After a plug for Verizon, Eli is asked about DJ.
- He does all the right things- preparation, studying and workouts.
- Now just needs to take it to the field and get RESULTS and get WINS.
_ Giants have a good defense and enough playmakers. Now, can they win those close games? Can DJ make those plays in the fourth quarter? Get that two minute drive going? And it is not just him, the players around him need to step up as well.
- DJ has the right mentality and work ethic to make that jump.
- I root for him and he DESERVES to have some success and s
On turnovers, you cannot think about 'I cannot turn over the ball here'. Just go out and be aggressive. For DJ, it is not him forcing throws, he has the ability to run, but when plays do not go as scripted, DJ needs to make the best of it- take a sack, throw the ball away. DJ is so competitive he foes not want to give up. Be patient and wait for opportunities to make plays. Can't afford negative plays- puts defense in a bind and hurts rhythm of offense.
- On playmakers added, how important is it to have SB back? SB is a playmaker- helps avoid 3rd and 8s. SB is a playmaker, SB will help a young QB avoid 3rd and long, put in a more manageable situation. When you cannot run the ball, puts too much pressure on the QB and defense too. SB healthy- not just running the ball but in passing game- mismatches with RB on LB and a weapon.
- All the new weapons- Galloday, Tony etc need to come together quick.
FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH.