for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Fantasy Football Discussion (9/15) Waivers, etc

pjcas18 : 9/15/2021 11:19 am
my week was about as bad as the Giants.

Two leagues, went 0 - 2 and it wasn't close.

In one league I had Raheem Mostert, and in that league someone spent 70% of the FAAB on Eli Mitchell ($145/$200).

Mostert was my RB3/Flex so I wasn't inclined to spend that much but I would like to replace him since my RB depth is now an issue.

I know you can't see my waiver list, but assume waivers has run and Mitchell, Ingram, etc. are gone.

Anyone worth adding who you think may generally still be available (WR or RB since it's a flex, but prefer RB)? I still have Mostert to drop.

to make matter worse for the week, I had an awesome DFS stack, but I had Odell Beckham in it because he was expected to play and i lost my contest by 1pt. I could have started almost literally any other WR in that price range and won.

...  
26.2 : 9/15/2021 11:20 am : link
Aaron Rodgers can eat a bag of dicks.

Thats all I got regarding FF.
RE: ...  
pjcas18 : 9/15/2021 11:23 am : link
In comment 15367353 26.2 said:
Quote:
Aaron Rodgers can eat a bag of dicks.

Thats all I got regarding FF.


I had him too. And Zeke Elliott.

I got a combined whopping 6 pts between the two of them.
Roundtree  
JayBinQueens : 9/15/2021 11:25 am : link
May not be a bad grab since Ekler seems like more of a 'when' than 'if' for an injury. Gainwell looked good too but neither would be a plug and play flex yet
RE: RE: ...  
JayBinQueens : 9/15/2021 11:26 am : link
In comment 15367357 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
In comment 15367353 26.2 said:


Quote:


Aaron Rodgers can eat a bag of dicks.

Thats all I got regarding FF.



I had him too. And Zeke Elliott.

I got a combined whopping 6 pts between the two of them.


Saquon and Najee was a sad duo this week too 😢
Pjacs  
beatrixkiddo : 9/15/2021 11:27 am : link
I’d look to add Rountree. He is my favorite sleeper this year, already snuck his way up on the doe th chart and has done great with the opportunities. Don’t worry about Mitchell, he is the flavor of the week, Sermon is going to own that RB room shortly. Any geriatric would have a career day running against Detroit’s defense, I’m not sold on Mitchel.

I am lucky to be very deep at WR and RB. Hoping I can make a trade to improve TE or grab another dominant WR or something. I’m going to wait till the injuries continue so many teams in my league with just 2 RBs and no depth. Meanwhile I have too many to start: Taylor, Swift, Sermon, Gordon, J Williams (Den), Ty’Son Williams. WR I have Adams, Hill, Shenault and Marshall. Looks like Lawrence will be good with how much they have to throw the ball this year, but looking to improve on Tonyan at TE.


Thanks  
pjcas18 : 9/15/2021 11:28 am : link
Gainwell got picked up this morning.

Rountree was already rostered (by the Ekeler owner).
same boat with Mostert  
UConn4523 : 9/15/2021 11:30 am : link
took him in the mid rounds based on his potential if ever healthy and boy did that backfire. I figured I'd get a few good games out of his but turns out he didn't even last a few carries.

Someone used the #1 waiver on Mitchell but I picked up Hasty off FA for free.
Perhaps Montgomery’s  
beatrixkiddo : 9/15/2021 11:33 am : link
Backup. Damien Williams is worth a stash? If anything happened to Montgomery you’d have yourself a plug and play player. May have to entertain some trades but without seeing your total roaster hard to suggest what.
I started ROJO because I figured he was going to run all over  
Zeke's Alibi : 9/15/2021 11:33 am : link
that soft Cowboys D. The gameplan from Arians didn't make much sense to me, and then he put him in the doghouse for early fumble. Really thought he was poised for a breakout year, trying to keep the attempts on Tom down over the season. Still lots of games to go. Fournette really only became the lead back when ROJO got hurt.

Got put in a bad situation because Swift was apparently limited and had to make a decision on Thursday and it cost me week 1. Ouch.
Kicked major butt this week.  
TheEvilLurker : 9/15/2021 11:36 am : link
Between Kyler Murray, Dalvin Cook, Hockenson,Tyson Williams and the Pittsburgh defense, I think I'm in good shape. WRS are weak, but Julio Jones and Golladay should catch on with more reps.
Total roster:  
pjcas18 : 9/15/2021 11:39 am : link
QB: Hurts
RB: Kamara, J. Taylor, Mostert (droppable), C. Hubbard (possibly droppable want to hold for a little if I can)
WR: Kupp, Shenault, Claypool, D. Smith, T. Marshall, K. Toney (possibly droppable want to hold for a little if I can)
TE: L. Thomas, M. Gesicki (droppable)

I had no 2nd or 5th round pick so if it looks like I'm missing a WR2 and RB3 it's because I am, but it's a keeper league and I have some good WR keeper options.

RE: Total roster:  
beatrixkiddo : 9/15/2021 11:50 am : link
In comment 15367379 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
QB: Hurts
RB: Kamara, J. Taylor, Mostert (droppable), C. Hubbard (possibly droppable want to hold for a little if I can)
WR: Kupp, Shenault, Claypool, D. Smith, T. Marshall, K. Toney (possibly droppable want to hold for a little if I can)
TE: L. Thomas, M. Gesicki (droppable)

I had no 2nd or 5th round pick so if it looks like I'm missing a WR2 and RB3 it's because I am, but it's a keeper league and I have some good WR keeper options.


Ok you have two great starters at RB, definitely need a 3rd option there. I’d maybe look to deal Claypool if you can get a decent RB even one like Hines if it’s PPR or something. Otherwise keep your high priority and an injury is due to happen at some point. Lots of replaceable players on your roster.
I forgot  
pjcas18 : 9/15/2021 11:54 am : link
speaking of droppable, I have Le'Veon Bell too.
I need help on who to play in the flex  
kelsto811 : 9/15/2021 1:32 pm : link
this week...ppr league. I am starting McCaffrey and Swift at RB & Jefferson and Godwin at WR. Leaves one flex spot for one of...

Mike Davis @ TB
Darrell Henderson @ IND
Mike Williams vs DAL
Tyler Boyd @ CHI
Corey Davis vs NE
Marvin Jones vs DEN
Jaylen Waddle vs BUF
Jalen Reagor vs SF
RE: I need help on who to play in the flex  
pjcas18 : 9/15/2021 1:46 pm : link
In comment 15367516 kelsto811 said:
Quote:
this week...ppr league. I am starting McCaffrey and Swift at RB & Jefferson and Godwin at WR. Leaves one flex spot for one of...

Mike Davis @ TB
Darrell Henderson @ IND
Mike Williams vs DAL
Tyler Boyd @ CHI
Corey Davis vs NE
Marvin Jones vs DEN
Jaylen Waddle vs BUF
Jalen Reagor vs SF


Probably Henderson
is agholor a FA PJ?  
Eric on Li : 9/15/2021 1:48 pm : link
I think he's going to have a really respectable year for the Pats, he's the exact type of WR Jones is used to throwing to at Bama. Shifty route runner just like Jeudy/Devonta. If the light has really gone on for Agholor and he's cleaned up some of the drops from earlier in his career he could finally have the type of season everyone expected way back.

Reagor is another - I don't personally like him all that much but it seems like he's been hit with a bust label too quickly and he's a starter on a team that should be throwing a lot.

if you want upside Marquez Valdez Scantling is another guy everyone has seemingly moved on from but is a starter with Rodgers and seems to have that job (8 targets week 1). He's always got open so the question is if he can catch the ball, but if he can he could have a surprisingly good year since both Adams/Tonyan should have TD regression.

Van Jefferson is another one. Especially if Kupp or Woods were to get miss any time.

(I know you said RB preferred but there's such slim pickings right now. Gainwell on philly is interesting and still on most waivers. Maybe phillip lindsay if he's out there? But he will probably need someone to get hurt to have viability)
RE: I forgot  
FranknWeezer : 9/15/2021 1:48 pm : link
In comment 15367385 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
speaking of droppable, I have Le'Veon Bell too.


I dropped Leveon and picked up Juwan Johnson, NO's up and coming TE, b/c I went TE late and had to settle for Fant. Keeping him for now just in case Juwan doesn't pan out.
RE: RE: I need help on who to play in the flex  
Eric on Li : 9/15/2021 1:52 pm : link
In comment 15367552 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
In comment 15367516 kelsto811 said:


Quote:


this week...ppr league. I am starting McCaffrey and Swift at RB & Jefferson and Godwin at WR. Leaves one flex spot for one of...

Mike Davis @ TB
Darrell Henderson @ IND
Mike Williams vs DAL
Tyler Boyd @ CHI
Corey Davis vs NE
Marvin Jones vs DEN
Jaylen Waddle vs BUF
Jalen Reagor vs SF



Probably Henderson


agree with PJ.

how about this need to pick 2 of these 3 for my RB2 and a flex (PPR):

Gordon @ Jax
Jacobs @ Pitt
Sutton @ Jax

Think im leaning towards both Broncos vs. Jax as a semi-hedge.
RE: is agholor a FA PJ?  
pjcas18 : 9/15/2021 1:57 pm : link
In comment 15367555 Eric on Li said:
Quote:
I think he's going to have a really respectable year for the Pats, he's the exact type of WR Jones is used to throwing to at Bama. Shifty route runner just like Jeudy/Devonta. If the light has really gone on for Agholor and he's cleaned up some of the drops from earlier in his career he could finally have the type of season everyone expected way back.

Reagor is another - I don't personally like him all that much but it seems like he's been hit with a bust label too quickly and he's a starter on a team that should be throwing a lot.

if you want upside Marquez Valdez Scantling is another guy everyone has seemingly moved on from but is a starter with Rodgers and seems to have that job (8 targets week 1). He's always got open so the question is if he can catch the ball, but if he can he could have a surprisingly good year since both Adams/Tonyan should have TD regression.

Van Jefferson is another one. Especially if Kupp or Woods were to get miss any time.

(I know you said RB preferred but there's such slim pickings right now. Gainwell on philly is interesting and still on most waivers. Maybe phillip lindsay if he's out there? But he will probably need someone to get hurt to have viability)


Agholor is rostered, but Van Jefferson is a FA as is MVS.

Gainwell and Lindsay are both rostered.

I like Van Jefferson as a deep/yac threat with Stafford, but just doesn't get enough targets (yet) so as a stash he's definitely interesting.
I had the great combo of Aaron Jones and Zeke last week  
Jints in Carolina : 9/15/2021 2:01 pm : link
.
Kirk in AZ  
GMen72 : 9/15/2021 2:02 pm : link
Is someone to watch. Moved to the slot this year and had a good day. Murray is gonna have a big year...and other than Hopkins, the catches are up for grabs.
RE: RE: RE: I need help on who to play in the flex  
beatrixkiddo : 9/15/2021 2:15 pm : link
In comment 15367563 Eric on Li said:
Quote:
In comment 15367552 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


In comment 15367516 kelsto811 said:


Quote:


this week...ppr league. I am starting McCaffrey and Swift at RB & Jefferson and Godwin at WR. Leaves one flex spot for one of...

Mike Davis @ TB
Darrell Henderson @ IND
Mike Williams vs DAL
Tyler Boyd @ CHI
Corey Davis vs NE
Marvin Jones vs DEN
Jaylen Waddle vs BUF
Jalen Reagor vs SF



Probably Henderson



agree with PJ.

how about this need to pick 2 of these 3 for my RB2 and a flex (PPR):

Gordon @ Jax
Jacobs @ Pitt
Sutton @ Jax

Think im leaning towards both Broncos vs. Jax as a semi-hedge.


To the top poster I think I might lean Mike Williams vs Dallas, that’s going to be another shootout and Williams vs Dallas D is pretty juicy matchup. Henderson if your just looking for a a safe floor.

I would probably go both Den players as well, although Jacob’s is probably good for at least a TD.
Waivers  
OBJRoyal : 9/15/2021 2:53 pm : link
Who is the better pickup. We play w/ WR/TE spots instead of seperate.

Kirk
Gronk
Mike Williams
Ty'son Williams
Eli Mitchell
RE: Waivers  
EricJ : 9/15/2021 3:12 pm : link
In comment 15367648 OBJRoyal said:
Quote:
Who is the better pickup. We play w/ WR/TE spots instead of seperate.

Kirk
Gronk
Mike Williams
Ty'son Williams
Eli Mitchell


I would grab Gronk and TySon williams
I've got Ty'son  
Bear vs Shark : 9/15/2021 3:34 pm : link
and I'm wondering if I should sell high on him. I think Latavius is going to get more of the carries, as he is a pretty solid back and can actually pass protect.

Also afraid Freeman or Bell (probably Freeman) will end up taking some of the carries turning that backfield into a full blown time share.

That's a bad beat with OBJ  
Kev in Cali : 9/15/2021 3:57 pm : link
I got burned also, but was out of it either way unlike your scenario. He was a last minute scratch and I missed that too.
RE: I've got Ty'son  
Kev in Cali : 9/15/2021 4:10 pm : link
In comment 15367710 Bear vs Shark said:
Quote:
and I'm wondering if I should sell high on him. I think Latavius is going to get more of the carries, as he is a pretty solid back and can actually pass protect.

Also afraid Freeman or Bell (probably Freeman) will end up taking some of the carries turning that backfield into a full blown time share.


I'm trying to trade Moss and Fournette for Ty'son right now.....Not giving up much, and if he becomes the lead or semi-lead back, he should provide some RB2 points
RE: RE: Waivers  
OBJRoyal : 9/15/2021 6:09 pm : link
In comment 15367678 EricJ said:
Quote:
In comment 15367648 OBJRoyal said:


Quote:


Who is the better pickup. We play w/ WR/TE spots instead of seperate.

Kirk
Gronk
Mike Williams
Ty'son Williams
Eli Mitchell



I would grab Gronk and TySon williams


Thanks, we get one waiver claim per week. Probably end up w Gronk
Back to the Corner