for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NYG - Players returning from injury

NYG22 : 5/24/2023 10:53 am
NOTE: none of this is spoken with any position of authority or inside knowledge. Its just a conversation starter. This is about players with certain or possible "spill over" injuries so if the player came back in 2022, I tried to exclude them.


QB, RB, TE, S: None.

WR:

Wan’Dale Robinson; ACL in November, '22 -- Outlook: love the kid and hope they are prudent about his return

Sterling Shepard; ACL in September, '22 -- Outlook: he's the ultimate teammate and has had a solid career albeit one that has been littered with injuries. I am not optimistic especially now that we have added a few NFL caliber receivers.

Collin Johnson; Achilles in August, '22. -- Outlook: I am always skeptical when it comes to this injury.

OL:

Marcus McKethan; ACL in August, '22 -- Outlook: plenty of time to rehab we should be optimistic; one would think he would have the inside track on a backup OG spot over Lemieux who has had his injury problems as well

DL:

Leonard Williams - seemed banged up all year long; -- Outlook: I hope none of that has a recovery that spills over into '23

D.J.Davidson; ACL in October, '22 -- Outlook: easy to like in his rookie year; good temperament for the position; this is suddenly a deep position

LB/Edge:

Azeez Ojulari - muscle pulls all year long last year; -- Outlook: let's hope he found a yoga instructor

Elerson Smith - has been hurt so often in the last several years; -- Outlook: t is difficult to be optimistic about a future w NYG at this point

Darrian Beavers; ACL in August, '22 -- Outlook: plenty of time to recover; will be interesting if he regains his depth chart advantage over McFadden

CB:

Aaron Robinson; knee injury in September, '22 -- I am unclear as to whether this was an ACL or other -- Outlook: unsure

Leonard Johnson; ACL in April, '22 -- Outlook: unsure (no idea how good he is)
I’m hoping McKethan  
Earl the goat : 5/24/2023 11:26 am : link
Can take over the right guard position to give this Oline a huge road grading right side

Glowinski at the most only has this year left at right guard
Also  
Pepe LePugh : 5/24/2023 11:29 am : link
WR Jameson Crowder, ankle
DL A’Shawn Robinson, torn meniscus
TE Darren Waller, hamstring (?)
Aaron Robinson; knee injury in September, '22  
BillT : 5/24/2023 11:43 am : link
As I understand it was a partial ACL and an MCL. Not sure if this is better or worse than a full ACL. He’s been at OTAs but not sure what that indicates.

McKethan, Robinson, Shepard, Johnson, Davidson, Robinson, Beavers. Good golly.
Shane Lemieux has to be on this list  
Chris684 : 5/24/2023 11:48 am : link
Under the column of “generally always injured”

Also, did Ezeudu’s neck ever get cleared last year? I don’t believe so.
RE: Shane Lemieux has to be on this list  
NYG22 : 5/24/2023 11:50 am : link
In comment 16122469 Chris684 said:
Quote:
Under the column of “generally always injured”

Also, did Ezeudu’s neck ever get cleared last year? I don’t believe so.


Good additions.
Haha  
Johnny5 : 5/24/2023 12:00 pm : link
I like the yoga instructor line. That made me chuckle.
Very nice summary NYG22  
Lines of Scrimmage : 5/24/2023 12:06 pm : link
I am looking forward to quite a few of these players and what type of players they can become.
Is the achilies injury the same as it used to be?  
Andy in Halifax : 5/24/2023 12:14 pm : link
Purely observational (therefore unreliable) but it seems like that injury used to be a career altering injury most of the time. But lately it seems like players are coming back sooner and just as healthy as prior... Am I crazy to think that?
RE: Is the achilies injury the same as it used to be?  
NYG22 : 5/24/2023 12:16 pm : link
In comment 16122488 Andy in Halifax said:
Quote:
Purely observational (therefore unreliable) but it seems like that injury used to be a career altering injury most of the time. But lately it seems like players are coming back sooner and just as healthy as prior... Am I crazy to think that?


I wonder the same.
Beavers is the one I'm most excited to see  
ShockNRoll : 5/24/2023 1:06 pm : link
He looked great last year in preseason, it looked like we found a real gem. If he is able to pick up where he left off and be an impact player, this could be a very good LB corps, something we really haven't had in over a decade.
McKethan is a right guard candidate. Plenty of candidates for  
Ivan15 : 5/24/2023 2:45 pm : link
Left guard. I’m not sure McKethan has played on the left side. Bredeson can play left and right guard and he likely will back up center and right guard.
RE: Beavers is the one I'm most excited to see  
Payasdaddy : 5/24/2023 3:57 pm : link
In comment 16122509 ShockNRoll said:
Quote:
He looked great last year in preseason, it looked like we found a real gem. If he is able to pick up where he left off and be an impact player, this could be a very good LB corps, something we really haven't had in over a decade.

hopeful for beavers. he flashed last yr but practiced for a week. IDK if I would say "looked great'
I would go with promising
Bellinger is still  
Bill in UT : 5/24/2023 4:41 pm : link
wearing a dark shield on his helmet, I believe. I don't know if the eye is completely healed and it's just a preventive measure (probably) or if there are lingering effects. I also don't know if the shield will effect his normal or peripheral vision in some way.
McKinney belongs on the list  
Gatorade Dunk : 5/24/2023 4:48 pm : link
Even though he did return at the end of the season last year with the club on his hand, he's still not completely finished with rehab to get that hand back to full strength. I don't think there's any reason to expect him not to be at full strength before the season starts (and probably before camp starts), but he's not all the way there just yet.
Lemieux’s injury was turf toe,  
bluefin : 7:43 am : link
sustained on the opening drive of preseason 2022, and he’s had almost a year to rehab. Apart from that he has no other injuries, he’s in his prime, schooled in this offense from day one, and no doubt has a large chip on his shoulder.
Don’t count him out.
RE: Lemieux’s injury was turf toe,  
Chris684 : 8:10 am : link
In comment 16122867 bluefin said:
Quote:
sustained on the opening drive of preseason 2022, and he’s had almost a year to rehab. Apart from that he has no other injuries, he’s in his prime, schooled in this offense from day one, and no doubt has a large chip on his shoulder.
Don’t count him out.


He’s been hurt for the better part of 2 consecutive seasons. When can we count him in?
McKinney’s hand may never be 100%  
gersh : 8:17 am : link
It was a horrible injury
Regardless, it won’t stop him from being a great player if he keeps improving as a player
The number of ACLs just seems stunning to me.  
mfjmfj : 9:56 am : link
Know idea of how that is in context of other teams. I really hope the new turf solves this problem.
RE: RE: Lemieux’s injury was turf toe,  
bluefin : 3:07 pm : link
In comment 16122873 Chris684 said:
Quote:
In comment 16122867 bluefin said:


Quote:


sustained on the opening drive of preseason 2022, and he’s had almost a year to rehab. Apart from that he has no other injuries, he’s in his prime, schooled in this offense from day one, and no doubt has a large chip on his shoulder.
Don’t count him out.



He’s been hurt for the better part of 2 consecutive seasons. When can we count him in?

True, however he was an iron horse at Oregon, and the turf that injured his foot has been replaced - there are reasons to be optimistic about Lemieux.
Back to the Corner