for display only
Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

NFT: Pacers @ Knicks - Game 5 - 8 PM

Doubledeuce22 : 5/14/2024 7:57 am
OG is out again going to need big games from Divo and McBride if this team has any chance of recovering. Hopefully the MSG crowd is a factor. Let’s get this pivotal game!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: I think there’s a better chance they bring in Caruso  
Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy : 5/16/2024 11:12 am : link
In comment 16516701 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
Than PG


Caruso/OG on defense with a legit Big defender like Hartenstein would be incredible to watch.
Caruso is awesome.  
Jon In NYC : 5/16/2024 11:17 am : link
I’m assuming you bringing it up is more than a hunch but I’m not sure what the bulls would want other than maybe Deuce as a younger version of Caruso or Mitch, who I’d imagine has more value than Caruso at this point?
Maybe a sign and trade with Precious and picks  
Jon In NYC : 5/16/2024 11:22 am : link
could work. The Bulls need bigs badly.
Caruso seems destined to be a Knick.  
bceagle05 : 5/16/2024 11:24 am : link
Created in a lab just for Thibs.
RE: Caruso is awesome.  
Strahan91 : 5/16/2024 11:25 am : link
In comment 16516729 Jon In NYC said:
Quote:
I’m assuming you bringing it up is more than a hunch but I’m not sure what the bulls would want other than maybe Deuce as a younger version of Caruso or Mitch, who I’d imagine has more value than Caruso at this point?

I don't think Mitch has much trade value at all right now. Another injury-plagued season where he came back and didn't look the same then got hurt again. Even going into the last year of his deal I'd imagine Caruso has a lot of trade value.
Caruso would be a hell of a fit  
nygiants16 : 5/16/2024 11:31 am : link
can shoot the 3, can play the backup point innspots, can play next to anyone..

My guess the cost is at least 3 firsts
RE: Caruso would be a hell of a fit  
Strahan91 : 5/16/2024 11:34 am : link
In comment 16516754 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
can shoot the 3, can play the backup point innspots, can play next to anyone..

My guess the cost is at least 3 firsts

The question is if he's worth 3 firsts or Deuce and 2 1sts. Going into the last year of his deal means he's gonna have to get paid to keep him at which point he'll be 31
I don’t think they’re including Deuce or Precious in any move  
ajr2456 : 5/16/2024 11:38 am : link
I think they think they can improve Precious into a big who can shoot the 3 enough to keep teams honest. Remember they didn’t have an offseason with him.

I think we see an even bigger Precious jump next year.
Caruso is about to be 31  
Jon In NYC : 5/16/2024 11:38 am : link
on an expiring deal and always hurt. Those are the Knocks.

But yeah it’s hard to picture a better fit with Thibs. He’s the kind of guy they missed against Maxey.
RE: I don’t think they’re including Deuce or Precious in any move  
Jon In NYC : 5/16/2024 11:41 am : link
In comment 16516763 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
I think they think they can improve Precious into a big who can shoot the 3 enough to keep teams honest. Remember they didn’t have an offseason with him.

I think we see an even bigger Precious jump next year.


I hope you’re right. His 3 is pretty broken though so that would require quite a leap.

Then maybe it would be Mitch going. Vucevic both stinks and they were playing him at the 4 to end last season.
RE: Shams also said  
djm : 5/16/2024 11:43 am : link
In comment 16516326 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
growing sentiment around the league was Mitchell would sign an extension


Of course he will sign. They always do, or at least 99% of the time they do.
I’ll also add quickly  
Jon In NYC : 5/16/2024 12:09 pm : link
That if they can add both Caruso and Mikal Bridges…wow. Good luck scoring against Caruso Bridges and OG to close out games. Or to start games. Or at any point.
RE: I’ll also add quickly  
ajr2456 : 5/16/2024 12:25 pm : link
In comment 16516813 Jon In NYC said:
Quote:
That if they can add both Caruso and Mikal Bridges…wow. Good luck scoring against Caruso Bridges and OG to close out games. Or to start games. Or at any point.


Not sure they’d add both. Next years playoff rotation would be Brunson, DDV, OG, Randle, ihart, deuce, Caruso/bridges, hart, and precious. That’s already 9. No chance they’d play 10.

If they can’t get a star, I think they look to add Caruso or Bridges plus a backup ball handler - probably using one the firsts on a rookie.

I don’t think they need the star to win the title next year.
This  
DanMetroMan : 5/16/2024 12:42 pm : link
is great
Link - ( New Window )
RE: I’ll also add quickly  
nygiants16 : 5/16/2024 12:52 pm : link
In comment 16516813 Jon In NYC said:
Quote:
That if they can add both Caruso and Mikal Bridges…wow. Good luck scoring against Caruso Bridges and OG to close out games. Or to start games. Or at any point.


Against certain teams a closing lineup of Brunson, Djvencenzo, caruso, Mikal, OG...

With Hart mixed in, oh the defense and shooting...

I really want Mikal, but i am not going to get my hopes up with the Nets trading him tl Ny
Didn't sound like OG  
LW_Giants : 5/16/2024 1:32 pm : link
was all that close to returning to the court during Thibs'shootaround comments.
RE: Didn't sound like OG  
nygiants16 : 5/16/2024 1:41 pm : link
In comment 16516935 LW_Giants said:
Quote:
was all that close to returning to the court during Thibs'shootaround comments.


the good news he is doing on court work
Caruso is a nice fit as a back up  
larryflower37 : 5/16/2024 1:43 pm : link
He has 1 year left at 9 million and will be 31 in February.
You could probably pull him for a first this year and some trash salary filler but I wouldn't give much more for him.
I can't see the Knicks using 2 late first round picks and are either going to package them to move up or trade one at minimum.
I would love Bridges but you need to probably pull in a 3rd team to move Randle because I don't think the Nets want him and he doesn't fit with Bridges.
Maybe the Lakers?
Nets need to figure out a plan and are in a bad spot moving Bridges for picks would be smart but all of a sudden our own first might not be that valuable since we should be drafting in the back half of the first.
No Deuce for Caruso...  
Jan in DC : 5/16/2024 2:31 pm : link
Deuce is ascending, on a better contract and for longer years.

Also, for anyone interested CP from KFTV is going to be "debating" Draymond Green today at 3pm on Youtube.

Love KFTV, so I figured I'd give them a shoutout here.
RE: Caruso is a nice fit as a back up  
DaShotel13 : 5/16/2024 3:03 pm : link
In comment 16516952 larryflower37 said:
Quote:
He has 1 year left at 9 million and will be 31 in February.
You could probably pull him for a first this year and some trash salary filler but I wouldn't give much more for him.
I can't see the Knicks using 2 late first round picks and are either going to package them to move up or trade one at minimum.
I would love Bridges but you need to probably pull in a 3rd team to move Randle because I don't think the Nets want him and he doesn't fit with Bridges.
Maybe the Lakers?
Nets need to figure out a plan and are in a bad spot moving Bridges for picks would be smart but all of a sudden our own first might not be that valuable since we should be drafting in the back half of the first.


Why would Bridges and Randle not fit together? I see them completely as complimentary. I might be missing something but the Randle that we saw earlier this year and definitely is January would fit seamlessly into this squad (as would Bridges)
Jay Wright interview on the Nova Knicks  
Chris684 : 5/16/2024 3:05 pm : link
I have been waiting to get his perspective on these guys. Must listen for any Knicks fan imo.
Link - ( New Window )
RE: No Deuce for Caruso...  
bceagle05 : 5/16/2024 3:15 pm : link
In comment 16517034 Jan in DC said:
Quote:
Also, for anyone interested CP from KFTV is going to be "debating" Draymond Green today at 3pm on Youtube.

Draymond blew him off.
RE: Didn't sound like OG  
Jim in Fairfax : 5/16/2024 3:32 pm : link
In comment 16516935 LW_Giants said:
Quote:
was all that close to returning to the court during Thibs'shootaround comments.

Closing out tomorrow would be big. Extra time for OG to recover without pressured return before ready.
Draymond blowing off KFTv  
nygiants16 : 5/16/2024 3:38 pm : link
on brand, guaranteed he thought it was recorded and could be edited and found out it was live and his agent said no
What we need is a TWolves win tonight  
Chris684 : 5/16/2024 3:49 pm : link
And the obvious Knick win tomorrow.

That maximizes our off time.
Ridiculous that it’s even possible  
bceagle05 : 5/16/2024 3:57 pm : link
to win a series in six games and start the next one within 48 hours. That’s typically the downside of having to go to a seventh game, not sixth.
RE: Draymond blowing off KFTv  
Optimus-NY : 5/16/2024 4:01 pm : link
In comment 16517144 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
on brand, guaranteed he thought it was recorded and could be edited and found out it was live and his agent said no


Oh snap! He actually did that? What a scummy thing to do. I like CP and all, but he never should have agreed to speak with that turd Draymond.
RE: Draymond blowing off KFTv  
Jan in DC : 5/16/2024 4:06 pm : link
In comment 16517144 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
on brand, guaranteed he thought it was recorded and could be edited and found out it was live and his agent said no


I only heard CP said that his agent reached out to reschedule. Hilarious though CP just blew him up for his lame takes. Called him the "Chris Broussard of new media." Which makes me think that Draymond and Chris Broussard won't be coming on KFTV anytime soon.
I think it was more like  
bceagle05 : 5/16/2024 4:08 pm : link
“Draymond can’t make it today and we’ll reach out about rescheduling” which sounds like they’re just blowing him off completely.
Here's CP's response to Draymond from KFTV:  
Optimus-NY : 5/16/2024 4:23 pm : link
Click below...


Draymond Green Ducks The KFTV Smoke! - KnicksFanTV - Today - ( New Window )
RE: RE: Caruso is a nice fit as a back up  
Mike in NJ : 5/16/2024 4:45 pm : link
In comment 16517086 DaShotel13 said:
Quote:
In comment 16516952 larryflower37 said:


Quote:


He has 1 year left at 9 million and will be 31 in February.
You could probably pull him for a first this year and some trash salary filler but I wouldn't give much more for him.
I can't see the Knicks using 2 late first round picks and are either going to package them to move up or trade one at minimum.
I would love Bridges but you need to probably pull in a 3rd team to move Randle because I don't think the Nets want him and he doesn't fit with Bridges.
Maybe the Lakers?
Nets need to figure out a plan and are in a bad spot moving Bridges for picks would be smart but all of a sudden our own first might not be that valuable since we should be drafting in the back half of the first.



Why would Bridges and Randle not fit together? I see them completely as complimentary. I might be missing something but the Randle that we saw earlier this year and definitely is January would fit seamlessly into this squad (as would Bridges)


I think the only challenge with adding Bridges and keeping Randle would be finding enough minutes for everyone. You figure IHart and Mitch are getting the 48 minutes at center, Randle, OG and Brunson will get 34 each, and if you’re trading for Bridges you are going to give him 30+ minutes as well. That only leaves 56 minutes to split between Hart, Divencenzo and Deuce.

Let’s say Deuce gets the 14 minutes when Brunson sits, are you only giving Hart and Donte 20ish minutes each? Can definitely make it work but someone’s going to have their role greatly reduced.
OG  
DanMetroMan : 5/16/2024 5:14 pm : link
ruled out for game 6.
RE: RE: RE: Caruso is a nice fit as a back up  
larryflower37 : 5/16/2024 7:11 pm : link
In comment 16517228 Mike in NJ said:
Quote:
In comment 16517086 DaShotel13 said:


Quote:


In comment 16516952 larryflower37 said:


Quote:


He has 1 year left at 9 million and will be 31 in February.
You could probably pull him for a first this year and some trash salary filler but I wouldn't give much more for him.
I can't see the Knicks using 2 late first round picks and are either going to package them to move up or trade one at minimum.
I would love Bridges but you need to probably pull in a 3rd team to move Randle because I don't think the Nets want him and he doesn't fit with Bridges.
Maybe the Lakers?
Nets need to figure out a plan and are in a bad spot moving Bridges for picks would be smart but all of a sudden our own first might not be that valuable since we should be drafting in the back half of the first.



Why would Bridges and Randle not fit together? I see them completely as complimentary. I might be missing something but the Randle that we saw earlier this year and definitely is January would fit seamlessly into this squad (as would Bridges)



I think the only challenge with adding Bridges and keeping Randle would be finding enough minutes for everyone. You figure IHart and Mitch are getting the 48 minutes at center, Randle, OG and Brunson will get 34 each, and if you’re trading for Bridges you are going to give him 30+ minutes as well. That only leaves 56 minutes to split between Hart, Divencenzo and Deuce.

Let’s say Deuce gets the 14 minutes when Brunson sits, are you only giving Hart and Donte 20ish minutes each? Can definitely make it work but someone’s going to have their role greatly reduced.

The best fit for Bridges is the starting 4 with Hartenstein, OG, DDV and Brunson
Randle is not going to be Happy not playing 34 plus minutes same with Bridges.
They are both best starting at the 4 and OG needs 34+ at the 3 especially in the playoffs when minutes get tighter.
...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 5/16/2024 7:38 pm : link
I think Denver closes it out tonight. I'm still picking the Nuggets to win it all. If not us, them. I love Joker.
RE: ...  
Larry in Pencilvania : 5/16/2024 7:43 pm : link
In comment 16517355 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
I think Denver closes it out tonight. I'm still picking the Nuggets to win it all. If not us, them. I love Joker.


Need the Wolves to win tonight to delay the ECF
RE: RE: RE: RE: Caruso is a nice fit as a back up  
DaShotel13 : 5/16/2024 8:39 pm : link
In comment 16517332 larryflower37 said:
Quote:
In comment 16517228 Mike in NJ said:


Quote:


In comment 16517086 DaShotel13 said:


Quote:


In comment 16516952 larryflower37 said:


Quote:


He has 1 year left at 9 million and will be 31 in February.
You could probably pull him for a first this year and some trash salary filler but I wouldn't give much more for him.
I can't see the Knicks using 2 late first round picks and are either going to package them to move up or trade one at minimum.
I would love Bridges but you need to probably pull in a 3rd team to move Randle because I don't think the Nets want him and he doesn't fit with Bridges.
Maybe the Lakers?
Nets need to figure out a plan and are in a bad spot moving Bridges for picks would be smart but all of a sudden our own first might not be that valuable since we should be drafting in the back half of the first.



Why would Bridges and Randle not fit together? I see them completely as complimentary. I might be missing something but the Randle that we saw earlier this year and definitely is January would fit seamlessly into this squad (as would Bridges)



I think the only challenge with adding Bridges and keeping Randle would be finding enough minutes for everyone. You figure IHart and Mitch are getting the 48 minutes at center, Randle, OG and Brunson will get 34 each, and if you’re trading for Bridges you are going to give him 30+ minutes as well. That only leaves 56 minutes to split between Hart, Divencenzo and Deuce.

Let’s say Deuce gets the 14 minutes when Brunson sits, are you only giving Hart and Donte 20ish minutes each? Can definitely make it work but someone’s going to have their role greatly reduced.


The best fit for Bridges is the starting 4 with Hartenstein, OG, DDV and Brunson
Randle is not going to be Happy not playing 34 plus minutes same with Bridges.
They are both best starting at the 4 and OG needs 34+ at the 3 especially in the playoffs when minutes get tighter.


I think you’re thinking of Miles Bridges. Mikal Bridges is a 2/3 wing, dude’s not a power forward. OG could play the 4 but Bridges isn’t, his fit next to Randle is not an issue.
Wolves up 59-40 at halftime.  
bceagle05 : 5/16/2024 9:50 pm : link
Let's get that one to Game 7.
RE: RE: ...  
bluefin : 5/16/2024 9:50 pm : link
In comment 16517364 Larry in Pencilvania said:
Quote:
In comment 16517355 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:


Quote:


I think Denver closes it out tonight. I'm still picking the Nuggets to win it all. If not us, them. I love Joker.



Need the Wolves to win tonight to delay the ECF

Good start - MIN up 19 at halftime, held Denver to a 14-pt 1st quarter
RE: RE: RE: ...  
Larry in Pencilvania : 5/16/2024 9:59 pm : link
In comment 16517632 bluefin said:
Quote:
In comment 16517364 Larry in Pencilvania said:


Quote:


In comment 16517355 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:


Quote:


I think Denver closes it out tonight. I'm still picking the Nuggets to win it all. If not us, them. I love Joker.



Need the Wolves to win tonight to delay the ECF


Good start - MIN up 19 at halftime, held Denver to a 14-pt 1st quarter


Wolvers are owning the boards. The Nuggets do look a step slow. Wolves are gonna ride Ant Man as far as he takes them. Just need a win tonight
The two best stories in the NBA this yesr  
JT039 : 5/16/2024 10:03 pm : link
Is Brunson and Edwards rises to superstars.
Extra days off will be huge  
ajr2456 : 5/16/2024 10:48 pm : link
Close it out tomorrow
The prevailing thiught is  
nygiants16 : 5/16/2024 10:52 pm : link
well Pacers are at home and they are going to start fast and have tons of eneefy that the Knicks wont be able to match and Pacers win game 6..

but i keep going back to what carslisle said post game about their team not coming out the right way for a game 5 and not understanding the moment and my thought ia ok, young team, but how are they going to react to an elimination game where they lose and they are done?
RE: The prevailing thiught is  
LW_Giants : 5/16/2024 10:54 pm : link
In comment 16517697 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
well Pacers are at home and they are going to start fast and have tons of eneefy that the Knicks wont be able to match and Pacers win game 6..

but i keep going back to what carslisle said post game about their team not coming out the right way for a game 5 and not understanding the moment and my thought ia ok, young team, but how are they going to react to an elimination game where they lose and they are done?


Haliburton will play better. He always shoots well and has big first halves at home. Wouldn't surprise me if he hits 4-5 threes in first half. Key will be limiting damage from Siakam and Turner, and Knicks winning the rebound battle.
Up 50  
bluefin : 5/16/2024 10:55 pm : link
you don’t see that a lot
RE: The prevailing thiught is  
CooperDash : 5/16/2024 11:35 pm : link
In comment 16517697 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
well Pacers are at home and they are going to start fast and have tons of eneefy that the Knicks wont be able to match and Pacers win game 6..

but i keep going back to what carslisle said post game about their team not coming out the right way for a game 5 and not understanding the moment and my thought ia ok, young team, but how are they going to react to an elimination game where they lose and they are done?


Yeah, I literally said this the other day, lol. The Pacers will feed off the home court advantage and try to come out hard. The Pacers go as Halliburton goes. Shutting him down early is the key to taking that game. Can’t let him get in a groove. I’m realistic about our chances against the Celtics but, boy do I want to shut these posers up.

Pacers fans continue to talk an insane amount of shit…compared to Knicks fans. I feel we are all business while they are the little piss-ant brother that wont shut the fuck up. What a weird fanbase lol.
RE: Up 50  
Jim in Fairfax : 5/16/2024 11:35 pm : link
In comment 16517699 bluefin said:
Quote:
you don’t see that a lot


Good result for the Knicks. If the Knicks win tomorrow and Denver had won they would have had to play the Celtics Sunday. No matter what at this point the ECF won’t start till Tuesday.
RE: The prevailing thiught is  
djm : 5/16/2024 11:39 pm : link
In comment 16517697 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
well Pacers are at home and they are going to start fast and have tons of eneefy that the Knicks wont be able to match and Pacers win game 6..

but i keep going back to what carslisle said post game about their team not coming out the right way for a game 5 and not understanding the moment and my thought ia ok, young team, but how are they going to react to an elimination game where they lose and they are done?


If I’m a pacers fan what would scare me is anything can happen in this game. The Knicks are fully capable of coming in there and shooting the lights out early on, playing downhill and sneaking out with the clincher. There’s a reason teams lose more often than not when down 3-2. They have no margin for error. One insane 3 pt shooting quarter out of ragu or hart tomorrow night and things get hot under the collar real quick in Indy.
Ha ha CP was taking no prisoners yesterday  
Stu11 : 5/17/2024 8:02 am : link
.
Link - ( New Window )
Doubledeuce22 can you start a game thread for today?  
LW_Giants : 5/17/2024 11:32 am : link
The same guy who started one already started the one for game three (called Hicks vs. Knicks), which they lost.
RE: Doubledeuce22 can you start a game thread for today?  
larryflower37 : 5/17/2024 11:50 am : link
In comment 16518022 LW_Giants said:
Quote:
The same guy who started one already started the one for game three (called Hicks vs. Knicks), which they lost.

+1
#LFGK
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner