I have an Apple MacBook Pro that is five years old. I just had the battery and keyboard replaced for $300. The computer is now constantly “freezing,” especially when I use the internet, and even when I just scroll, for example on BBI. Websites with video and pictures cause almost immediate freezing. All the keys stop working and I have to do a hard shut down by pressing and holding the power button. Everything, including basic programs like Word, are taking a very long time to boot up. The computer is taking at least twice as long to do so.
I am also noticing the following:
(1) Strange tiny white or gray rectangles when I boot up the computer, and also when I go online.
(2) Crashes in which the almost the entire screen turns black except for more of the tiny white rectangles, which flash like small lights. This happened when I was scrolling on Yahoo. The Google logo was also replaced by a flashing rectangular black square.
(3) Email features aren’t loading, or are taking a long time to do so.
(4) Sometimes I see a “ghost” screen on top of another screen. Everything seems like its in slow motion.
I started the computer while pressing and holding the “D” key to do a diagnostic test, which said “No Issues Found,” but then the computer froze again and I had to do another hard shut down.
(1) What is the cause? Is it a motherboard failure?
(2) If (1), then why didn’t it show up until after the computer was repaired? I didn't have any of these problems beforehand.