for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Progress Report on Dak Prescott

Rick in Dallas : 6/10/2021 10:13 am
For only being 9 month's after his serious ankle injury, Dak looks terrific in minicamp. He will be ready for training camp and the regular season. He is moving around like he had no injury at all.
Sidenote:
Smith,Collins and Martin on the OL all healthy and recovered from their injuries last season. If they stay healthy all year I would project the Cowboys as co-favorites in the NFC East with with WFT.

I was so surprised to see how well Dak is moving around to be honest with you.
Why would you assume Smith/Collins/Martin stay healthy?  
giants#1 : 6/10/2021 10:19 am : link
Smith - 30 and hasn't played 16 games since 2015
Martin - 30 and has missed time in 2 of the last 3 seasons
Collins - at least he's only 28, but I imagine a hip injury can have a lasting impact on an OLs flexibility
I’ll always hate the Cowboys  
mfsd : 6/10/2021 10:24 am : link
but Dak seems like one of the easier guys to root for in the league. I hope he’s good and healthy. And we beat them twice anyway
Even if the OL  
Lines of Scrimmage : 6/10/2021 10:24 am : link
returns to previous levels (a very big if for the duration of the season) I think the Giants D matches up well with them. The Giants can win this matchup with offensive improvement and controlling Dallas's running game.
Dallas and Washington should be favored to win the NFC East.  
Klaatu : 6/10/2021 10:28 am : link
I don't have a problem with that. I'd rather be the underdog.
As much as I dislike the Cowboys  
beatrixkiddo : 6/10/2021 10:29 am : link
That’s good to hear. I almost threw up watching that gruesome injury live last year, the fact he can return back from that is excellent. As I don’t wish injury upon anyone, such a terrible way to go out in a league where you already have short careers.
Dak..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/10/2021 10:31 am : link
will be ready.

Saquon will not.

And the beat goes on....
Where was it suggested that Saquon Barkley will not be ready  
NYGgolfer : 6/10/2021 10:37 am : link
to go? Was that hinted at in one of the media sessions or beat writers?
...  
christian : 6/10/2021 10:38 am : link
It's almost as if they had fundamentally different injuries, play different positions, and one of them is participating in OTAs while the other said he's watching through the window.
RE: Where was it suggested that Saquon Barkley will not be ready  
giants#1 : 6/10/2021 10:44 am : link
In comment 15283780 NYGgolfer said:
Quote:
to go? Was that hinted at in one of the media sessions or beat writers?


I haven't seen it in the media, just speculation from BBI posters.
RE: ...  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/10/2021 10:45 am : link
In comment 15283782 christian said:
Quote:
It's almost as if they had fundamentally different injuries, play different positions, and one of them is participating in OTAs while the other said he's watching through the window.


And it is almost as if you missed the sarcasm.

Well, not almost.
RE: RE: ...  
christian : 6/10/2021 10:52 am : link
In comment 15283787 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
And it is almost as if you missed the sarcasm.

Well, not almost.


Oh sweet! Glad to know we'll be spared the sob story on how negative Giants fans are, and how much better we've had it.

Since you were completely joking.
I'm happy for him...  
sb from NYT Forum : 6/10/2021 11:05 am : link
...that injury was ugly
Dallas sucks!  
trueblueinpw : 6/10/2021 11:17 am : link
But, yeah, if Dak weren’t a Poke I’d put him high on the list of non-Giants to root for. He seems like a good person. I think he’s under appreciated by fans. He’s a good QB.

I actually make the Cowboys as summer favorites to win the division. Hey why not? Summer has always been the time to shine for America’s team. I agree that The Football Team could also be a favorite with that nasty defensive line and what seems to be a good off season. But this is a quarterback’s league and I just can’t make favorite a team led by a leprechaun (from Harvard non-the-less). Dak is the best QB in the NFC, by a mile, so until they play the games, Pokes are odds on favs.
Isn't Dallas always the favorite this time of year?  
ZogZerg : 6/10/2021 11:17 am : link
And then the season happens....
Dak seems to be 'human' against other teams  
Dinger : 6/10/2021 11:29 am : link
but lights it up against us. Hoping we've added some players who can help make him look just average against us. He's the only person in our division that scares me. Zeke seems to do as much harm as good, I'm not worried about the Eagles as I know nothing about their HC and unless the WFT trades for Rodgers, I feel like we match up well with them.
I'll root for almost anyone coming back from  
Section331 : 6/10/2021 11:37 am : link
such an horrific injury, so good for Dak. And I agree that, on paper, Dallas should be the favorite or co-favorite. That's fine, make them prove it on the field.
Not sure what to think about Dallas  
BSIMatt : 6/10/2021 11:38 am : link
They seem like they have a lot to prove with regards to looking like a completely one dimensional team. Zeke did not play well last year, they couldn’t stop the run or pass, and while the passing game put up some great numbers in those few games with Dak, go back and look at the scores in those games and how many resulted in losses. When teams are putting up 30-40 a game on that D and Dallas is scrambling to come back from behind it makes those passing numbers ring a bit hollow. Somehow I always feel like Dallas is a team that gets overrated every offseason.
Dan Quinn as DC is a plus over last year's DC Mike Nolan  
Rick in Dallas : 6/10/2021 11:52 am : link
Nolan tried to force scheme changes last year that did not work at all and quite frankly not accepted by the players.
I expect the Cowboys D to be improved this year just because of the DC change to Quinn.
That's just my opinion as others may disagree.
RE: Dak..  
mfsd : 6/10/2021 11:53 am : link
In comment 15283777 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
will be ready.

Saquon will not.

And the beat goes on....


With all due respect FMIC, I’ll wait till we hear from every BBIer who’s ever had a knee injury and therefore knows the exact nature of Saquon’s injury and how long his recovery will be before I form an opinion...
A little off topic  
90.Cal : 6/10/2021 12:54 pm : link
But LVE is a guy I wouldn't mind seeing next to Blake in 2022... With Parsons, Jaylon, Neal and Cox... he's likely in his last year in Dallas.

2 divisional rivals I would like to see in Blue are LVE and Brandon Scherff
RE: Dak seems to be 'human' against other teams  
Zeke's Alibi : 6/10/2021 1:04 pm : link
In comment 15283824 Dinger said:
Quote:
but lights it up against us. Hoping we've added some players who can help make him look just average against us. He's the only person in our division that scares me. Zeke seems to do as much harm as good, I'm not worried about the Eagles as I know nothing about their HC and unless the WFT trades for Rodgers, I feel like we match up well with them.


Daks MO is that he really struggles against good teams and lights up the bad ones. He’s going to need to prove he can get it done and the biggest roadblock they had to getting the extension done earlier. It’s not like he hasn’t had talented offenses there.
NFCE is so strange...  
bw in dc : 6/10/2021 2:36 pm : link
from across the entire division.

Dallas pretty clearly has the best QB and best overall offensive parts. But a big hole on the D side. And a HC who needs to validate his hire.

WFT has a top ten defense, some plus offensive parts, but a QB who could easily lose as many games as he could win. And they have a very sound, competent HC.

The Eagles are completely unknown due to age, youth, and a completely unproven QB. Plus, a new, completely unproven HC.

And then there is NYG. A D that is top ten level (or better), but an OL and QB that are huge question marks after an off-season investing in other parts around them. And while I like Judge - I really like Graham - he's got more to prove too.

So if you buy that's the NFL is a QB league, I guess declaring Dallas the favorite does make some sense. Especially if he's fully recovered...
RE: NFCE is so strange...  
eric2425ny : 6/10/2021 4:35 pm : link
In comment 15283992 bw in dc said:
Quote:
from across the entire division.

Dallas pretty clearly has the best QB and best overall offensive parts. But a big hole on the D side. And a HC who needs to validate his hire.

WFT has a top ten defense, some plus offensive parts, but a QB who could easily lose as many games as he could win. And they have a very sound, competent HC.

The Eagles are completely unknown due to age, youth, and a completely unproven QB. Plus, a new, completely unproven HC.

And then there is NYG. A D that is top ten level (or better), but an OL and QB that are huge question marks after an off-season investing in other parts around them. And while I like Judge - I really like Graham - he's got more to prove too.

So if you buy that's the NFL is a QB league, I guess declaring Dallas the favorite does make some sense. Especially if he's fully recovered...


Well said. If DJ takes it to the next level (which also assumes adequate line play) I would say we are the favorites due to being more well rounded than the others.

On paper at this point, I think Dallas has to be the favorite. Dan Quinn as DC there concerns me even though everyone laughs at their defense. And their linebacker unit is pretty strong.
RE: RE: NFCE is so strange...  
Zeke's Alibi : 6/10/2021 4:42 pm : link
In comment 15284129 eric2425ny said:
Quote:
In comment 15283992 bw in dc said:



On paper at this point, I think Dallas has to be the favorite. Dan Quinn as DC there concerns me even though everyone laughs at their defense. And their linebacker unit is pretty strong.


Dan Quinn concerns you as a Giants fan? I'm stoked that he's been added to the clown car known as the Cowboys coaching staff. Atlanta was almost always terrible defensively, and had a half year of resurgence when he handed over the reigns to his defensive coordinator. Only way Dallas hits ten wins is if the offensive line stays healthy and they can control games on that side of the ball. Zeke needs a bounce-back year because he looked disinterested running behind a poor OL. Only time that he had to run behind a poor OL, completely inverse of our guy Saquon.
I want to beat Prescott 2x  
SGMen : 6/10/2021 10:18 pm : link
Wny not?
I wish ill will on no one.
Back to the Corner