2nd round picks. Lol
The physicality they played with  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 10:35 am : link
wore down Luka and Kp, When Carlisle played Luka the entire 3rd and Knicks still up 4, i was feeling good then Rjs start to the 4th was key..

Rose and Burks have been so big for this team off the bench, No Burks last night and Rose picked up the slack..

That block by Noel killed any momentum Dallas could of gotten at the end, Finney smith dunks that and it might be a different ending..
here comes the cold water!  
Enzo : 4/17/2021 10:37 am : link
It's great they're competitive and they have some good young pieces. The really hard part is going from fringe playoff team to fringe contender to real contender.
RE: Not since Sprewell put us on his back along with  
djm : 4/17/2021 10:41 am : link
In comment 15223944 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
Camby in ‘99, have I enjoyed Knicks BB..I was “raised” on Holzman BB and later with Pat Riley, so I was spoiled..


Don’t forget Allen Houston.
RE: here comes the cold water!  
larryflower37 : 4/17/2021 10:54 am : link
In comment 15223974 Enzo said:
Quote:
It's great they're competitive and they have some good young pieces. The really hard part is going from fringe playoff team to fringe contender to real contender.


You are right but the cap space and picks can make that happened if handled correctly.
Rose has shown incredible patience to build it right and not waste capital to help this team at the deadline or on quick fix players.
Now that the garden is alive again and the fan base is charged up it's only a matter of time before a Beal, Lavine, Mitchell, Murray, or Booker.
Asks for a trade to NYC.
The Knicks front office especially WW wes at whispering around the league.
Maybe They TOO  
Joe Beckwith : 4/17/2021 10:55 am : link
have a coach that are using what players can do best and putting them into the right position to win.
RE: RE: here comes the cold water!  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 10:56 am : link
In comment 15223986 larryflower37 said:
Quote:
In comment 15223974 Enzo said:


Quote:


It's great they're competitive and they have some good young pieces. The really hard part is going from fringe playoff team to fringe contender to real contender.



You are right but the cap space and picks can make that happened if handled correctly.
Rose has shown incredible patience to build it right and not waste capital to help this team at the deadline or on quick fix players.
Now that the garden is alive again and the fan base is charged up it's only a matter of time before a Beal, Lavine, Mitchell, Murray, or Booker.
Asks for a trade to NYC.
The Knicks front office especially WW wes at whispering around the league.


I think with Wade becoming a part owner and having an actice role, the amitchell to Knicks rumora are dead
RE: RE: RE: here comes the cold water!  
larryflower37 : 4/17/2021 11:19 am : link
In comment 15223990 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 15223986 larryflower37 said:


Quote:


In comment 15223974 Enzo said:


Quote:


It's great they're competitive and they have some good young pieces. The really hard part is going from fringe playoff team to fringe contender to real contender.



You are right but the cap space and picks can make that happened if handled correctly.
Rose has shown incredible patience to build it right and not waste capital to help this team at the deadline or on quick fix players.
Now that the garden is alive again and the fan base is charged up it's only a matter of time before a Beal, Lavine, Mitchell, Murray, or Booker.
Asks for a trade to NYC.
The Knicks front office especially WW wes at whispering around the league.



I think with Wade becoming a part owner and having an actice role, the amitchell to Knicks rumora are dead


It's still his home town team and NYC gives a lot more options than SLC.
Plus it gets him out of the west.
Knicks would be a nightmare for any  
Section331 : 4/17/2021 11:59 am : link
legit contender in rd 1. They play hard, they lock down on D. Randle is a legit star, and RJ has improved dramatically. They need a #1, but the direction the franchise is in now will attract the big guns.
RE: Knicks would be a nightmare for any  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 12:01 pm : link
In comment 15224029 Section331 said:
Quote:
legit contender in rd 1. They play hard, they lock down on D. Randle is a legit star, and RJ has improved dramatically. They need a #1, but the direction the franchise is in now will attract the big guns.


I think a team like the Nets would want no part kf playing the Knicms, ultimately thr Nets would win but Knicms would fight them tooth and nail..

Sixers i dont think would mind as much, they like that style..

Bucks i dont know, Giannis sure would have to work though
Nets are not going to be full speed  
larryflower37 : 4/17/2021 2:18 pm : link
In the first series, probably could catch them for a game or 2.
I am still holding out hope for the 4 or 5 seed but that is going to mean they need to at least go 3-3 on that west coast trip.
Good coach too  
Giant John : 4/17/2021 2:35 pm : link
Who they should have hired some time ago.
I think the best news for the Knicks going forward has several parts  
manh george : 4/17/2021 2:52 pm : link
First, Dolan has clearly given way to Rose/Thibodeau, so players won't be avoiding the Knicks in order to avoid Dolan.

Second, when the world re-opens, a Garden not haunted by Dolan really is a great place to play, and without the Dolan plague, that has value.

Third, this is apparently such a deep draft that the Knicks will get some value for their top three picks, even if not superstars. Is a trade-up using the Dallas or Detroit pick possible?

Fourth, $58 million, and there are non-superstar stars out there to spend it on--from Ball to Powell to Fournier. Plus a couple of the mid-tier Knicks like Burks.

Fifth, the Knicks MAY be able to keep some of their second-tier talent without killing the cap--from Noel, to Burks, to Rose, to Bullock.

Sixth--the young players that WILL get better, from Barrett to Robinson to Quickly.

Finally, it seems like a real possibility that an extremely deep team playing a la Thibodeau could contend with the teams with superstars, as difficult as that seems. Adding a starting pg and wing, and going a full 10 deep, gets really intriguing, especially if they get to keep both of the rim protectors. The Knicks have proved that a really strong defensive style can work in the modern NBA. Now they need more scoring, and that doesn't have to have a Beal-level cost in trade and cash.

I'm also glad Thibs didn't get his way early on.  
robbieballs2003 : 4/17/2021 3:14 pm : link
There were rumors he wanted to trade Barrett and wanted more vet players to start winning right away. I am glad there is a long term approach with this team right now. This is also why I was against trading for someone like Beal this year. As someone above posted, there is a difference between being good, a weak contender, and a strong contender. In the NBA it doesn't make sense to aim for the playoffs and put fans in the seats. That is what gets you stuck in NBA purgatory. I know we have been burned in FA numerous times but that doesn't mean you just give up on it. If you can land solid players there and still keep your picks that is the best way, imo, to become a legit contender. They have a plan and are sticking to it. They aren't panicking. They didn't force any trades at the deadline. There are some intriguing combo guards in this upcoming draft where if we can target one of them and get Ball then this is an entirely different team. I can't say it enough how crucial having a legit PG on this team like Ball would do for all the other players. He can take pressure off of Randle and still hit the 3 ball. This puts Quickley in a better position as well. Hopefully he continues to improve. I love where this team is headed.
I am going to be a little pissed  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 3:18 pm : link
if KD makes all NBA and Randle is kept off..
RE: I am going to be a little pissed  
robbieballs2003 : 4/17/2021 3:27 pm : link
In comment 15224124 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
if KD makes all NBA and Randle is kept off..


Who votes on that?
RE: RE: I am going to be a little pissed  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 3:29 pm : link
In comment 15224129 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
In comment 15224124 nygiants16 said:


Quote:


if KD makes all NBA and Randle is kept off..



Who votes on that?


I think its media and coaches, i think
RE: I am going to be a little pissed  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 4/17/2021 3:55 pm : link
In comment 15224124 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
if KD makes all NBA and Randle is kept off..


Media & coaches. And it is stupid $ is tied into making it.
RE: I am going to be a little pissed  
Enzo : 4/17/2021 5:11 pm : link
In comment 15224124 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
if KD makes all NBA and Randle is kept off..

it's better for us cap-wise if Randle doesn't make it. One of the dumbest rules in sports.
RE: RE: I am going to be a little pissed  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 5:20 pm : link
In comment 15224245 Enzo said:
Quote:
In comment 15224124 nygiants16 said:


Quote:


if KD makes all NBA and Randle is kept off..


it's better for us cap-wise if Randle doesn't make it. One of the dumbest rules in sports.


yeah thats the good part of it, but still
Yep, what a fun year.  
bceagle05 : 4/17/2021 6:03 pm : link
Legit All-Star in his prime, promising young player with All-Star potential, top tier coach and probable playoff appearance. That's a helluva first year for Leon Rose. I don't know who or how, but a star player will find his way here soon - I just hope it's a guard and not KAT.
RE: I am going to be a little pissed  
TyreeHelmet : 4/17/2021 6:50 pm : link
In comment 15224124 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
if KD makes all NBA and Randle is kept off..


He’s been fantastic when he plays but how can you put a player on ALL NBA who has sat the majority of the games?

This sounds crazy but what if the the Knicks went hard after Chris Paul this offseason? Weakens the Suns and opens the possibility of a Booker trade? They have been incredible this year but the Suns owner is not going to pay the tax to keep that team together.

But this season has been a joy to watch and the Knicks are in the best position they have been since the 90s. Couldn’t be happier how this season has gone.

RE: RE: I am going to be a little pissed  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 6:57 pm : link
In comment 15224324 TyreeHelmet said:
Quote:
In comment 15224124 nygiants16 said:


Quote:


if KD makes all NBA and Randle is kept off..



He’s been fantastic when he plays but how can you put a player on ALL NBA who has sat the majority of the games?

This sounds crazy but what if the the Knicks went hard after Chris Paul this offseason? Weakens the Suns and opens the possibility of a Booker trade? They have been incredible this year but the Suns owner is not going to pay the tax to keep that team together.

But this season has been a joy to watch and the Knicks are in the best position they have been since the 90s. Couldn’t be happier how this season has gone.


I winder if Paul told Rose not to trade for him because he didnt want to be in new york during pandemic..

...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 4/17/2021 7:06 pm : link
I think it's a moot point because both KD AND Randle will make All NBA. It just depends what team.

I saw rumor earlier that Knicks are going to go after Schröder this summer. He turned down a big, big extension from LAL so he wants a ton of cheddar. I'd rather have Lonzo.
RE: I agree except  
Leg of Theismann : 4/17/2021 7:33 pm : link
In comment 15223845 Earl the goat said:
Quote:
I don’t think Randle can be our 1
He’s definitely will be 2
We need a big time star FA or via trade to be the 1 in order to compete with the best teams
Can you say Kawhai Leonard ? We do have plenty of cap space and if the clippers fall then?


I'm going to push back a little bit on the "Randle can't be our 1" thing. He can't be a number 1 guy on a championship team RIGHT NOW, but the way he's leveled up from last season to this season solely through hard work leads me to think: why can't he keep ascending? Harden and Kawhi are examples of 2 dudes who took themselves from being solid players to being top 5 potential NBA MVP players solely through hard work. Given Randle's work ethic, I'm not saying he's definitely going be a top 5 player someday, but I'm also not ruling out that possibility.

All that said-- I was thinking about the Kawhi to NYK thing just the other day too (given he opts out). I honestly can't think of any other potential big-time UFA that would be available in the next 2-3 years besides possibly Kawhi--meaning like top 5-10 players the Knicks could get--so I hope that happens. My one question is: how would Kawhi's tendency toward load management mesh with Thibs's coaching style. Is Thibs going to just let Kawhi decide when and what games he plays? And if he pushes back, how would Kawhi respond to that? IDK but gun to my head I would obviously say yes to a Kawhi signing in a heartbeat.
RE: ...  
chopperhatch : 4/17/2021 7:36 pm : link
In comment 15224336 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
I think it's a moot point because both KD AND Randle will make All NBA. It just depends what team.

I saw rumor earlier that Knicks are going to go after Schröder this summer. He turned down a big, big extension from LAL so he wants a ton of cheddar. I'd rather have Lonzo.


Absolutely not on Schroeder. A million times no. I hate that guy's game. Go get Lonzo and lets have a REAL point guard run this bitch. Need that point, another meathead big (because Mitch 8snt worth what he'll cost) and another scorer and then lets see what happens.
One question I have...  
Leg of Theismann : 4/17/2021 7:36 pm : link
I saw someone on this board (and a few others agree) that they'd like to see Mike Conley on this team next year in somewhat the same role as Derrick Rose (veteran guard off the bench). My question is: why wouldn't Derrick Rose play the Derrick Rose role next year? I would really love Derrick Rose to stay on this team for 2022. (Unless the person(s) who said that were meaning having both Conley AND Rose next year??)
RE: One question I have...  
chopperhatch : 4/17/2021 7:51 pm : link
In comment 15224353 Leg of Theismann said:
Quote:
I saw someone on this board (and a few others agree) that they'd like to see Mike Conley on this team next year in somewhat the same role as Derrick Rose (veteran guard off the bench). My question is: why wouldn't Derrick Rose play the Derrick Rose role next year? I would really love Derrick Rose to stay on this team for 2022. (Unless the person(s) who said that were meaning having both Conley AND Rose next year??)


I have no idea why you would want MC over DR next year. MC is better from three is allI got. Derrick Rose is literally better in every other aspect
RE: RE: One question I have...  
Leg of Theismann : 4/17/2021 8:04 pm : link
In comment 15224365 chopperhatch said:
Quote:
In comment 15224353 Leg of Theismann said:


Quote:


I saw someone on this board (and a few others agree) that they'd like to see Mike Conley on this team next year in somewhat the same role as Derrick Rose (veteran guard off the bench). My question is: why wouldn't Derrick Rose play the Derrick Rose role next year? I would really love Derrick Rose to stay on this team for 2022. (Unless the person(s) who said that were meaning having both Conley AND Rose next year??)



I have no idea why you would want MC over DR next year. MC is better from three is allI got. Derrick Rose is literally better in every other aspect


Agreed, chop, I just didn't get it at all. I'd honestly be happy to see DR finish his career here, for however long that is. I think we got a steal by bringing him here. I meshes perfectly with Thibs and honestly still has a lot of juice left as long as he's in the right situation. It's amazing watching him play sometimes, we forget that if it had not been for those brutal injuries that slowed him down he would be one of the great guards of all time, but it's nice to see those skills are still intact even if physically he's not all there like he used to be. That said-- I think as long as he's coming off the bench and preserving himself physically he can still be a huge difference-maker in this league.
He* meshes perfectly  
Leg of Theismann : 4/17/2021 8:04 pm : link
.
...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 4/17/2021 8:09 pm : link
Yeah, I'm good with Rose. And he & Thibs...it works. I think a lot of people piss on Thibs about how his time in Chicago ended, but some of those Bulls teams were damn good, including the '11-'12 version where D-Rose got injured in Game 1 of the first round vs. 76ers.
...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 4/17/2021 8:10 pm : link
I would prefer him starting, but Rose is, as I've called him multiple times, Vinnie Johnson, aka 'The Microwave', for this team. Instant offense off the bench.
RE: ...  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 8:11 pm : link
In comment 15224374 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
Yeah, I'm good with Rose. And he & Thibs...it works. I think a lot of people piss on Thibs about how his time in Chicago ended, but some of those Bulls teams were damn good, including the '11-'12 version where D-Rose got injured in Game 1 of the first round vs. 76ers.


Imagine if they got a star next to Rose and Rose didnt get hurt...that team was so good
Leta go Warriors!!!  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 8:15 pm : link
..
RE: RE: ...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 4/17/2021 8:17 pm : link
In comment 15224377 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 15224374 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:


Quote:


Yeah, I'm good with Rose. And he & Thibs...it works. I think a lot of people piss on Thibs about how his time in Chicago ended, but some of those Bulls teams were damn good, including the '11-'12 version where D-Rose got injured in Game 1 of the first round vs. 76ers.



Imagine if they got a star next to Rose and Rose didnt get hurt...that team was so good


I saw that Bulls team in person. The Cs ended up in the ECF that spring vs. Miami. Chicago was much, much better. And the Cs pushed the Heat to 7. If I remember, LBJ went apeshit in Game 6 when Miami was down 3-2.
RE: Leta go Warriors!!!  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 4/17/2021 8:18 pm : link
In comment 15224378 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
..


Yes! Go Dubs!
RE: RE: RE: ...  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 8:19 pm : link
In comment 15224379 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
In comment 15224377 nygiants16 said:


Quote:


In comment 15224374 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:


Quote:


Yeah, I'm good with Rose. And he & Thibs...it works. I think a lot of people piss on Thibs about how his time in Chicago ended, but some of those Bulls teams were damn good, including the '11-'12 version where D-Rose got injured in Game 1 of the first round vs. 76ers.



Imagine if they got a star next to Rose and Rose didnt get hurt...that team was so good



I saw that Bulls team in person. The Cs ended up in the ECF that spring vs. Miami. Chicago was much, much better. And the Cs pushed the Heat to 7. If I remember, LBJ went apeshit in Game 6 when Miami was down 3-2.


Yup, that bulls team was tough
RE: RE: RE: One question I have...  
chopperhatch : 4/17/2021 8:20 pm : link
In comment 15224369 Leg of Theismann said:
Quote:
In comment 15224365 chopperhatch said:


Quote:


In comment 15224353 Leg of Theismann said:


Quote:


I saw someone on this board (and a few others agree) that they'd like to see Mike Conley on this team next year in somewhat the same role as Derrick Rose (veteran guard off the bench). My question is: why wouldn't Derrick Rose play the Derrick Rose role next year? I would really love Derrick Rose to stay on this team for 2022. (Unless the person(s) who said that were meaning having both Conley AND Rose next year??)



I have no idea why you would want MC over DR next year. MC is better from three is allI got. Derrick Rose is literally better in every other aspect



Agreed, chop, I just didn't get it at all. I'd honestly be happy to see DR finish his career here, for however long that is. I think we got a steal by bringing him here. I meshes perfectly with Thibs and honestly still has a lot of juice left as long as he's in the right situation. It's amazing watching him play sometimes, we forget that if it had not been for those brutal injuries that slowed him down he would be one of the great guards of all time, but it's nice to see those skills are still intact even if physically he's not all there like he used to be. That said-- I think as long as he's coming off the bench and preserving himself physically he can still be a huge difference-maker in this league.


As much as many hate it, that mid range jumper is just a shot that isnt defended any more! Lol.

And he doesnt take it a ton, but when teams give it to you, and you can hit it, it changes their philosophy.

Need at least 2 more pieces, but this team is a scary playoff opponent because of their D. Bullock looked GREAT last night.
...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 4/17/2021 8:24 pm : link
Chopper, this team will be a tough out for whoever. I'm under no illusions we're winning the East, but this team is going to be a bitch for whoever, be it the Nets, 76ers, or Bucks.
RE: ...  
Leg of Theismann : 4/17/2021 8:34 pm : link
In comment 15224374 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
Yeah, I'm good with Rose. And he & Thibs...it works. I think a lot of people piss on Thibs about how his time in Chicago ended, but some of those Bulls teams were damn good, including the '11-'12 version where D-Rose got injured in Game 1 of the first round vs. 76ers.


I think Thibs needs to be in the right setting to work, and I think this current Knicks team is exactly that right setting. He gives off vibes of a no-nonsense college coach, which works if you have a team full of young, humble, and hungry players. That's why I think his style is working here. He possibly wouldn't work as well on a team of superstar diva vets (like the Nets for instance). Guys who are already self-motivated and know what it takes to win in the NBA are less likely to listen to a guy like Thibs yell at them to get back on defense.
Jimmy Butler famously said Thibs's "yelling style" doesn't work in the NBA. BUT-- IMO there's still very much a place in the NBA for a "leader-of-men" of Thibs's nature. Hell-- obviously he knows something about what the hell he's doing given he has the #1 defense in the NBA right now, and the Knicks are one of the more cohesive groups in the league-- everyone talks about how much of a real "team" they are. There's real value to that that I think Thibs deserves credit for it.

(Just to note-- I know D Rose isn't a young guy, but he is obviously a humble and no-nonsense dude himself and I think that's why he works w/ Thibs too. I'm just imagining Thibs w/ the Nets: I can't imagine Kyrie, KD, and Harden responding well to Thibs's coaching style, honestly all 3 of them strike me as a little too sensitive... but that's fine, everyone's different.)
RE: RE: ...  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 8:48 pm : link
In comment 15224392 Leg of Theismann said:
Quote:
In comment 15224374 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:


Quote:


Yeah, I'm good with Rose. And he & Thibs...it works. I think a lot of people piss on Thibs about how his time in Chicago ended, but some of those Bulls teams were damn good, including the '11-'12 version where D-Rose got injured in Game 1 of the first round vs. 76ers.



I think Thibs needs to be in the right setting to work, and I think this current Knicks team is exactly that right setting. He gives off vibes of a no-nonsense college coach, which works if you have a team full of young, humble, and hungry players. That's why I think his style is working here. He possibly wouldn't work as well on a team of superstar diva vets (like the Nets for instance). Guys who are already self-motivated and know what it takes to win in the NBA are less likely to listen to a guy like Thibs yell at them to get back on defense.
Jimmy Butler famously said Thibs's "yelling style" doesn't work in the NBA. BUT-- IMO there's still very much a place in the NBA for a "leader-of-men" of Thibs's nature. Hell-- obviously he knows something about what the hell he's doing given he has the #1 defense in the NBA right now, and the Knicks are one of the more cohesive groups in the league-- everyone talks about how much of a real "team" they are. There's real value to that that I think Thibs deserves credit for it.

(Just to note-- I know D Rose isn't a young guy, but he is obviously a humble and no-nonsense dude himself and I think that's why he works w/ Thibs too. I'm just imagining Thibs w/ the Nets: I can't imagine Kyrie, KD, and Harden responding well to Thibs's coaching style, honestly all 3 of them strike me as a little too sensitive... but that's fine, everyone's different.)


Zero chance he would work in Brooklyn, You think Kyrie would listen to Thibs all game? thr same Kyrie who said they were all the coach..

You really need the right players for Thibs to work..
And i think Thibs can coach stars  
nygiants16 : 4/17/2021 9:00 pm : link
it just has to be the right stars, like the big 3 in miami would have loved thibs..

Stars that just want to go out and play wojld not work..

I haven't enjoyed watching the Knicks this much  
CT Charlie : 4/17/2021 9:12 pm : link
since the days of Willis Reed. So hard working, so unselfish, outplaying their opponents night after night.
I don't know where to rank Steph Curry among players in NBA  
Del Shofner : 4/17/2021 9:46 pm : link
history, as there have been so many great ones and Curry is still active. I will say that Curry is the best outside shooter in the history of the NBA, IMO. Displacing Jerry West in that distinguished position in my mind...
RE: I haven't enjoyed watching the Knicks this much  
Bricktop : 4/17/2021 10:02 pm : link
In comment 15224412 CT Charlie said:
Quote:
since the days of Willis Reed. So hard working, so unselfish, outplaying their opponents night after night.


You didn't like watching the early/mid '90s Knicks? I find that very odd. Those teams were great.
Van Gundy lauding Julius Randle on the ABC telecast.  
bceagle05 : 4/17/2021 10:22 pm : link
Noted his improvement in 3PT and FT shooting. Said he’s unguardable right now and easily the most improved player.
RE: RE: I haven't enjoyed watching the Knicks this much  
Producer : 4/17/2021 10:37 pm : link
In comment 15224426 Bricktop said:
Quote:
In comment 15224412 CT Charlie said:


Quote:


since the days of Willis Reed. So hard working, so unselfish, outplaying their opponents night after night.



You didn't like watching the early/mid '90s Knicks? I find that very odd. Those teams were great.


early 90s Knicks were a blast.
RE: RE: RE: I haven't enjoyed watching the Knicks this much  
Leg of Theismann : 4/18/2021 12:51 am : link
In comment 15224436 Producer said:
Quote:
In comment 15224426 Bricktop said:


Quote:


In comment 15224412 CT Charlie said:


Quote:


since the days of Willis Reed. So hard working, so unselfish, outplaying their opponents night after night.



You didn't like watching the early/mid '90s Knicks? I find that very odd. Those teams were great.



early 90s Knicks were a blast.


Early-mid 90s Knicks can be thanked for my Knick fandom to this day. I also liked the Allan Houston, Sprewell, LJ, Camby Knicks (especially when Ewing was the old head still banging in the paint).

Hell— I still to this day wish the Melo, Stoudemire, Chandler Knicks had beaten the Pacers and gone further in the playoffs. But I guess there was really no way they were beating that Heat team anyway.
RE: I don't know where to rank Steph Curry among players in NBA  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 4/18/2021 8:10 am : link
In comment 15224421 Del Shofner said:
Quote:
history, as there have been so many great ones and Curry is still active. I will say that Curry is the best outside shooter in the history of the NBA, IMO. Displacing Jerry West in that distinguished position in my mind...


I have loved Steph going back to Davidson. He's the best shooter I've ever seen. And the fact that he's not an imposing dude...one can envision themselves in him. & that's why I hated when KD joined them & they became a super team because I loved rooting for him.
RE: RE: Knicks would be a nightmare for any  
djm : 4/18/2021 11:26 am : link
In comment 15224030 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 15224029 Section331 said:


Quote:


legit contender in rd 1. They play hard, they lock down on D. Randle is a legit star, and RJ has improved dramatically. They need a #1, but the direction the franchise is in now will attract the big guns.



I think a team like the Nets would want no part kf playing the Knicms, ultimately thr Nets would win but Knicms would fight them tooth and nail..

Sixers i dont think would mind as much, they like that style..

Bucks i dont know, Giannis sure would have to work though


Knicks would be a huge problem for the bucks in a playoff series. I’d love to see that come to be.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner