for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

NFT: Braves at Mets Game 2. Walker

ZGiants98 : 8/5/2022 6:26 pm
Mets Lineup

Nimmo CF
Marte RF
Lindor SS
Alonso 1B
Vogelbach DH
McNeil 2B
Naquin LF
Guillorme 3B
Nido C

Walker SP (9-2, 2.79 ERA)

Lets take another one! LGM!
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
I’ve yet to see Walker throw a pitch this inning  
CooperDash : 8/5/2022 7:48 pm : link
over 87 mph. Hope he’s not hurt but he’s definitely in lala land.

That last pitch was at 93, so who knows.
.  
pjcas18 : 8/5/2022 7:49 pm : link
Michael Mayer
@mikemayer22
Francisco Álvarez has homered again, his third home run in five games for Triple-A Syracuse.
RE: RE: Soooooo….Buck’s already given up on this game, right?  
Ira : 8/5/2022 7:49 pm : link
In comment 15772848 JayBinQueens said:
Quote:
In comment 15772838 CooperDash said:


Quote:


I mean anyone watching this game knows it Walker has absolutely nothing tonight. Tough to watch them give this one away.



Doubleheader tomorrow. He either uses the bullpen tonight and punts a game tomorrow, or punts tonight. Pick your poison


Probably best to do what he's doing. Keep Walker in.
Pitchers have bad games.  
JayBinQueens : 8/5/2022 7:50 pm : link
Let's hope it was the cleat and an aberration
RE: RE: Soooooo….Buck’s already given up on this game, right?  
CooperDash : 8/5/2022 7:52 pm : link
In comment 15772848 JayBinQueens said:
Quote:
In comment 15772838 CooperDash said:


Quote:


I mean anyone watching this game knows it Walker has absolutely nothing tonight. Tough to watch them give this one away.



Doubleheader tomorrow. He either uses the bullpen tonight and punts a game tomorrow, or punts tonight. Pick your poison


Oh, I know. But 4 runs is manageable. And it was only the first.

Walker probably should not have come back out. Now we have to go to the BP anyway - but instead of it being a 4 run lead it’s now a 6 run lead and likely to be 7 or 8 before the inning ends.

Can’t give up the game in the first inning. Oh well. Bad situation all around.
RE: .  
Optimus-NY : 8/5/2022 7:56 pm : link
In comment 15772855 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
Michael Mayer
@mikemayer22
Francisco Álvarez has homered again, his third home run in five games for Triple-A Syracuse.


Shit. If he keeps it up, he won't be giving the Mets a choice.
RE: RE: RE: Soooooo….Buck’s already given up on this game, right?  
JayBinQueens : 8/5/2022 7:59 pm : link
In comment 15772864 CooperDash said:
Quote:
In comment 15772848 JayBinQueens said:


Quote:


In comment 15772838 CooperDash said:


Quote:


I mean anyone watching this game knows it Walker has absolutely nothing tonight. Tough to watch them give this one away.



Doubleheader tomorrow. He either uses the bullpen tonight and punts a game tomorrow, or punts tonight. Pick your poison



Oh, I know. But 4 runs is manageable. And it was only the first.

Walker probably should not have come back out. Now we have to go to the BP anyway - but instead of it being a 4 run lead it’s now a 6 run lead and likely to be 7 or 8 before the inning ends.

Can’t give up the game in the first inning. Oh well. Bad situation all around.


Yep. Sucks but it happens. On the bright side, I'm not there so we can just turn it off and come back tomorrow
RE: RE: .  
pjcas18 : 8/5/2022 7:59 pm : link
In comment 15772868 Optimus-NY said:
Quote:
In comment 15772855 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


Michael Mayer
@mikemayer22
Francisco Álvarez has homered again, his third home run in five games for Triple-A Syracuse.



Shit. If he keeps it up, he won't be giving the Mets a choice.


it was a bomb too
link - ( New Window )
Walker hit a wall last year as well  
Vanzetti : 8/5/2022 8:00 pm : link
Let's hope they are smart enough this year to put him on the DL rather than just run him out there to get shelled like they did last year.
RE: Walker hit a wall last year as well  
Gmanfandan : 8/5/2022 8:07 pm : link
In comment 15772872 Vanzetti said:
Quote:
Let's hope they are smart enough this year to put him on the DL rather than just run him out there to get shelled like they did last year.
From your mouth to gods ear - would love to see them bring back Peterson and put Walker on the shelf for now. Love the idea of Megill going to the pen when he gets back.
Mauricio  
pjcas18 : 8/5/2022 8:16 pm : link
now....

Michael Mayer
@mikemayer22
·
2m
Ronny Mauricio has homered tonight for Double-A Binghamton.

He has 20 already this year, tying the career-high he set last year.
Geez, LG is soooo fucking slow.  
CooperDash : 8/5/2022 8:16 pm : link
He was out by a mile.
guess we can stop  
KDubbs : 8/5/2022 8:17 pm : link
kissing cora's ass. wtf are you doing?
Holy shit  
MetsAreBack : 8/5/2022 8:17 pm : link
How do you send him down 8-1 against a pitcher that can’t find the player?

Holy fuck is everyone’s head up their ass tonight including the coaches
Joey Cora MUSTA been smokin' rocks there  
Optimus-NY : 8/5/2022 8:17 pm : link
WTF
Find the plate  
MetsAreBack : 8/5/2022 8:17 pm : link
Obv
Cora  
PakistanPete : 8/5/2022 8:19 pm : link
is like that Burr bit about your dick being a 3B coach.
RE: Holy shit  
Optimus-NY : 8/5/2022 8:20 pm : link
In comment 15772896 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
How do you send him down 8-1 against a pitcher that can’t find the player?

Holy fuck is everyone’s head up their ass tonight including the coaches


What hasn't gone wrong tonight? Surreal.
That was bad by Cora  
Vanzetti : 8/5/2022 8:21 pm : link
You have to figure the game situation into your decision making

RE: RE: Holy shit  
CooperDash : 8/5/2022 8:22 pm : link
In comment 15772903 Optimus-NY said:
Quote:
In comment 15772896 MetsAreBack said:


Quote:


How do you send him down 8-1 against a pitcher that can’t find the player?

Holy fuck is everyone’s head up their ass tonight including the coaches



What hasn't gone wrong tonight? Surreal.


Exactly. Well, Let’s get it out of our system tonight. Let the Barves have their fun and bark at our fans all night. As long as we take care of business tomorrow.
No big deal. I was looking forward to a free night I  
Ten Ton Hammer : 8/5/2022 8:24 pm : link
Wouldn't feel like I HAD to watch the game.

Good ol second half walker
Turrible challenge  
PakistanPete : 8/5/2022 9:03 pm : link
up 8-1
Wow.  
Optimus-NY : 8/5/2022 9:18 pm : link
Snitker ain't playin'. One would think, "let my guy get one more out here to qualify for a W", but guess not.
Mets ain’t gonna let Braves off easy tonight  
Metnut : 8/5/2022 9:21 pm : link
This team has heart.
RE: Turrible challenge  
Dennis : 8/5/2022 9:22 pm : link
In comment 15772936 PakistanPete said:
Quote:
up 8-1

That was my thought too, Snitker is running scared, pulling his pitcher in the 5th inning with a 6 run lead.

...And it just got more interesting. 2 more runs just scored. 8-4.
This game is nuts  
ZGiants98 : 8/5/2022 9:23 pm : link
3 run game
At a minimum, this rally  
Metnut : 8/5/2022 9:25 pm : link
ensures that the Braves will have to burn through most of there bullpen tonight before the doubleheader tomorrow.
love the Mets bench  
KDavies : 8/5/2022 9:26 pm : link
Canha/Escobar/Ruf.
RE: At a minimum, this rally  
Optimus-NY : 8/5/2022 9:28 pm : link
In comment 15772958 Metnut said:
Quote:
ensures that the Braves will have to burn through most of there bullpen tonight before the doubleheader tomorrow.


Basically. It's a game again. They ain't gettin' off easy tonight any way ya slice it.
Williams is a gamer. Really nice job by him to  
CooperDash : 8/5/2022 9:29 pm : link
Stop the bleeding.

Walker should have never come out for the second. But not an easy call.
RE: RE: At a minimum, this rally  
Dennis : 8/5/2022 9:30 pm : link
In comment 15772960 Optimus-NY said:
Quote:
In comment 15772958 Metnut said:


Quote:


ensures that the Braves will have to burn through most of there bullpen tonight before the doubleheader tomorrow.



Basically. It's a game again. They ain't gettin' off easy tonight any way ya slice it.


+1. My thought also. 4 at bats to score 3 runs. Very Doable.
Joely with a clean inning?  
Gmanfandan : 8/5/2022 9:34 pm : link
Its fate boys - we're gonna take this one.
RE: Joely with a clean inning?  
Optimus-NY : 8/5/2022 9:36 pm : link
In comment 15772965 Gmanfandan said:
Quote:
Its fate boys - we're gonna take this one.


wouldn't you just  
Dennis : 8/5/2022 9:44 pm : link
Love Alonso to hit a HR now?
They won't have any pitching left for tomorrow  
Dennis : 8/5/2022 9:49 pm : link
We've won even if we lose.
I respect Snitker's decisiveness.  
Optimus-NY : 8/5/2022 9:50 pm : link
Canha needs to give us a solid at bat here.
Canha pinch hit  
moze1021 : 8/5/2022 9:54 pm : link
Not a smart move in 6th inning IMO

I'd rather keep Vogey in there for an AB vs a righty the next time around

Ouch!  
Dennis : 8/5/2022 9:55 pm : link
Ouch!
Nice  
PakistanPete : 8/5/2022 10:00 pm : link
!
We're  
PakistanPete : 8/5/2022 10:26 pm : link
in business, boys.
Iglesias  
moze1021 : 8/5/2022 10:30 pm : link
Was such a huge add by Braves
Terrible  
Eli owns all : 8/5/2022 10:33 pm : link
At bat by lindor
Braves D robbed Mets of three runs  
Vanzetti : 8/5/2022 10:57 pm : link
Bad ABs by Marte and Nimmo failing to get a the runner to third from second with no outs. That's two small ball runs they left on the table

So, despite a horrendous performance from their starter, Mets were actually in the game.

And as Metnut predicted Braves had to use the big guns in their pen.
RE: Iglesias  
Snablats : 8/5/2022 10:59 pm : link
In comment 15773000 moze1021 said:
Quote:
Was such a huge add by Braves

The kind of add the Mets should have done. But the Mets have Alderson making decisions
Coffee  
PakistanPete : 8/6/2022 7:45 am : link
doesn't taste as good this morning.

But I feel about as good as you can after a loss to the Braves.

Mets got this team.
Blah  
Eli owns all : 8/6/2022 9:19 am : link
Get to see Peterson 😑
RE: RE: Iglesias  
Optimus-NY : 8/6/2022 9:50 am : link
In comment 15773028 Snablats said:
Quote:
In comment 15773000 moze1021 said:


Quote:


Was such a huge add by Braves


The kind of add the Mets should have done. But the Mets have Alderson making decisions


Great point. That's the ONE thing they could have improved upon, instead of getting Buck's guy Givens.
Momentum in baseball is as good as the next day's SP.  
Optimus-NY : 8/6/2022 9:56 am : link
Look who we've got going today. Scherz is gonna be pumped for today's day end of the Double Header:



I feel good that the Braves BP had to work last night. Let's get after it today and take at least one of the two games today.

P.S. Any word about Walker's injury situation, if there is one?
RE: Iglesias  
Eric on Li : 8/6/2022 10:30 am : link
In comment 15773000 moze1021 said:
Quote:
Was such a huge add by Braves


yeah he looked pretty dominant yesterday. with jansen only being under contract this year at the same AAV, iglesias likely just swaps in as their closer next year. that is an add the mets should have been involved in, especially knowing diaz is a FA, but the closest comps to the main prospect atlanta gave up would probably be either peterson or megill, so they didn't give up nothing.

was great to see the mets grind yesterday into a game but sucks to see that atlanta bp step up to shut things down when they needed to. i think the mets have the better team but atlanta is still quality.
RE: Canha pinch hit  
Rory : 8/6/2022 1:12 pm : link
In comment 15772978 moze1021 said:
Quote:
Not a smart move in 6th inning IMO

I'd rather keep Vogey in there for an AB vs a righty the next time around


I watched this part of the game...Minter was brought in to get Vogelbach out of the game

we had 2 on , and tying run at the plate while Vogelbach is hitting .134 against lefties.

Canha was the right move.

not sure how you can question this man.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner